NEWS

[IC] Urban Brawl -- 2nd scenario (finished)

• 55 Replies

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« on: <01-19-11/1820:28> »
After a few weeks of unwinding and doing a small milk-run here and there, the shadowy Johnson for the Tabby run contacts you both.  He says that he is very sorry that it turned out to be a lot more complicated than what it was worth, and he is very grateful and would like to reward you with the sum of 5000 nuyen to be divided among both of you.  But there's a catch.  He was very impressed with your reliability and resourcefulness and he feels that it is only fitting that you be the runners responsible for exacting vengeance on those who almost blew Tabby, the team, and maybe even the docks half-way to kingdom come.  He wants you to simply kill the man responsible, and then get the hell out, and if you can do that, the 5000 nuyen is yours.  It feels a little cheap for some wet works, but you don't got a rep yet and the jobs aren't exactly pouring in. .......

The run has gone exactly as planned so far.  Brick managed to jam the scanners at the entrance to the night-club, and you all got your gear in.  In order to get close to the target though, Brick had to take up a position near the dance floor in the seating area just waiting for confirmation.  Stryker has left his guns with Brick and he managed to pass a personal patdown to have a meeting with the target up in his VIP booth.  Here's the layout:

The night club is quite full with people almost everywhere you look.  The target's name is Vicelli, the owner of this night club which is called "Regalia".  He's got a bodyguard who's inside the VIP booth in front of the closed door.  Vicelli is sitting in his lounging chair looking out onto the crowd through a big window.  Stryker is on a couch to his side trying to make some small talk but it will soon become apparent that he has no real business to talk about and Vicelli will get suspicious. 

Brick cannot see through the tinted glass of the lounge window.  You guys do have communication through subvocal mics though.  The only body guard you know of is the one in the VIP lounge, but there could be more among the club-goers but it's hard to see who's a guard and who's not. 

The VIP lounge and private rooms are all part of an upstairs hallway which is about 5m above the dance floor.  The only stairs to access this upstairs hallway are indicated.

Your objective is to kill Vicelli, and get out.  Once you leave into the coat-check room I'll say you're home free and a Rigger named Servo is waiting outside with a get-away car. 

Action!
« Last Edit: <03-31-11/2317:19> by inca1980 »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #1 on: <01-19-11/2019:27> »
Stryker doesn't feel that he can stall the target any longer, and he's not going to make Brick do the dirty job for him, as the last time. His two ethereal companions linger on the Otherside, awaiting his requests. This time he sensed more respect in their attitude, even if they were more reluctant to answer his calls. Both silvery shapes - a sleek, female one, fluttering with wings made of thousand bass notes, and a tall, intimidating figure made of dark smoke, and sporting all metahuman features Stryker could think of - were also very understanding. The Eternal Ones found his desire for Vengeance honorable, as did the dark figure he managed to notice among the crowd a few times...
"It's time to earn Her respect. It's time to act." He thought, and over the shining threads of his mental link with both Spirits he sent a warning, following a signal through the subvocal mic. He's making a move. He asked the sleeker of his allies to befuddle the guard, as he stood up slowly, muttering something about the VIP definitely not being interested in magical security, and that he won't take any more of his precious time... This was the cue, and the sleek female-shaped Spirit put both of her hands to the guard's head, forcing him to open the door.
Influence power: Magic(4)+Charisma(4) (8d6.hits(5)=3)
Stryker then turns his head to the target, ignoring his face, features, everything. He dissolves the threads that fuel his defensive spell to gather all of his strength...
{OOC: Casting Powerbolt at Force 8, with 5P DV
Powerbolt at Force 8: Magic(4)+Spellcasting(5)+Spec(2)+Mentor(+2)+Edge(3) (16d6.hitsopen(5,6)=4), final DV is 8+4=12
5P Drain: Willpower(5)+Intuition(5)+Edge(3) (13d6.hitsopen(5,6)=5), no damage}
The rush of Mana not flowing, but tearing through his body is excruciating. But his Will is like made of solid Orichalcum. Unwavering. And the Magic, pushed to the limits of his Body, Mind and Soul turns into a powerful bolt, that strikes Vicelly with all of it's might. And Stryker comes out of it without even a shot vein in his eye. Before the magic reaches it's target he sends a mental message to the other spirit, pointing his thoughts at the guard. "Show him the terror of Smoke and Mirrors. Make him know Fear itself."
Fear power: Willpower(4)+Magic(4) (8d6.hits(5)=1)
Then he looks at his target with eyes cold as the void, expecting to find him dead, or dying. And his arms move slightly to the tune of his humming, as he casts another spell...
Invisibility at Force 4: Magic(4)+Spellcasting(5) (9d6.hits(5)=4)
3S Drain: Willpower(5)+Intuition(5) (10d6.hits(5)=4)
...and vanishes into thin air, without a sound.
« Last Edit: <01-19-11/2047:29> by Kot »
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #2 on: <01-19-11/2106:07> »
Brick sits at a table keeping his eyes on the shifting masses of people inside, waiting on any sign from Styker that something's happening, wrong or otherwise.

