NEWS

[ICC] 5e London Falling

  • 72 Replies
  • 13302 Views

biotech66

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 382
    • Throat Punch Games
« Reply #60 on: <03-24-15/2221:32> »
Scene A
The speaker looks over the cigars with some interest, but a "helpfull" aid gives him a warning glance.  Ah, I'm sorry i can't indulge right know.  You know it's always an election year, and you can never be too careful!  At this a chorus of laughter erupts around him.  It's fake and trite, but its politics as usual.  Seeing that he can't walk away with you, he still asks So while I can't do that, how can I help sir?  I'd always love to help people when I can!

In the matrix the speaker glows like a candle.  He and his aids are givng out ARO's like their going out of style.  All say the same thing VOTE FOR ME!{/B] with a giant smiling face of the speaker running through his campaign promises.  He does have his PAN running. His aids also have their PANs active as well

Outside of the Matrix, no one is paying you to much mind.  You might not be from this crowd, but you're playing ball and you haven't made someone shoot you yet, so no one cares.

Scene B

While the beat patrols do look at your side ways, none really care that you're there.  You're sin passes just fine and the new addition from Mr. Johnson also does the added trick of keeping everyone away from you giving you a mostly free pass around London tonight.
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

Triskavanski

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 2248
    • Triskavanski's house Rules
« Reply #61 on: <03-25-15/0107:55> »
Bill paces back and forth, groaning. The party has been going on forever! Or at least it felt like that to the centaur. "Well maybe no one would mind too much If I just.. went in for a quick moment?" he pondered, before nodding. "Yes. of course thats what I'll do, just move in quick and quietly."

And with that he began to move towards the doors of the party, to hopefully get some of the food items within and not make too big of a scene. There wasn't anyone to stop him now after all..
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5107
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #62 on: <03-25-15/1319:05> »
Ah, absolutely! Well i was quite interested in a piece of legislature that is going before the house, the one regarding the Underplex.
I was wondering if I could get your thoughts on the piece, whether it looks strong enough to pass or whether there are any glaring holes in the proposition?

[spoiler]cha 6, etiquette 6, first impression 2, clothing 2, pheromones 1: 17d6t5 2 bleh, shite roll. edge for failures:
edge re-rolls: 15d6t5 3 still not great but takes me to 5 hits for etiquette.
Negotiation if needed:
negotiate: 17d6t5 4 4 hits[/spoiler]
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

biotech66

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 382
    • Throat Punch Games
« Reply #63 on: <03-25-15/2215:44> »
Scene B to A
Bill walks up the the shining land on the hill.  Men and women first move to stop him, stare blankly at him, and then let him pass  and even smile as the do so.  You've got a golden ticket, so why not spend it!

Back in the press of Scene A
Back in the inter circle, the speaker listens carefully about what you are saying, and then says Ah yes, It's great to see the nice citizens and not-citizens interested in politics!  Why if there were more people like yourself were interested in politics the world wouldn't be in the state it is!  If we put forward in post-haste that which has yet to be tested, like this bill, under pressure of time, I wonder if we are moving down a path from which backtracking would be impossible, imprudent or quite frankly, embarrassing.  I for on will not let us fall from grace that easily, my good sir, not so easily.  Great to have your interest in politics!  He is then swallowed up by the press of hangers on as his group moves to another area of the ball.  You can tell from what he said, he said absolutely bull drek.  He is a politician through and through, and honestly he might not even know what bill you were talking about without waving the money he got to vote one way or another under his nose.  As he leaves, one of his aids throws a "VOTE FOR HUGHES" ARO on your matrix persona and then leaves.
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

biotech66

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 382
    • Throat Punch Games
« Reply #64 on: <04-03-15/0943:11> »
You look around the room, and do see the transportation minister on hand.  She's surrounded by a ton of fawners just like the rest.  Among them are the Renraku people as well as some Renraku reps scattered among some of the different groups making sure to make the right appearances.  Who would you like to talk to first?
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

biotech66

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 382
    • Throat Punch Games
« Reply #65 on: <04-08-15/2240:57> »
You make your way to a sniveling elven women who is the transportation minister.  She's the height of aristocratic posh in a strange hat with an overly expensive dress.  She looks as you and says with the strongest British accent you've heard all day How do you do?
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5107
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #66 on: <04-09-15/0458:33> »
Mick bowed respectfully and greeted her with a smile and the usual pleasantries.
Very well thank you, are you enjoying your evening? May I introduce my colleague, Ms Lovelace?
[spoiler]Etiquette : 17d6t5 12 think my limit is about 11 so might lose a hit here.[/spoiler]
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

