NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #1065 on: <09-09-11/1301:12> »
@Brick: 

Well first of all the grenade hits well before the chasis makes it down to you but it doesn't matter really cuz Wagner already dodged it so eventually it comes to you.  The grenade however started at a distance of 10m to you and the cyborg reduced the distance to 5m.  Then your 2 hits in your dodge roll would increase that distance to 7m so you would still get 1P of the white phosphorus.  So resist 1P of fire damage which is Body + 1/2 impact + fire resistance.  Then you have to resist it again at the end of every CT for 10 CT's.  Shouldn't be much of a problem.
It should be chem protection since it's not real fire, it's a chemical reacting to air. doesn't change my rolls any, but I'm going to spend the edge to not bother with those damage rolls to save time. brb to re-roll misses.

got the only hit I needed and I'm out of the blast raidious. as for the formating of post, I figured that since the grenade was propelled away from the falling borg it would hit first, but due to the rules being strange about how and when grenades go off. (next IP/CT) and with the drone falling at an equal speed it would have hit bottom close to the same time. sorry if that screws things up. I can try to fix it if you like. ???
« Last Edit: <09-09-11/1306:07> by Teyl_Iliar »
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #1066 on: <09-09-11/1303:29> »
IMO you will be able to just buy enought hit, isn that true?

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #1067 on: <09-09-11/1309:23> »
IMO you will be able to just buy enought hit, isn that true?
Buying hits is always GM's call, and since this was a resist damage test and we don't pull punches here I figured it was only fair I roll it to see how it goes down. Besides I already rolled it and made it out so it's no sweat omae. (literally  ;D
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1068 on: <09-09-11/1321:36> »
Yeah, it's GM's call for buying hits and that's usually for stuff that isn't dangerous or under stress just to save time with a pesky roll. 

These mini-grenades are airburst so they detonate on the same action phase.  Even if it hadn't been airburst, it would have landed and then just sat in one place for a few seconds before blowing up.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #1069 on: <09-09-11/1324:53> »
Yeah, it's GM's call for buying hits and that's usually for stuff that isn't dangerous or under stress just to save time with a pesky roll. 

These mini-grenades are airburst so they detonate on the same action phase.  Even if it hadn't been airburst, it would have landed and then just sat in one place for a few seconds before blowing up.
Ah, In my head the scatter part was like? but it's in a confined space.... where would it go for scatter? only directions availible is down the new tunnel, or up... if it's hitting the ground at high speed it's gonna bounce before it ricochets, so that's my path of logic.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #1070 on: <09-11-11/0426:19> »
Oh wagner, you poor bastard. good call going back to VR, you don't want to feel what's gonna happen next, either meeting the ground or the  phosphorus. Once we're out of here we'll drink something hard and listen to something classical to remember you Omae.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #1071 on: <09-11-11/1813:23> »
Good luck you guys ;)

Working on a char... So slowly.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1072 on: <09-16-11/0146:38> »
Inca. is there any way to avoid the fire at all? using climbing, rope or something to get into tunnel without stepping on the ground and being stained by white phosphorus? Or the only way is to roll against the damage? Ill IC post as soon as I know the answer, Ive been 5 days AFK and there is another 5 days comming from tomorow or sunday...

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1073 on: <09-16-11/0326:36> »
LOL read last IC...IMO no way we are wayiting for 3 minutes :) I understand that I dont repply for a some time...welll not my fault, just RL...

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1074 on: <09-16-11/2052:53> »
@Sichr:

Unless you can figure some way to put it out or wait, you'll have to take damage. 

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #1075 on: <09-16-11/2100:08> »
Brick is going to do what he can to go unnoticed by the guards. Brick rolling for infiltration agility 5 +skill 2 =7dp (7d6.hits(5)=2)
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1076 on: <09-16-11/2212:56> »
@Teyl:

Put your last post in IC

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1077 on: <09-17-11/0702:30> »
OK. So Climbing down, then using my grapple gun to place another rope on the wall above the tunnel entrance and swing above the flames right into the tunnel entrance is an option?

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1078 on: <09-17-11/1751:32> »
It's not just a little fire off the ground...it's raging flames...but i'll let you add hits from an athletics test to your damage soak.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1079 on: <09-18-11/0246:40> »
Ahh shit. Well roasted Siberian :)

Some automated sprinlers? Fire extinguisher in the shaft? No? I expected that.

One more idea... If I have a Flashbang detonated in flames, would shock wawe lower the flames at least for the few moments...enought for me to swing above it?