NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #750 on: <05-04-11/1729:19> »
Brick wants to spend some of his money on ammo for the panther, and few other things I'll get the list to you later and attach it to this post.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #751 on: <05-04-11/1837:09> »
Like I said to everyone, Please keep detailed bookkeeping of things such as ammo and all. 

@Brick:
I'm not gonna go back and try to figure out how much ammo you spent.  So I'll just say this:
Panther:
UB1-- I remember you doing 3 bursts = 9 rounds
UB2-- I remember you like 3 bursts = 9 rounds
UB3-- you used up a whole clip = 19 rounds right?
UB4-- 1 burst = 3 rounds

So total = 40 rounds
+1 rocket....but i won't remind you of that, i know it's a painful memory.

We'll just say that's the number regardless of what's in the posts, don't spend time looking back.  In the future if you guys don't want me to hand-wavingly say how much ammo i think you spent (most of the time i'll probably over-estimate it) then please book keep it on your character sheet. 

@Xzylvador:
You used 1 mini-grenade....oh and did you use it well.

@Everyone:
Ok for medkit use....just taking into account usage and time passing before certain chemical compounds lose their potency, we'll say each of you need to buy Medkit supplies for your medkits.

Let's see.....anything else in terms of minute book-keeping....hmmmmm.....Oh, program degredation.

@Xzylvador:
So I assume all your programs are copy-protected and registered to your SIN.  If you ever try to copy one of your programs (i.e. produce another copy and load it onto another device) then you have to crack the copy protection.  From character creation, if you used multiple copies of a single program (i.e. bought Elec. Warfare 3 only once and loaded it on each drone) then it's assumed that you cracked the copy protection.  So for each Doberman for example, did you buy it it's own copy of each program?  If not, then you're gonna have to spend time writing patches for the software cuz it degrades by 1 rating point / month for Hacking and Malware programs, and 1 rating point/ 2 months for all other programs.  So you're autosofts would fall under normal porgrams except for Electronic Warfare.   Copy protected registered software downloads it's own updates and stays cutting edge.

If you do have a cracked program on your hands, then to patch it up it's a Logic+Software(amount degraded, 1 week) for each program.  So we assume about 1 month between UB's for bookkeeping. 

--Another issue too is that even though you didn't deploy your drones....they're were sitting in the back of your van and to deploy them would take a good amount of time.  With a drone rack which is a device that holds them in your van and then deploys them, it takes a Complex Action to deploy them and anywhere from 1 minute to 1 CA to reembark them depending on the rack.  That means that without a drone-rack it would take you I'll say 3 complex actions to deploy a drone cuz it would have to open the door, then climb out and all.   
« Last Edit: <05-04-11/1845:13> by inca1980 »

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #752 on: <05-04-11/1905:20> »
Teyl: "I figure wagner has things he'll need more money on this time around so I'm willing to shave 500 off my share etc etc"
No need for that, he's only down one grenade. Don't think he'll accept the offer anyway. He had too much fun this job. If you treat him like a team member (he doesn't know if this was a one time deal or will be recurring), he might try to fit some metahuman adjustment into the car.

EW: I bought it only once for all my drones. TBH kind of missed/skipped those rules because I was in a hurry to get the char finished, so when the excel sheet said EW had to be bought only once and counted for all drones, I went with that.
It's the only program I only bought once. All the other programs are paid for seperately.

Drones & Deploying: No money left for all that stuff! I figured the dobermans are walkers about as big as a dog and named after one, so doesn't have any more problems entering or leaving a car than a dog and as for fitting, it sits on the backseat or in the trunk, like a dog. Dragonfly is usually gecko-stuck somewhere in the car (usually in the shielded compartment, together with the sniper doberman) and can fly out either through the exit in the bottom of the car or through a opened window or sunroof. The 2 microcrawlers can stick pretty much anywhere. If not on watch duty or such, they're either stuck on Wagner's boots or if he's in the cocoon, they hitch a ride on the drones... like fleas on a dog.

Q about the money: So we earned 2500, but now a couple of months pass? How is it possible to sustain a lifestyle, let alone save some to buy new gear this way? Or am I missing something? (You play with Karma->Nuyen conversion?)

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #753 on: <05-04-11/2032:28> »
@Xzylvador:

Yeah, so for the doberman's and the medium sized drones....if it's like a dog leaving a vehicle, then the whole process of opening the door and the thing crawling out, assuming it's on and ready to go, would take about 10 seconds which seems reasonable....so 3 Complex Actions for the drone....that's like 3 seconds....much faster than one would think.  So we'll just say across the board, 3 CA for no drone rack.  Drone rack just pops it right out in 1 CA.  Of course the micro-drones can just deploy right away, as well as small drones that can fly. 