biotech66

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 382
    • Throat Punch Games
« Reply #67 on: <04-13-15/2302:26> »
In the poshest, most aristocratic voice you've ever heard Well, it's good to see you here!  We don't often get different invited guests!  I see you're hear for the big vote.  It's close now, but without the last minute, last vote, I think it will fail as its a tie now with the Speaker making a tie decisions and he's already voted no once....
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5107
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #68 on: <04-15-15/1244:08> »
Yes, the other attendees had said the same, It must get a little stale seeing the same faces at every function?
As for the vote, yes that is our interest. I don't suppose you know how our last minute voter voted last time do you?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

biotech66

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 382
    • Throat Punch Games
« Reply #69 on: <04-20-15/2327:51> »
The minister thinks for a minute or she's staring into AR  The last vote hasn't been cast yet.  I honestly don't know how Lord Helling will vote on this issue...
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #70 on: <04-25-15/0645:04> »
Lady Tanya Marisart emerges from the limo at the hotel hosting the Lobbyists Ball, exposing just the right amount of expensively sheathed leg.  Her exquisitely tailored Nightshade gown and shawl accentuate her figure as she waits for her escort to join her.  She walks up the red carpet as if she owns it, waving to the paparazzi, not flinching from the trid feeds but ignoring all calls to verify the rumors that she has been getting very close to her date of the evening, the handsome George Landon, son of the MP from Brixton.  At the door, she waits patiently as her current boy toy presents the engraved invitations and they are passed on to the officials guarding the entrance to the Lobbyists Ball.

She grabs a drink from a passing waiter’s tray and sips at it as she looks around the lavishly decorated room.  Seeing George Landon, Senior standing near one of the groups apparently fawning over one of the politicos, she nudges her partner.  “Look, George, I see your father.  I thought that he was ill and was going to have to miss the ball.  And he has your dear step-mum with him.  Whatever else you want to say about her, at least she can wear a posh frock well."  The pair move among the party attendees with practiced grace and ease, stopping to chat with one person or another.  Tanya knows that George is there to be seen, but she is scanning the people, looking for the odd bit of jewelry or protruding wallet that could mean the difference between eating for the next week at Chez Paris or soy burgers at Chez street-side-café.  Thinking of food elicits a small noise.  Turning to George she says, "Could you be a dear and scare us up some snacks?  I am going over to talk with Uncle Gregory.  He seems to be trapped by that dreary Lady Golder.  She is probably chatting him up about her Pomeranians and I am sure he needs a rescue.  I am going to ask him for an introduction to the Transport Minister, so you will probably find me there.”

As George heads off to locate the snack tables, Tanya glides over to her uncle and deftly slips an arm into the crook of his.  She waits a bit so as not to be too rude then slips into a space in the flow of the conversation.  “Lady Golder!  How nice to see you.  It has been too long since we have had lunch and we really must do that again sometime.  I am fascinated by Pomeranians.  For now, though, I have seen some people I would really like to meet and I need Uncle to make the introductions.  I hope that you can spare him.  Ta.”  She takes her uncle by the arm and leads him out of the immediate area of Lady Golder.

Gregory Murdoch pats Tanya on the arm and says, “Thank you, my dear.  I think that I might have done something horrid if I had to listen to any more about those bloody dogs of hers.  So, what will this rescue cost me?”

Tanya laughs without blushing, “Why, Uncle, you know me so well.  I can always use more money.  You know how Cousin Jeremy is so stingy with it, and it is mine, after all." 

Sir Gregory laughs and gives her rather expensive and expertly tailored frock a mocking glance, "What a shame you are kept on such a tight leash.  I will have a word with the Viscount and see about getting you an increase.  In the meantime I could perhaps see my way to sparing you some little amount for saving me from a fate worse than death.  I will shift something into your account in the morning.  Now, are you not escorted for the evening?  I had thought you to be accompanied of late by that rather tiresome young man, George something-or-other, isn't it?" 