(OOC:Brick is holding any action, and watching for a surprise.)
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <01-19-11/2253:43> »
@Stryker
[OOC: Ok, hold up a little, where are your rolls for summoning the spirits, cuz you need to take the drain and that will be what your damage meter is at.  We'll just say that sunset was only a few hours ago and you haven't been able to rest.   Also not sure what kind of spirits they all are.  We need to roll initiative and you should also do a surprise roll for Vicelli, you make it at a +6 since it's an ambush.  The guard definitely sees the powerbolt and the spirits materialize, but we'll roll surprise for Vicelli.  I'll roll perception for Vicelli to see if he gets a +3 on his surprise roll.  Vicelli Perception Int 5 + Perc 4 distracted -2 = 7 (7d6.hits(5)=2).  That's enough to give him a +3 to surprise roll:Vicelli Surprise Init 8 + 3 = 11 (11d6.hits(5)=1)→ [2,1,2,1,4,4,1,5,3,3,1] = (1).  
Vicelli's Init 8= (8d6.hits(5)=5)→ [6,2,1,6,6,4,6,5] = (5).

Now rolling for spirits in Lounge, i'm assuming they're spirits of man:
Spirits of Man Init 4x2+2 = (10d6.hits(5)=5, 10d6.hits(5)=5).  
Surprise roll: Spirits of Man surprise roll 4x2+2 + 3 = (10d6.hits(5)=4, 10d6.hits(5)=4)

Guard's roll: Guard's init 8 = (8d6.hits(5)=4)

Summerizing we have so far:
CT1, IP1: Spirit1-15, Spirit2-15, Vicelli-14, Guard-12

If you roll a surprise roll higher than 1, then you got the surprise on Vicelli and he can't attack you or defend against you on first IP (he still gets magic resistance for direct spells).  

You look at the guard, his big troll body in a fashionable suit covers the whole door.  Vicelli keeps on listening to you as you blabber on about none-sense and as soon as you see that the dwarf is lost in thought, you make your move!

@Brick:
[OOC: also roll initiative, roll a perception test as well to see if you notice anyone in the crowd. ]

You keep on scanning the crowd trying to see who's just there to dance, or who in the crowd might cause trouble.  
« Last Edit: <01-19-11/2304:18> by inca1980 »

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <01-19-11/2312:09> »
(OOC: Brick's initiative: (8d6.hits(5)=1) and perception. (7d6.hits(5)=3) If the perception test is not visual then subtract my last 3 dice.)
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #5 on: <01-20-11/0512:48> »
{OOC: Stryker's Surprise Initiative roll: Reaction(3)+Intuition(5)+Ambush(6) (14d6.hits(5)=5)
His rolls for Summoning are in the OC thread. Only 1S damage from summoning drain, so I assumed he had more than an hour of time after summoning to rest and heal it.
The rest of my declarations stay as stated - Powerbolt, then Invisibility, no matter what happens.
Initiative roll: Initiative( 8 ) (8d6.hits(5)=2), Initiative=10 }

