NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #600 on: <04-29-11/0300:04> »
... I honestly don't know if what I'm trying to do makes much sense. Wagner's got Security Protocols 3 and Security Design 5, so I figure he does.
If not, please tell me what/where I'm doing wrong.
Spoof roll seemed pretty decent. If what I'm trying now worked so far (and is on time, but I'm guessing meat-speed humans aren't always that fast), I think a second spoof to give Zach's bike an all clear would work too?

As for fluff, or the lack thereof: Wagner isn't really the kind of guy who dresses up the matrix into colorful icons and cartoon figures, in fact considers all that an annoying distraction, it's all 1's and 0's, that's all there is to it. Now drones on the other hand...
« Last Edit: <04-29-11/0303:50> by Xzylvador »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #601 on: <04-29-11/0301:27> »
What do you mean by "give Zach's bike an all clear"?

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #602 on: <04-29-11/0301:52> »
Jesus Xy, I fucking owe you one. Sorry about the rookie move on my part guys. I blame my paranoia for that one. :-\
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #603 on: <04-29-11/0303:07> »
Just a remark: Once you track the node, you need to use Analyze it (Matrix perception) to find its Acces ID...but Im not sura about that, you can red something like that in the short story at the beginning of The wireless world chapter in SRA :) (Game, set, match... i thin)

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #604 on: <04-29-11/0304:29> »
... I honestly don't know if what I'm trying to do makes much sense. Wagner's got Security Protocols 3 and Security Design 5, so I figure he does.
If not, please tell me what/where I'm doing wrong.
Spoof roll seemed pretty decent. If what I'm trying now worked so far (and is on time, but I'm guessing meat-speed humans aren't always that fast), I think a second spoof to give Zach's bike an all clear would work too?

As for fluff, or the lack thereof: Wagner isn't really the kind of guy who dresses up the matrix into colorful icons and cartoon figures, in fact considers all that an annoying distraction, it's all 1's and 0's, that's all there is to it. Now drones on the other hand...

Im way behind you and the drone missed me, I suppose. Please dont attract no more attention to me :(

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #605 on: <04-29-11/0305:42> »
If you Spoof a command you need it to spoof an access ID that you know the drone accepts commands from.  It's not like just a "Con"....it's just basically pretending your access ID is someone else's, and the drone will only follow your commands if it accepts commands from that access ID you're pretending to be.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #606 on: <04-29-11/0308:37> »
So are we clear or still under the scope?
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #607 on: <04-29-11/0310:32> »
Well Stryker and Brick need to roll the infil test I called for to not be seen inside the vehicle.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #608 on: <04-29-11/0311:54> »
threshold?
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #609 on: <04-29-11/0312:24> »
The drone rolled a 1 on it's perception test.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #610 on: <04-29-11/0315:33> »
safe. 5 hits total.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #611 on: <04-29-11/0316:06> »
@Sichr "Just a remark: Once you track the node, you need to use Analyze it (Matrix perception) to find its Acces ID...but Im not sura about that, you can red something like that in the short story at the beginning of The wireless world chapter in SRA :) (Game, set, match... i thin)"
Not according to http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=814.0 and SR4A p232 Trace User. I should be able to find an ID from which it takes commands...

With giving Zach's bike the all clear, I mean that if/when the Drone scans Zach, I'll make it believe it scanned it and cleared it.
Again, not sure that's possible, but I'm guessing the drone has a list of vehicles it's supposed to check, marked with either "unchecked", "checked: ok" and "checked: illegal". Wagner's just trying to mark themselves (and possibly Zach too, if he's on the checklist), on the "checked: ok" list.

Being spotted in the vehicle: I thought it was pretty standard for all windows being one-way see through in 2072. Wagner definitely doesn't want people to watch inside.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #612 on: <04-29-11/0330:46> »
what is this drone seeing? ???
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #613 on: <04-29-11/0335:31> »
Maybe it has other sensors than just a camera?
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #614 on: <04-29-11/0342:10> »
Well, the drone is getting a lot of data packets from a bunch of different sources and you have no way of knowing which one is the one giving it commands.  Since you're within mutual signal range of the drone and we're not in combat turns yet, so that i'll assume once you get a list of all wireless traffic to and from the drone you're able to search through it rather quickly and find the traffic which is sending commands and grab it's access ID. 
Roll an Elec War + Sniffer (3) to capture wireless traffic and then if you pass this test, since the time frame is a little open we'll just assume you have gotton the access ID of the node sending commands and then we'll use the Spoof Command roll you made and i'll just roll Pilot + Firewall.

You don't necessarily need trace because all you need is the Access ID of the persona/agent that's sending the drone commands...not necessarily what node that persona/agent is working out of.