NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #960 on: <08-11-11/1941:56> »
Instead of a full Edge refresh I"ll give everyone back 1 point of Edge.
+
Edge: Zach 1/1, Brick 2/3, Wagner 2/3
=

Awww, you big softy, it's the same thing! ;)
*reads, falls over laughing*
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #961 on: <08-11-11/2121:07> »
Hey man...it's not!  It's not just about what you're trying to say...it's how you say it which makes all the difference  ;)  So don't think for a second that this is an official Edge refresh....not for one second buster!

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #962 on: <08-12-11/0335:37> »
Would you mind terribly telling me how Wagner's doing with the door and if he's managed to reach his car?

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #963 on: <08-12-11/0407:58> »
IMO if there is the vent shaft like this, why we havent used it to get in instead of creeping down the hallways :)

Thanx for the edge...should I leave it for future use? :D

To HELL with that!!!

Are we really leaving like that?
« Last Edit: <08-12-11/0412:34> by Sichr »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #964 on: <08-12-11/1113:23> »
@Wagner:
There's no wireless connection to your car.  The door is shut and you shorted the maglock to make it harder for them to get in.  I guess you could strap yourself to your drones.  I'll say roll a Logic + Strength test to see how strong of a knot you can make.  Well use the hits when need be.  I'll say drone with you on it's back needs to tread more carefully.  For each action phase where it uses a simple action, roll a Pilot + Maneuver (2) test and that will take it 5 meters+nethits.  It will suffer a -2 also to attacks while climbing down. 

@Zach:

You did use the shaft to get in the building....it just doesn't just happen to pop out directly into the email server nexus lol.

@Brick:

Ok, you can rappel without climbing gear but i'll say it's only 10 meters per simple action for the descent and you'll have to make the same Climbing (2) test to make progress.  Net hits above 2 add meters.  If you don't have Climbing then you gotta default.
« Last Edit: <08-12-11/1216:44> by inca1980 »

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #965 on: <08-12-11/1449:14> »
@Brick:

Ok, you can rappel without climbing gear but i'll say it's only 10 meters per simple action for the descent and you'll have to make the same Climbing (2) test to make progress.  Net hits above 2 add meters.  If you don't have Climbing then you gotta default.
Thankfully that won't be a problem omae`
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #966 on: <08-13-11/0432:09> »
Strange, that RAW climbing gear has no visible effect for the game, unless you fall. Well there is a "with the proper equipement" sentence in the climbing/Rappeling, so maybe this is it.

Aha..
There is a table in that section, that says the Assisted Cliumbing gives you a +2 modifier to dicepool. So thats it

Brick...lol...you have thresshold 100 for the test according to that table  ;D

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #967 on: <08-13-11/0436:03> »
Strange, that RAW climbing gear has no visible effect for the game, unless you fall. Well there is a "with the proper equipement" sentence in the climbing/Rappeling, so maybe this is it.

Aha..
There is a table in that section, that says the Assisted Cliumbing gives you a +2 modifier to dicepool. So thats it

Brick...lol...you have thresshold 100 for the test according to that table  ;D
what now? Sorry man, but I'm not understanding your meaning.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #968 on: <08-13-11/0439:47> »
Im a bit sick so maybe I was saying it wrong way...you know, all that dizziness, temperature above normal etc.
There is table in SRA, p132, for climbing.
Therre are dicepool modifiers and thressholds for climbing.
Unasisted climbing down has a thresshold (Distance in meters) :)

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #969 on: <08-13-11/0440:53> »
Im a bit sick so maybe I was saying it wrong way...you know, all that dizziness, temperature above normal etc.
There is table in SRA, p132, for climbing.
Therre are dicepool modifiers and thressholds for climbing.
Unasisted climbing down has a thresshold (Distance in meters) :)
Oh snap! i gotta look that up!

LOL actually it doesn't apply to this as best i can tell.
« Last Edit: <08-13-11/0446:12> by Teyl_Iliar »
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #970 on: <08-13-11/0502:39> »
hope so...maybe it only serves to calculate how long it takes to descend...I cannot imagine anyone rolling handfull of dices again and again until he meets thresshold like this ;D

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #971 on: <08-13-11/0516:45> »
Right, that's why i'm saying that using the ladder it's 5m+nethits/Action phase if you use a simple action on a Climbing (2) test.  On the back of a drone is the same except it's Pilot + Maneuver (2) test.  Rappelling with just rope and no gear is 10m+nethits/Actionphase if you pass  a Climbing (2) test.  With gear it's the same but 20m/Actionphase.  This way we don't have to roll a long extended test. 

Thus if you choose to make progress you still have a simple action to shoot at a -2.  These are all the rules we need to worry about.  If things get hairy like you need to save yourself from a fall we'll address that when we come to it.

@Wagner:

Roll the init that you're gonna use i.e. meat body or VR.  You can roll for your drones too....especially the one carrying you. 
« Last Edit: <08-13-11/0520:13> by inca1980 »

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #972 on: <08-13-11/0541:48> »
He's tied to both drones actually, figuring they can help eachother carry him. Wagner will be in VR. Hanging by some rope over a 100m drop while being physically incapable of helping himself... VR's a much nicer place at this moment.

Edit: Added Init rolls to Wagner's last IC post.
« Last Edit: <08-13-11/0547:09> by Xzylvador »

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #973 on: <08-13-11/0926:48> »
As I told in IC: Would it be possible to find a place +-15 meters from the place we are entering elevator shaft? Firm place where I can stand or sit or whatever and have LOS on the "entry" point? Maybe some construction girder or something???

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #974 on: <08-13-11/0947:41> »
None of us have (thermal) smoke grenades? Would provide some pretty good cover.