{Health: 0 / 10P and 0 / 11S damage, NO Wound penalty, -2 Sustaining penalty} | {Edge: 1 / 3}
{Defense: 3; Initiative: 8; IP's: 1} | {Ballistic Armor: 6; Impact Armor: 6} | {Sustained spells: Invisibility F4.}
{Spirits: F4 Man with Fear and 1 service, F4 Man with Movement and 2 services.}
« Last Edit: <01-20-11/1800:59> by Kot »
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <01-20-11/1844:01> »
Initiative Update: CT1, IP1: Spirit1-15, Spirit2-15, Vicelli-14, Guard-12, Stryker-10, Brick-9 (Everyone surprises Vicelli)
Wounds: Stryker{1S}

@Stryker
[OOC: You forgot to put the sustaining penalty in your roll, but I looked at your roll list and for both surprise and init the -2 didn't kill any hits.
Guard will use Edge on roll: Guard's Willpower test + Edge 2 = (5d6.hitsopen(5,6)=3).  Resisted.  Since you mentioned the female one first i'm going to say that that's the first one you summoned since you didn't say it explicitly.  That means her 1 service is used up.]

As the Mana starts to crackle in your palms as you stand up looking straight at Vicelli and as quick as lighting the troll guard with a shaved head and horns filed to two stubs reaches into his jacket.  The fluttering silvery female figure places her hands on his temples and closes her eyes...and you see the troll straining against her powers.  He finally gives his head a massive shake which sends the silvery female flying a few meters away.  He pulls out a massive Ares Predator with a silencer on it and fires a shot directly at you!

[OOC:Quick draw  Quickdraw: Reaction 5 + Pistols 4 = (3) (9d6.hits(5)=0).  So it takes simple to remove weapon.  Simple Action to shoot: Guard's attack Agil 3 + Pistols 4 = (7d6.hits(5)=4)→ [6,4,3,3,5,6,5] = (4).  Forgot smartlinkSMartlink 2 = (2d6.hits(5)=0).  He saves his free action.  Remember the +2 from Combat Sense, cuz it's +4 and -2 for sustaining penalty.  So that's gonna be a base damage of 6P with explosive rounds +4 hits and with AP -1.  The only action i'll say you're locked into doing is powerbolt.  But you only have 1 IP anyways, so invis. would have to wait till next turn, but you can change that action.]

Initiative Update: CT1, IP1: Spirit2-15, Vicelli-14, Guard-12, Stryker-10, Brick-9 (Everyone surprises Vicelli)
Wounds: Stryker{1S}

« Last Edit: <01-21-11/1359:13> by inca1980 »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #7 on: <01-20-11/2020:10> »
Stryker desperately tries to get out of the guard's sight, but his efforts barely make any difference. The bullet hits his chest with a cracking sound, as it's core penetrates the Urban Explorer Jumpsuit. He doesn't even blink once. He let's his momentum take him down to the floor and behind the couch he was sitting on.
Defense: Reaction(3) (3d6.hits(5)=2)
8P Soak: Body(3)+Armor(6)-1 (8d6.hits(5)=4) Stryker takes 4P damage, and he's at -1 wound modifier.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <01-21-11/0001:08> »
@Stryker:
[OOC: you forgot the +2 from combat sense dude, i'll roll it strykers combat sense = (2d6.hits(5)=2) so you only take 2P damage.

I subtracted sustaining modifier from powerbolt cast but it doesn't affect anything.

Since the bullet made you land behind the couch on the floor you might have broken LOS with Vicelli.  I'll let you roll a Spellcasting + Reaction + Wound modifier (3) test to see if you're able to get the spell off before you fall out of LOS.  If you are able to succeed at this, then here's Vicelli's resistance roll.  Otherwise you'll have to wait until next CT or use a simple to get up (Body + Will + wound (2) test) and you have simple left to do something else.  

