NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1080 on: <09-19-11/1802:11> »
@Sichr: 

That's a pretty crazy move!  Well let's see, how about we make you do a Agility + Grenades Skill test.  Each 2 hits can give you a +1 on your soak.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #1081 on: <09-20-11/1015:35> »
:) I dont have grendae, only an offensive spyball microdrone...well this is about survival   :'( :'( :'(

Ill post later, another bussiness trip, and roll accordingly to our agreement...

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1082 on: <09-20-11/1440:26> »
At least I wont be stained by phosphorus...just roasted :)

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1083 on: <09-20-11/1451:58> »
Strenght boost drain (1S): Magic(5)+Will(3) (8d6.hits(5)=2=OK)
Zach carefully finishes his descent, stoping a few feets above raging flames. He puts on his rebreather to avoid fumes and figured out his next move. From his backpack, he took out grapple gun and place the grapple with the rope on the wall above the tunnel entrance. Then he takes a few deep breaths, calming his body and preparing for the risky operation:
Agility boost: Magic(5)+Boost(1)-WND(1) (5d6.hits(5)=1 - Glitch? Ill consider no hit happened)
Failing to concentrate, he gives up his idea to use his EyeBall to lower the risk of being burned, hanged on the rope and jumps, swinging across the flames right into the darness of the escape tunnel:
Agility(4)+Gymnastics(3)-WND(1)+Edge(1) (7d6.hitsopen(5,6)=4)
Adds 4 hits to damage resistance test:
Body(4)+1/2 Impact(2)+4 (10d6.hits(5)=4)+4P=7P

Check this before I post it in IC.
Does it mean it would be 2P in the next CT and 0P in the last CT? Does those 4 hits still apply to the damage resistance? Or would it be only 1 time damage, since Im not stained by that shit? Ill finish my rolloing after your reply

Nice that I have +3 fire resistance camo...packed on my bike :)

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1084 on: <09-20-11/1528:13> »
@Sichr: 

You add hits from you athletics test as dice to your resistance pool, not as automatic successes.  So just roll 4 more dice for the athletics skill hits and that's your damage soak. 

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1085 on: <09-20-11/1714:46> »
reread my post pls ;)
last roll is resistance pool +4

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1086 on: <09-20-11/1833:38> »
@Sichr: 
Ok i misread what you had.  So you're gonna take 8P-4P = 4P first CT.  The agility test bonus only applies for the first CT since it's when you swing through the fire.  Next CT 6....one after that 4...2...0. 

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1087 on: <09-21-11/0138:31> »
Inca...I know you want it harsh but lets just keep it at least a bit realistic. Flames so hot that they burn human body in armormor in 6 seconds almost to ash would have temperature that would detonate grenades and ammo in wagners Dobermans clips and whatever droid had on him...
more to it: swinging above the flames, not even being hit by the fuel, is equal to direct hit from best flamethrower on the market. srsly?
how muc efforts I can put to lower the damage? I have 3 IPs to try to put the fire on myself out?
Otherwise next round would be my last IMO its 6 dicepool X 6P, and all I need is to trake aditional 3P damage to die.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1088 on: <09-21-11/1807:29> »
Just because I recall a few things from chemistry lessons undergone during my education, Ive checked a few things:

Burning Injuries from white phosphorus.

Incandescent particles of WP cast off by a WP weapon's initial explosion can produce extensive, deep second and third degree burns. One reason why this occurs is the tendency of the element to stick to the skin. Phosphorus burns carry a greater risk of mortality than other forms of burns due to the absorption of phosphorus into the body through the burned area, resulting in liver, heart and kidney damage, and in some cases multiple organ failure.[70] These weapons are particularly dangerous to exposed people because white phosphorus continues to burn unless deprived of oxygen or until it is completely consumed. In some cases, burns are limited to areas of exposed skin because the smaller WP particles do not burn completely through personal clothing before being consumed.

For those raging flames:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oke8GinWDG8
cca 3:20

As Teyl previously stated, the core of the effect is chemical raction. WP is not dangerous for "raging flames" but for the part when if you get stained (hope thats the right word) the flame cannot be put out until there is no oxygene that it could react with. Chemical protection wont work, because it is the heat that damages even chemical protection suite, but you have to be exposed to this chemical so it will burn throught your armor, skin and flesh until it absorbs all oxygene in reach or is absorbed by reaction. More to it, I can hardly imagine that there is additional fuel for the fire in elevator shft, besides concrete and steel...

Back to my case.
Would removing the burning (stained) parts of armor help to lower the damage?
How muc of my armor is stained by WP, and how difficult would it be to remove it? IDN how quickly can one remove chameleon suit...?
« Last Edit: <09-21-11/1818:35> by Sichr »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1089 on: <09-21-11/1904:24> »
@Sichr:

Ok, well you and Teyl have convinced me about how the white phosphorus works....you put in the research and he put in the blood sweat and tears, so we'll just say that with armor, you only take a one time damage hit from the white phosphorus if you were exposed just to the flames and not the splatter of the phosphorus itself.  I was treating it more like fire damage because your clothes and armor could catch on fire, but we'll just say you take the one time hit.   So forget about the -2P every CT.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1090 on: <09-22-11/0458:38> »
@Sichr:

Ok, well you and Teyl have convinced me about how the white phosphorus works....you put in the research and he put in the blood sweat and tears, so we'll just say that with armor, you only take a one time damage hit from the white phosphorus if you were exposed just to the flames and not the splatter of the phosphorus itself.  I was treating it more like fire damage because your clothes and armor could catch on fire, but we'll just say you take the one time hit.   So forget about the -2P every CT.

my respect man ;)

@Teyl Illiar: Well, we work well as a team, aren`t we? :)

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1091 on: <09-22-11/1451:58> »
@Xzyl:

How's that mage coming along?

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #1092 on: <09-22-11/1539:11> »
@Teyl Illiar: Well, we work well as a team, aren`t we? :)
It's a true story. Filled with blood, pain, and really poor pay. :P (no offense inca) now then kids. The gloves are off and it's time to "end" this, one way or another.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #1093 on: <09-22-11/1555:23> »
Fully remembering how much I hate character building... Man I hate mystic adepts, but really wanted to make one work!
Regular 400BP build, right?

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #1094 on: <09-22-11/1621:03> »
Fully remembering how much I hate character building... Man I hate mystic adepts, but really wanted to make one work!
Regular 400BP build, right?
mystic adepts, more like tough shit. :P i feel for you omae.

Inca, maybe he should get a little more than 400 BP since at this point with the threats we're facing zach and Brick are just surviving. If you throw the same stuff at him idk how long he'll last. (no offense xzy.)
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm