NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #1035 on: <09-06-11/0311:48> »
Uhm, yeah... good luck surviving, guys.
Zach shouldn't waste time & effort on Wagner, better get himself to safety.

Depending on inca, you guys might make some money here. The Rover's safely parked outside (since Wagner couldn't reach it to come get them) and the two microcrawler drones are sitting at Stryker's feet.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #1036 on: <09-06-11/0338:53> »
IMO one of you is mistaken:
Inca: Scatter reduction = -1m / hit
Xzylvador: Scatter reduction = -2m / hit

I just dont know if 50% is right for chunky salsa effect, for being in shaft and getting chunky from all four sides...IMO this must be more. I remember that you`ve been very precise when it comes to applying chunky salsa effect on us, Inca ;)

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1037 on: <09-06-11/0512:56> »
He gave 1 more damage points than what I calculated, so not complaining about the chunky salsa ;)
Problem with HE grenade is the -2DV per meter. In this 5x5 space, if it exploded dead center: 2.5m to the wall, 2.5m back = 5m. At -2/m, there isn't any chunky salsa effect in the exact center.
But that's a bit abstract, the target will always have a size so the grenade won't detonate in the center.

-- Ah, k, got it. 1m/hit is for normal grenades. Launchers and aerodynamic grenades reduce by 2m per hit instead.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1038 on: <09-06-11/0519:21> »
He gave 1 more damage points than what I calculated, so not complaining about the chunky salsa ;)
Problem with HE grenade is the -2DV per meter. In this 5x5 space, if it exploded dead center: 2.5m to the wall, 2.5m back = 5m. At -2/m, there isn't any chunky salsa effect in the exact center.
But that's a bit abstract, the target will always have a size so the grenade won't detonate in the center.

-- Ah, k, got it. 1m/hit is for normal grenades. Launchers and aerodynamic grenades reduce by 2m per hit instead.

Damage -2/m...sucks :(

Hope we will get out of this. I need to keep you alive to thank you properly...
No way letting you down...you`ve saved my live upstairs, destroying that turret ;)

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1039 on: <09-06-11/0530:06> »
Right, forgot about that ;)
Still, if he survives, I don't think Wagner will stick around after this.
He's got a SIN, got the credentials and got the skills to find a decent paying job.
He figured 'running would be more fun and excitement, guess he underestimated how hard the real world can be... he probably thought he could do most of it from the safety of his cocoon or at least from behind the frontlines.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1040 on: <09-06-11/0556:14> »
@Xzyl:

Well the table on pg. 155 says 3d6 - 2/m for grenade launcher but then 2d6 - 1/m - sensor for airburst.   Since the geometry of the scene is complex, I was just doing a GM call on what the damage values are going to be because it's not really feasible to calculate everything out.  So I just said that any grenade shot through the shaft is going to automatically hit the borg, so he has to resist 10P + 5P for chunky salsa. 

You do have Edge in your pool so you can burn a point of Edge to get a hand of god if you'd like.  If you survive i hope you stick around, you guys are gonna get a full UB's worth of Karma at least.  Maybe you can scrounge out some loot too.  Team could really use your help too. 

@Sichr: 

If Wagner burns some Edge then I'll make the catch and save happen automatically otherwise since you already used a Complex Action this phase, you can use your next action phase in the next IP to try and catch Wagner.  When your turn comes up this would require a Strength + Reaction (4) test.  If you succeed then you've caught him and grabbed hold of the ladder. 

@Brick & Wagner:

You guys are up next, Wagner can take actions.  Wagner can roll a Intuition + Logic (2) test and if you succeed you understand what just happened to you and you can act accordingly.  With a Free action you can switch out of VR.  With a Simple action and a Strength + Reaction (3) test you can catch yourself. 
« Last Edit: <09-06-11/0609:03> by inca1980 »

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1041 on: <09-06-11/0617:18> »
Scatter: Heh, only read the text, not the table... My bad. What's the sensor rating of a smartgun's airbust link?

TBH, this seems like a perfect exit for Wagner, even if he survives.
Don't get me wrong, I like the dark "this is a harsh world and drek happens to 'runners" setting of the Urban Brawl games, but after this Wagner's character is pretty much burned for me.
He lost the two doberman drones (and will soon lose his dragonfly too): equipment worth about 70kY that formed his prime 'running tools. At the rate we're earning money (if we're earning at all instead of losing it to expenses) it'll take ages to recover those losses and in the meanwhile he'll just be a hacker/chauffeur. Not a character I'm sure I feel like playing; and roleplay wise I just don't see Wagner continuing 'running; he loved those drones and is about to get the dragonfly to destroy itself to save his team. Like I said, if he survives he'll probably walk away realizing how stupid he was for getting into this biz.

Will burn edge, of course. But not sure he's sticking around even if he is saved.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1042 on: <09-06-11/0647:34> »

@Sichr: 

If Wagner burns some Edge then I'll make the catch and save happen automatically otherwise since you already used a Complex Action this phase, you can use your next action phase in the next IP to try and catch Wagner.  When your turn comes up this would require a Strength + Reaction (4) test.  If you succeed then you've caught him and grabbed hold of the ladder. 

Exactly my thoughts. Like I said, Ill roll once I got home...

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1043 on: <09-06-11/0716:26> »
@Xzyl:

I understand where you're coming from and I totally respect your decision to make an exit.  I really enjoyed your role-playing style and it's a shame to lose it.  I mean, I kind of set out to make UB just the way it is right now and the goal was that you guys were just gonna start scoring some jobs with bigger players involved and it would rise up a notch in terms of league but as well as in terms of difficulty.  Two pretty bad critical glitches didn't help at all.  With riggers it's tough cuz drones can just be these insane killing machines so the flip-side is that they're pretty damn expensive.   But at the end of the day I'd rather keep UB gritty and build it's reputation as pretty merciless even if maybe some players get kind of discouraged.  At the same time though I'm gonna try my best to sweeten the pot so that surviving such mayhem doesn't go un-rewarded.  70K hole will take some time to get out of if you're not able to drag your drones out to be repaired, but I would still consider the crazy anecdotes you could tell.  Just ask Sichr. 

You've also got some good mechanics skills and you probably can save a lot of money with that too. 

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1044 on: <09-06-11/0719:51> »
@Xzyl:

...  Just ask Sichr. 

I dont know what you are talking about. Just gimmie another shot of milk.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1045 on: <09-06-11/0739:55> »
On the other side, Inca, to keep the game realistic, you really need to think about characters, not players motivations....

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1046 on: <09-06-11/0808:55> »
Hey, like I said, I'm not disliking the setting, just thinking that Wagner kind of got in it with the wrong ideas. That's a character thing, not a player thing. Unlike the others, Wagner does have other options than shadowrunning...
Don't change the darkness and grit.

If I stop with Wagner, I'd still like to ask you to consider letting me join the next game with a different character.
(Another reason I might be letting Wagner go to easily, I've always been wanting to play a mage character and now there's an opening....)

I understand that you're upping the power levels, which is another reason why Wagner will have an even tougher time crawling out of the 70k hole created now. By the time he'll have caught up again (if ever), it'll probably not be enough to face the power levels we'll be facing then.
I also understand that UB wasn't meant to be a real deep roleplaying thing... but it's just stronger than myself :p

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1047 on: <09-06-11/0813:32> »
We all have other options than doing jobs like this :)
But IMO Zach would be the same opinion with me if I say that ...hell...I love this game ;)

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #1048 on: <09-06-11/1000:56> »
Zxy, of course you can make a new guy and start again with us! I won't speak for the others, (though I'm sure I could.) When I say its good having you here rolling with us. If you want to keep playing with a new character, I'd be happy to see you joining us for more. If brick ever ends up dead I was hoping to make a new character and re-join the next run be cause games like this are to me more about the atmosphere than the pay, and that's why I'd keep playing.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1049 on: <09-06-11/1002:06> »
Zxy, of course you can make a new guy and start again with us! I won't speak for the others, (though I'm sure I could.) When I say its good having you here rolling with us. If you want to keep playing with a new character, I'd be happy to see you joining us for more. If brick ever ends up dead I was hoping to make a new character and re-join the next run be cause games like this are to me more about the atmosphere than the pay, and that's why I'd keep playing.

+1