NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #840 on: <07-11-11/1952:44> »
It's a force 10 spirit of beast.  So it can be banished.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #841 on: <07-11-11/2032:28> »
It's a force 10 spirit of beast.  So it can be banished.
It can also flat out kill you if you fail.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #842 on: <07-12-11/0228:30> »
It should be killed. Use enought S`n`S to keep it down...it should be immune to normal weapons, still electricity elemental efect should work..all we need to do is to try. Than Ill use my foci to kill it, and thats all :)

@Inca: Are the alarms still silent?

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #843 on: <07-12-11/0414:46> »
Edited my post, I'm down to 6/11 Stun and 1/3 Edge.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #844 on: <07-12-11/0421:17> »
How scary does this thing look? Enough to warrant a composure check if locked with it inside a small room and prefering to do combat through camera's and drones?
(I'm thinking Wagner's going to collapse and retreat to a happy place eg. inside his own head.)

Was Brick's fire silenced? How much noise have we made so far? Any alarms going?

As for S'n'S, far as I know the only reason it's more effective vs. spirits is because it halves the hardened armor, so you "only" need 10 damage instead of 20 to potentially harm it. But that still means having to make 4 net hits to get to 10S or take aimed shots at negative dice pool mods, but this thing has 12 Reaction to defend against range; that's just the stat, without going full defense or using any of its 10 edge.

Wagner scored 3 hits on his Composure vs. Big Spirit (9d6.hits(5)=3) test, and doesn't know all these metagame numbers, so he'll order his drones to take some aimed shots; but my guess is that after X shots we'll still have done zero damage and be near death. He's smart enough to know that means running is the only way to get out of here.
Releasing bad things into the world isn't really his thing neither, but let's be realistic here; suicide is even less his thing.
« Last Edit: <07-12-11/0656:30> by Xzylvador »

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #845 on: <07-12-11/1258:11> »
ingram smartguns have integral sound suppressors. So yes the fire was silenced.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #846 on: <07-13-11/1534:01> »
Heads-up, will be on holiday next week monday 'til saturday. Probably won't have internet.

Whose turn to act is it anyways?

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #847 on: <07-13-11/1817:46> »
Inca`s? :)

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #848 on: <07-14-11/1158:40> »
I don't really have a chance of surviving this. And I find the whole daemon situation completely improbable, so I'm not willing to argue over something like that again, to be honest. So, no, I don't burn Edge, and I don't really care...
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #849 on: <07-14-11/1218:24> »
Do drones delay if they didn't get orders or do they skip their turn?
When it's Wagner's turn, he'll order them to engage I think, so they'll act then or wait 'til next IP?

Beyond that: Sucks to see that happen Kot. If it's any consolation, I think we're all dead anyway. What's the chances of surviving a leap into the shaft we came in through? (height?)

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #850 on: <07-14-11/1234:50> »
Well, I would say roll a Pilot + Response (2) test.  If it passes then it will know to come to your defense from it's own algorithms. 

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #851 on: <07-14-11/1245:58> »
@Kot:

Well, I wanted to make it a critical glitch that reflected the improbability of your roll.  It's been real fun with Stryker and his development was super fun to watch.  I guess the thing is whatever the hell kind of bad luck that character had really was starting to get scary man.  I mean, 5 scenarios man...and he got pwned from the get go as soon as he comes out the door, except the car one.  This time he got pwned even before he got out the door man!  I think you made the right decision and put the poor little nordic mage out of his misery.  Now he is partying it away with all the wenches he could want up in Valhalla.  I'm sure his teamates will miss him though, I know I will.
Till Ragnarok!!!

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #852 on: <07-14-11/1250:31> »
The glitch was on drain, not summoning. And as such, the only way you could have used it in the spirit of rules was to punish Stryker for it, and him only. This was a stupid death, a dumb idea to exploit a completely non-related critical glitch, and a stupid situation altogether. That, and the castle hating me. Sorry, I stand by my opinion.
Have fun (while it lasts).

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #853 on: <07-14-11/1355:17> »
Dude, a massive critical glitch on a summoning drain resistance I feel definitely could release a free spirit into the world.  It's not like you got hit by a bullet, glitched your damage resistance test and then all of a sudden a free spirit appears....but I feel a GM could totally do that, even if it seems a tad random.  There's even SR4 material which suggest permanently lowering one of your attributes for such CG's, in this case i would be indirectly lowering your Edge by one.  I don't see what you mean by
the only way you could have used it in the spirit of rules was to punish Stryker for it, and him only.

I mean, that's what i ended up doing, but still, maybe i'm ignorant about this, but I don't know what rules you're talking about.

Since this is our first solid Critical Glitch, then let's remember that in the future, I handle glitches with a mishap that's in my opinion as the GM proportional to the massiveness of the glitch or the context of the glitch.  I could maybe understand arguments against making the beast force 10 as being perhaps excessive, but arguments against the story behind the mishap i chose for the critical glitch don't make much sense to me.  SR4 is very vague and purposely leaves a lot up to the GM.  Every once in a while they prescribe the result of glitches, like in extended tests or when using a flamethrower, but they definitely don't say what you can or cannot do with glitches on summoning drain resistance tests. 

I mean, if a rigger seriously critical glitched on a test with one of his drones, I could totally see that drone all of a sudden getting hacked by a punk kid street hacker and commandeered and then the rigger would  have to deal with this.   Critical Glitches of this magnitude are rare though, i wouldn't have that happen on a Critical Glitch with just 3 dice for example. 

If you were walking on a tight rope between two buildings though, i definitely would make a glitch or critical glitch on 3 dice mean a fall though, cuz it's a knife's edge really dangerous situation. 

In the end, I'm happy I didn't let such an awesome roll go by without a cool story behind it.  I don't know why you tried to Banish it....the drain is 2x the number of hits it gets and you'd have to lower his Edge of 10 to 0 with each net hit on your part to banish him.  You should have just casted with your 3 IP's and you would have had a bigger chance of surviving.  Sorry you didn't want to burn edge and keep Stryker alive. 
« Last Edit: <07-14-11/1357:16> by inca1980 »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #854 on: <07-14-11/1404:03> »
A glitch isn't a 'kill and/or maim character' card. And summoning a spirit of Force 10 because of a drain glitch isn't plausible. And I didn't wanted to play that way, sorry. When rules mean nothing at all, I'm standing in the dark, with a grenade in my hand, unsure if it was pinned, or not.

P.S. Feel free to help yourself to any possessions Stryker has. Have fun.