NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #945 on: <08-10-11/1357:54> »
yeah, it's about time we got the hell out.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #946 on: <08-10-11/1454:45> »
Should be plenty take out the drone... means Zach's safe, right?

Q: Do drones get the +2 from smartgun or did I waste that money?

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #947 on: <08-10-11/1904:13> »
That's a tough call, because you'd be rerolling 4 dice...to try and get 1 hit.  Versus taking 3P.  I'll say just take the 3P.  Since it was enough to pierce your amor there is a chance of leaving behind blood splatter.  I'll say roll a Logic+ Street Cred (2) test and if you fail it Zach doesn't think of the possibility of leaving behind blood. 

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #948 on: <08-11-11/0358:08> »
That's a tough call, because you'd be rerolling 4 dice...to try and get 1 hit.  Versus taking 3P.  I'll say just take the 3P.  Since it was enough to pierce your amor there is a chance of leaving behind blood splatter.  I'll say roll a Logic+ Street Cred (2) test and if you fail it Zach doesn't think of the possibility of leaving behind blood.

Well if you read some previous runs and the way Zach was working with possible traces, is that roll really necessary? Now, when the corridor is safe there is oportunity for me to check for those blood spills (there is alwas a chance that I miss something, right) and use some cleaning chemicals on them, if I managed to find some. then...gtfo :)

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #949 on: <08-11-11/1157:01> »
@Sichr:  Well you can roll a Security Procedures knowledge skill too to see if you know that detail.  Remember, this is about what kind of stuff your character would know based on the knowledge skills, active skills and runners experience (i.e. karma) ....that's all i was getting at with that roll.  In any case, it's probably a moot point because security is hot on your guys trail right now so scrubbing hallways isn't necessarily the best idea right now so don't even worry about that roll.
« Last Edit: <08-11-11/1208:15> by inca1980 »

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #950 on: <08-11-11/1212:47> »
Point taken. I vote for napalm :)
Intuition(4)+Security Procedures(2)-wound(1) (5d6.hits(5)=2)

I just want to point out that my chameleon is still on, so all they...or my teammmates get is just a blur image.

Also...it would be nice if there is some kind of bandage in the spray in the medkit...just to stop bleeding, not for the first aid or healing. What do you think? I would use it, or if there is nothing like it, I just put on my rappeling gloves and move to the elevator shaft to...rappel?

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #951 on: <08-11-11/1223:33> »
If your chameleon suit is active it would be GLARINGLY obvious that you were bleeding. just saying :P Also, you should prepare that we're doing our best to just GTFO.

my suggestion is that we use the elevator's cables to fast rope down. it'll be a lot faster than the ladder, and won't leave us exposed for long. I know brick is wearing gloves and zach probably is too, if it comes to it wagner can hitch a ride on us down if he doesn't have his own gloves.
« Last Edit: <08-11-11/1242:37> by Teyl_Iliar »
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #952 on: <08-11-11/1239:11> »
I dont argue on that  :), isnt there at least any duct tape to cover those holes? Even in Electronic tool kit?

Is it possible to disable the doors for a while longer with a miniwielder?

Otherwise: Climbing gear on, stealth line, rappeling gloves, GTFO.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #953 on: <08-11-11/1254:01> »
Ok so this is how we're gonna do it.

If you're climbing down the ladder, you can spend 1 simple action per IP to go 5m down the ladder.  You only have to make a climbing test if you get hit and take damage or glitch on some test.   This means you still have a simple to shoot but it's at a -2.  You also can't go past a person who's below you on the ladder.

If you're rappelling to the side of the ladder with climbing gear then it's the same but you must make a Strength + Climbing (2) test each simple you choose to rappel and you go 20 + nethits meters.  You also get a -2 to shooting for an Action phase where you take a rappel action.  At the bottom of the climb you need to make another Strenth + Climbing (2) test and if you fail you take damage as if falling from 4m. 