Vicelli resists Powerbolt F8: Body 3 = (3d6.hits(5)=1)

I do use the rule pg. 204 SR4A that each die added to the damage of a direct spell adds 1 DV to drain.  So i'll let you decide how many hits you want to add to the Powerbolt DV and then you take that much physical damage since you already resisted 5P.  You still have a free action]

Initiative Update: CT1, IP1: Spirit1-15, Spirit2-15, Vicelli-14, Guard-12, Stryker-10, Brick-9
Wounds: Stryker{1S,2P}

« Last Edit: <01-21-11/0017:44> by inca1980 »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #9 on: <01-21-11/0737:30> »
A little OOC:
[OOC: you forgot the +2 from combat sense dude (...)[/color]
I did drop it. But let's just avoid further confusion, and re-rolling and say i didn't. It's still in my favor so i won't argue. :)
If you check OOC, and watch Stryker's position, he shouldn't break LoS, because he lands behind the coach, opposite of the guard - who was by the door. The idea was to get out of his LoS to dissappear in the next round with Invisibility.
I will roll anyway, if you wish: Spellcasting(5)+Reaction(3) (8d6.hits(5)=2) Forgot about the -2 modifier, but that doesn't change anything.
As for the Powebolt, let's say i was hoping for a better situation, and with the guard on me I'd like to cut on the Drain. Normal damage i can Heal, so let's say i'll lower the DV to 8, which i can take without damage. Didn't know about the rule. If I did, I would do things differently.
There seems to be a slight confusion with the spirits, so i'll try to clarify it. Spirit 1 has Fear and 1 service. Spirit 2 has Movement and 2 services. Spirit 2 was assigned to Influence the guard to open door, and Spirit 1 was assigned to Fear the guard to take him out. So, Spirit 1 is gone, as he used up his only service.
Anyway, I'm adding the map fragment with my view on Stryker's position, but it's still up to you.

IC: Stryker clenched his teeth, trying to keep out of the troll's sight, and don't loose his target. He felt the spell roar with power, and had to let it loose a big portion of it's might, as he can't really afford to get hurt now. Damn you, Murphy... He had only a moment of time to send Brick an update. "Trouble. Stay low." He feels the spell he somehow didn't manage to drop fueling itself through his body, numbing his mind. He's in trouble. But he's used to it by now. And he's not going to let his vengeance go...

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <01-21-11/1602:15> »
Initiative Update: CT1, IP1: Spirit1-15, Spirit2-15, Vicelli-14, Guard-12, Stryker-10, Brick-9
Wounds: Stryker{1S,2P}

[OOC: Male spirit (spirit2 we have to call him now...even though you summoned him first in OOC) uses Fear power and got 1 hit.  Guard resists Fear: Will 3 + Edge 2 = (5d6.hitsopen(5,6)=2)→ [2,1,[6, 2],[6, 1],4] = (2), he resists.].  

@Stryker:  
Your other spirit gazes at the troll and again you see the huge hulk in a suit start to strain and beads of sweat start to roll down his temples.  This guy definitely looks well experienced in sixth-world security.  You feel the magical link with Vicelli sever as soon as you fall backwards behind the couch.  
[OOC: you got a full action-phase left.  You're prone so you need to succeed in a Body + Will + Wound (2) to get up.]

« Last Edit: <01-21-11/2310:08> by inca1980 »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #11 on: <01-23-11/1439:36> »
Stryker thinks quickly. Half of the plan went bad. Half of it will do so soon. He needs to disappear from the troll's sight. And he knows just how to do that. He focuses, as much as he can, and lets the Mana flow through and around him in waves, warping light to make it appear like he's not there.
Improved Invisibility at F4: Magic(4)+Spellcasting(5)-Sustaining(2) (7d6.hits(5)=3)
3S Drain: Willpower(5)+Intuition(5) (10d6.hits(5)=0) Damn. But no glitch either.