So for Elec. Warfare you're gonna have to patch it up.  So that'll be a Logic + Software (1, 1 week) test you have to do this month. 

So about money, you can sustain a low lifestyle with that money....and that's working once a a month.  Not a bad job.  Like I said....rich people don't jump in front of bullets....only poor people do.

We just say 1 month lifestyle costs in between UB runs unless someone does something that takes longer than a month.  I know Rigger's are a resource heavy archtype, but then that's balanced out by the fact that you're pretty freakin powerful so I feel it'll keep the balance more if we do it this way.....you already showed in the last run that you're pretty freakin powerful.  Trust me, i've done it before, and there's nothing that breaks an SR game like a cocooned rigger with a lot of resources :)   

At this point you don't have costs except for your lifestyle because you managed to keep your shit out of trouble.  Brick has managed to save a nice little amount of cred so ask him for some pointers.  Trust me man, this game is waaay funner when money is not just flying left and right, that's the biggest realization i've had.....especially when the runs are short and come often.  If it was an epic run that took months and then you got that amount, then it would start getting frustrating....but I feel that UB at this moment is pretty well calibrated at that sweet spot....if i notice it's starting to fall off of that sweet spot, then i'll course correct.   

The way that last run went, all you managed to get was the pay from the gig.....but that's not always gonna be the case.  (BTW, there were two enemies that i built in that car which you never even met).  If you want money you gotta come up with clever ways to get it.  Maybe even start selling shit.  Or buy something and soup it a a bit and sell it for a profit if you got a skill.....that skills gonna be an extended test and if it takes you too long then you start incurring more lifestyle costs.  If you live on the streets....you gotta start using survival skill, and really really watch out cuz you're gear could start getting stolen.  I'm trying to have as much action-reaction....choice-consequence going on here as possible without getting too bogged down.  Play-by-post allows for more of that though, so i wanna take advantages of the PbP format as opposed to table-top.

Like I said from the get-go, if someone doesn't like having adversity fly at their character, then this is not the PbP for them because I really want you guys to play your characters with the mentality...."wow, i'm still alive....thank you Great Ghost...i'm still alive!"  I mean Zach almost totally bit it but narrowly escaped eating pavement going at something like 60 mph.  The whole team basically survived because that mage chick rolled 0 hits on 10 dice.  But  people's luck runs out.  When the resources start coming in like nobodies business, then survivability starts to become almost guaranteed. 

So check it out.  Say 2000 goes to lifestyle....that's rent, food, just plain old living, etc. etc.  Ok you have 500 nuyen left.  So you think that that's pittance.  Ok so let's see what i can get for 500 nuyen.  Well first of all, looking back I see that actually, on that insane roll, you rolled Response + Gunnery for your attack test.  I didn't catch that at the time, but it's supposed to be Sensor + Gunnery.  Your sensor on your van is only 2.  So that should be another -3 to your test.  So the total dice I kill from your roll is -9 dice.....and since that roll is so utterly bad ass, that still leaves you with 8 hits....which is enough to still get the called shot and nothing changes.  So let's see...how much would it be to upgrade to sensor rating 3? 
Well Arsenal pg. 105 says:
Standard Sensor Package:
• Atmosphere Sensor (taking up 1 Capacity)
• 2 Cameras (front and back, taking up 2 Capacity)
• 2 Laser Range Finders (front and back, taking up 2 Capacity)
• 2 Motion Sensors (front and back, taking up 2 Capacity)
• Radar (taking up 5 Capacity)

The sensor rating is the average (round up) of all these sensors.  I'd say in order to function properly and calculate all variables properly they all apply to gunnery (ambient temperature is crucial variable to determine for proper functioning of delicate mechanical and electronic systems).  So they all start out at rating 2 for your van.  Let's add a rating 5 camera.  (2+2+5 + 2x2+2x2+2)/8 = 2.37 ....rounding up...= 3. 

So by spending 500nuyen, you can upgrade your sensor package to a net rating 3.  So now your van has a Sensor attribute of 3.  It costs Brick buttloads of Karma or a ton of cash to raise his agility for attack tests.....you did it for 500 nuyen.  See what i'm saying.  So next time you think something is unfair....first think...how can I make the best of these tough situation....and if it's still really bugging you, IM me and we can talk about it. 

Lol, don't worry, these lectures are part of every UB newb's hazing.  Everyone's had to get a few of these :)
« Last Edit: <05-04-11/2037:40> by inca1980 »

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #754 on: <05-04-11/2129:59> »
*Rabble rabble* back in my day we got screwed on money and got hit by all kinds of killer junk and we liked it! *rabble rabble* damn brats ....  ;p
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #755 on: <05-04-11/2248:07> »
I'm an old 1st edition curmudgeon!

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #756 on: <05-05-11/0251:30> »
lol
Well, sorry 'bout the wrong roll, now you make me feel like a cheater :( Really was an honest mistake.