Tanya waives her hand absently.  "Oh, yes.  George is about somewhere.  And you know rather well that his last name is Landon.  Just because you think his father is an ass of a MP is no reason to belittle the son.  But, sadly, you are all too right about him becoming a bit tiresome.  I really cannot fathom why I seem to attract men like George Landon, Junior.  His father is so besotted with his new trophy wife and older son that he barely gives a thought, or any real amount of money, to George.  The poor man's allowance is less then mine and we both know that borders on being scandalously close to the poverty level.  He is nice to look at but leaves something to desire in the brains department and he hasn’t a bean.  Poor sod.  I sent him after snacks, but knowing him, he has been distracted by a low-cut frock showing a great deal of décolletage.  Oh well, it is about time I gave him the boot and looked for something else to play with.”

Sir Gregory pats his niece on the arm and says, “You could let me arrange someone to keep you.”

Tanya's gives a rather pleasant laugh in response.  “Not a chance.  We tried that once, remember?  Your idea of someone to care for me was almost 80.  He might not have lasted the honeymoon and his family would have contested him settling any money on me.  No, I will struggle through on my own in that department, thank you very much, although I would never say no to some extra credits showing up in my account.  But if you won’t open your wallet, maybe you can do a pair of teensy favors for your favorite niece.  You remember Carly Bright?  The singer?  She is trying to get some attention buzzed about for her next show and I was thinking that you could send some of your ace reporters out to interview her and make her look good.  She is my best friend in the world and I would so like to see her succeed.”

"Secondly, I was wondering if you could get me introduced to the Transportation Minister over there?  She is a prime example of why men should be allowed to by clothes for women.  That frock screams money, but it is oh so very wrong on her and that hat would be better saved for the Ascot season.  But I am interested in her.  I know that you know her from way back so please introduce me.”

The media mogul laughs.  "From what I have seen of your friend, she needs precious little extra buzz from me.  However, I do like her spirit, if not her music, and will send two of my best to interview her on the morrow.  Satisfied?  With that he takes Tanya to where the Transportation Minister is standing.  She is surrounded by some Renraku strap hangers and a couple of other fawners.  The necklace at the woman’s throat has caught Tanya’s eye and she wants to get a closer look.  As they walk up to her, she hears someone asking about the vote on the transportation bill.  She takes the time while waiting for an introduction to look at the piece of jewelry and nods; this could keep her in necessities for a while if she can get it.  She listens politely to the side conversation and starts planning how she can best separate the pricey trinket from its owner.
« Last Edit: <04-28-15/0242:01> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

biotech66

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 382
    • Throat Punch Games
« Reply #71 on: <04-28-15/1534:13> »
Heads turn as you enter, but you're not completely out of place.  This place is full of some very pretty people as well as some very powerful people.  It's good to see a combination of the two.
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #72 on: <04-29-15/0024:40> »
Tanya stands near the Transport Minister with her Uncle, waiting for a break in the conversation to wrangle an introduction.  The people near her seem to be concerned about the passage of the huge transportation bill and how the vote is expected to go.  The two people who seem to be asking the questions are out of place and that sends a warning through Tanya's mind.  She steps back to get a better view, taking in the clothes and the manner.  The man is clearly accustomed to working the elite but the woman he is with is less so.  Their clothes, while posh, are not exactly what is called for here.  No, these people are not meant to be here, but they must have invites or they would not have gotten this far.

Tanya's imagination springs to the idea that they are after the necklace at the Minister's throat.  They studiously keep from looking at it, almost too carefully, further reinforcing her opinion.  Turning her head she speaks softly to her uncle, "You have been a dear, Uncle Gregory, really.  I actually think I can take it from here." 

The media giant squeezes her arm and nods.  "Very well, dear.  Please try to stay out of trouble."

Tanya nods, thinking *And where would the fun be in that, dear Uncle?  No, I am decidedly thinking of the trouble I can get into.*  As Sir Gregory moves away, Tanya concentrates on the pair near her.  They seem to be about to wrap up their conversation with the Minister.  She has to admire their cool attitude.  Just so much and no more is just right.  It could be possible to compare notes and work together, but she would have to make the approach just right.  She moves back another step so as to be outside of the social radius of the Minister and waits for the pair to move on.

When they do, she approaches them, speaking to the man first.  "Excuse me, but do I know you from somewhere?  I was sure of it a minute ago when I saw you with the Transportation Minister, but now I am not sure."  She holds out a hand, now looking at both of them.  "Lady Tanya Marisart.  How do you do?  Do you think I could have a private word or two?
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>