{Health: 2 / 10P and 4 / 11S damage, -1 Wound penalty, -4 Sustaining penalty} | {Edge: 1 / 3}
{Defense: 3; Initiative: 8; IP's: 1} | {Ballistic Armor: 6; Impact Armor: 6} | {Sustained spells: Combat Sense F4, Invisibility F4.}
{Spirits: F4 Man with Movement and 1 service.}
« Last Edit: <01-25-11/0203:51> by Kot »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <01-23-11/1901:32> »
@Stryker:
[OOC:  You hope that they won't be able to see you now. You have a free action held that you can take at any moment...telling something to Brick subvocally would be a free action.  Bricks turn.]

@Brick:
[OOC: Make a composure test (3) and if you fail it you have to go intervene, otherwise you stay put.]

You look to you're left toward the stairway to the VIP hallway.  Two impeccably dressed orks are guarding it.

Wounds: Stryker{1S,2P,3S}

« Last Edit: <01-24-11/1938:26> by inca1980 »

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <01-24-11/2031:42> »
"Trouble. Stay low."
Brick hears styker's voice over the link, but can't shake the feeling that things are going worse than the kid is letting on. (OOC:(5d6.hits(5)=1)) Brick Grits his teeth, stands from the table, and starts walking toward the VIP entrance stairs. As he approaches the toughs at the door he fishes out a couple of certified credsticks and plams them. "Gentlemen, I know I'm not on your list to go up, but I have business with one of your guests upstairs, All I need to go up stairs and deliver something to him on."

(OOC: (3d6.hits(5)=0) brick is going to try and bribe the security at the VIP entrance to let him up without a fight, and is putting up 1000 nuyen for the bribe. if they say no i'm not passing them the money, of they take the money and tell me to fuck off that's not going to end well for anyone. Con roll to get into the VIP +2 for the bribe (6d6.hits(5)=1) Also my turn is now over.)
« Last Edit: <01-25-11/1444:16> by Teyl_Iliar »
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <01-25-11/1803:08> »
@Brick:
[OOC: Rolling initiative for the guards, O1 & O2:Initiative for ork guards: (8d6.hits(5)=1, 8d6.hits(5)=1).

Guard resist Con: Con 2 + Cha 2 = (4d6.hits(5)=1).  They resist but you get to keep your money.]

The ork guard continues to pick his tusk with a tooth-pick and as you hand the credstick over to him, his partner stops your hand looks you in the eye and shakes his head.  "If you's not on the list, then you can't come up.  Give us the package and we'll make sure he gets it."  

Initiative Update: CT1, IP2: Spirit1-15, Spirit2-15, Vicelli-14, Guard1-12, Stryker-10, Brick-9, Ork1-9, Ork2-9

*Italics means that that person has no more IP's.

@Stryker:
You see your hands and the rest of your body take on a translucent texture to it.  Since you are behind the couch, the troll at the door can't see you so you don't know if your invisibility is potent enough to fool him or Vicelli yet.  All of a sudden you see the couch pull away and the troll with one hand has grabbed it and shoved it aside and he's looking directly at you.  

[OOC: Guard1: Simple action to shove couch,  Guard resist roll for invis: (3d6.hits(5)=2).]

He blinks all of as sudden and his eyebrows furrow in a look of intense confusion which turns immediately into rage.  You breathe a short sigh of relief as you notice that the invisibility spell is holding but then start to move as soon as you see he is firing blindly into your general dirction.

[OOC: Guard1 fires: Intuition 3 + Pistols 4 + Blindfire -6 = (1d6.hits(5)=0), second shot: Guard1 fires again: Intuition 3 + Pistols 4 + Blindfire -6 + recoil -1 = 0.  You're spirits await orders which you can give on your next actionphase.  It's Brick's turn. ]

The bullets land into the wood of the bar behind you and you scramble so that the woodchips don't give away you're locations.  Vicelli is completely caught off guard and he only looks on with his mouth agape as the scene unfolds.

Initiative Update: CT1, IP2: Spirit1-15, Spirit2-15, Vicelli-14, Guard1-12, Stryker-10, Brick-9, Ork1-9, Ork2-9

« Last Edit: <01-25-11/1805:24> by inca1980 »