For the money: Just feels weird that I have to worry I might not be able to afford that single minigrenade I fired. When one of my drones gets busted up, which might happen at any time -and the main reason my 50k car isn't broken is 'cuz the mage had some bad luck- I'll be out of business.

Anyways, I'm in debt for 15k too. With 2K for lifestyle, there's 500Y left, not enough.
So I'll use the last month of lifestyle paid for at chargen and pay 2500Y to the Vory. 1500 interest and 1000 to lower the debt to 14k. I'll be broke and on the street next month.

See, it's just weird that in one month of 'running and risking his life, he's losing money.
Now I know, In Debt is a Neg. Quality, serves me right, but after a run that went about as perfect as can be hoped for (=no damage or expenses to anything or anyone and only thing it cost him was one minigrenade) -- not counting the dead civilian, sorry-- that's pretty painful.

But I'll trust your judgement, we'll see where it goes :)
(Zach, expect company in the gutter and another enemy of the Vory.... At least we'll have massaging car seats instead of cardboard boxes to sleep on)

Q: Writing own software has 1 month intervals... that means it can't be combined with something that has a week interval, right? Can edge that wasn't spent on the run be used to shorten the interval? (optional p 75)
« Last Edit: <05-05-11/0304:20> by Xzylvador »

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #757 on: <05-05-11/0318:01> »
lol
Well, sorry 'bout the wrong roll, now you make me feel like a cheater :( Really was an honest mistake.
Chummer, really don't worry about it. We've all made mistakes here and no one would call you a cheater in anyway other than sarcastically. :D
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #758 on: <05-05-11/0326:01> »
Hmmm... So, I'm the one with 5,5k saved, and no lifestyle. I was thinking of re-making the one I generated before into a more squatter-level one, except for stuff like a garage+workshop and Lodge space. I can spend my cash on that this time, and with a 10% raise for each person that would be 20% for accommodating both Zach and Wagner there. Team lifestyles are both team-bonding and nuyen-saving. :)
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #759 on: <05-05-11/0340:56> »
lol

For the money: Just feels weird that I have to worry I might not be able to afford that single minigrenade I fired. When one of my drones gets busted up, which might happen at any time -and the main reason my 50k car isn't broken is 'cuz the mage had some bad luck- I'll be out of business.

Anyways, I'm in debt for 15k too. With 2K for lifestyle, there's 500Y left, not enough.
So I'll use the last month of lifestyle paid for at chargen and pay 2500Y to the Vory. 1500 interest and 1000 to lower the debt to 14k. I'll be broke and on the street next month.

See, it's just weird that in one month of 'running and risking his life, he's losing money.
Now I know, In Debt is a Neg. Quality, serves me right, but after a run that went about as perfect as can be hoped for (=no damage or expenses to anything or anyone and only thing it cost him was one minigrenade) -- not counting the dead civilian, sorry-- that's pretty painful.

But I'll trust your judgement, we'll see where it goes :)
(Zach, expect company in the gutter and another enemy of the Vory.... At least we'll have massaging car seats instead of cardboard boxes to sleep on)

Q: Writing own software has 1 month intervals... that means it can't be combined with something that has a week interval, right? Can edge that wasn't spent on the run be used to shorten the interval? (optional p 75)

Well your Rover has Amennities High so in fact you dont really need to pay too much for the lifestyle, rations costs 2-5 Y a day...

About that anti-Vory coalition, count me in, and if they came for you, just give me the call and if Im close enought to make a difference, I will come.

And hell, whats wrong about living on the strees ? :)

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #760 on: <05-05-11/0344:49> »
And hell, whats wrong about living on the streets ? :)
About 30 reasons a month. :P
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #761 on: <05-05-11/0436:21> »
Hmmm... So, I'm the one with 5,5k saved, and no lifestyle. I was thinking of re-making the one I generated before into a more squatter-level one, except for stuff like a garage+workshop and Lodge space. I can spend my cash on that this time, and with a 10% raise for each person that would be 20% for accommodating both Zach and Wagner there. Team lifestyles are both team-bonding and nuyen-saving. :)
sounds like a good call to me man. BTW grats on your 1500th post! :D
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #762 on: <05-05-11/0444:11> »
And hell, whats wrong about living on the streets ? :)
About 30 reasons a month. :P
Also, a high amenities car still doesn't come with a shower, we aren't all satisfied washing by scrubbing ourselves with dirt... and Klaudia needs her privacy too you know!

1500 posts? You freak!

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #763 on: <05-05-11/0452:14> »
Why shower, there is whole ocean with warm Sound outthere :)

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #764 on: <05-05-11/0850:29> »
Nah, It's nothing. The 'spammer' threshold is 2500 posts. :P