So let me know who's got gear and who doesn't, then roll intiative and the climb will start.   
« Last Edit: <08-11-11/1310:37> by inca1980 »

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #954 on: <08-11-11/1330:59> »
I've got two doberman drones with gecko grip, they can walk across ceilings... could Wagner strap himself to them and have them do the climbing (just walking for them) instead?

Edit:
Quote from: inca on IC
After a sweaty 5 story climb through a service-elevator shaft, you manage to pry open the massive doors with minimal sound.
5 stories = a 100m decent?
I mean, I get the cinematic effect thing, but when Wagner considered jumping down the shaft earlier (the spirit thing) it was because he thought it was only like 15m or something like that because of what you described...
« Last Edit: <08-11-11/1337:55> by Xzylvador »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #955 on: <08-11-11/1403:41> »
Ya well i didn't tackle the whole jump thing or say if it was doable or not because my post about the beast disappearing came before i could address the actual height.  I just imagined the ventilation shaft being accessed in the deep recesses of the building in like a parking garage so I wasn't sticking to exact 5 stories.  And usually the first floor of fancy offices buildings is pretty freakin high.  So 5 stories + tall-ass lobby+ going into the ground a little bit+ cinetmatics = 100m is what i'm thinking :)

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #956 on: <08-11-11/1731:19> »
Ya well i didn't tackle the whole jump thing or say if it was doable or not because my post about the beast disappearing came before i could address the actual height.  I just imagined the ventilation shaft being accessed in the deep recesses of the building in like a parking garage so I wasn't sticking to exact 5 stories.  And usually the first floor of fancy offices buildings is pretty freakin high.  So 5 stories + tall-ass lobby+ going into the ground a little bit+ cinetmatics = 100m is what i'm thinking :)
100m=300ft /8=37.5 stories. 37 if the lobby is taller than standard building height. when you said 5 stories at first my thoughts were, oh that's 13 meters, no problem to fast rope that out. but 100 meters is a HUGE difference. So that needs to get sorted out. Is it 5 stories or 37 cause one is a lethal fall that would take 5 CT's to do, the other is survivable and wouldn't take more than a CT to do. Also you don't need climbing gear to fast rope. just hands (preferably protected) and feet (wearing boots) you control your decent using your feet and hands to apply pressure to break properly. climbing gear would only help if you made your own rigging line down which would take time to harness and then set and that would take time if it wasn't preset.
« Last Edit: <08-11-11/1744:06> by Teyl_Iliar »
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #957 on: <08-11-11/1821:09> »
If Wagner believes he fried the door's hydraulic system (or believes he can do so by sticking around a bit longer), he'll say so.
If he hasn't yet but thinks by messing with the system a bit longer, he'll stick around to do so.

Security Design 5, Logic 5, 'ware 2 (12d6.hits(5)=3)
That give extra dice or tell him if it's possible or not?

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #958 on: <08-11-11/1842:43> »
It's a long ways down and we'll go with 100m for two main reasons:

1.  I didn't really have to think about how high up you are in the building because I was gonna end the UB once you guys got into the ventilation shaft with the data, so I forgot that I had said 5 stories earlier on, so even though I said that, i'm picturing you guys up in a skyscraper. 

2. I want it to be a height that provides a long enough get-away for a mini UB sub-scenario....UB 5.5 if you will.  This way you can still squeeze some karma out of the whole thing...not as much, but at least some.   

So I don't wanna go back on what I said and change things up, but at the same time I wanna do an escape/rappelling scene and kind of salvage this UB and still make it a scenario of sorts.  So we'll just say that the whole way you got in the sky-scraper in the first place is through some crazy ventilation/utility network that runs so deep people hardly ever consider it or even use it anymore....hence the 100m.   

Instead of a full Edge refresh I"ll give everyone back 1 point of Edge.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #959 on: <08-11-11/1850:51> »
Instead of a full Edge refresh I"ll give everyone back 1 point of Edge.
+
Edge: Zach 1/1, Brick 2/3, Wagner 2/3
=

Awww, you big softy, it's the same thing! ;)