NEWS

[ICC] 5e London Falling

  • 72 Replies
  • 13244 Views

biotech66

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 382
    • Throat Punch Games
« Reply #45 on: <03-03-15/2150:08> »
Speaker Addison Hughes is mingling among the different groups.  He out in the open making conversation as he moves between the different groups. 

Ms .Elwes is kind of a wall flower.  She's here, but she doesn't have the crowds that most people are attracting.
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5107
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #46 on: <03-04-15/0515:33> »
Mick leant in to lovelaces' personal space, whispering quietly in her ear.
Got both of our interests in sight, who do we wanna talk to first?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

ProfGast

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 505
« Reply #47 on: <03-04-15/1012:39> »
Lovelace shrugs and murmurs back.

"Flip a coin?  We still have tomorrow to do the real digging right? "

She gives the champagne another sip as she glances around trying to spot any obvious bodyguards or security in here.

Quote
Perception(visual)12d6.hits(5)=4

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5107
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #48 on: <03-04-15/1318:29> »
Yep, tomorrow is game night, tonight is pre-work. Lets see what our lady friend has to offer eh?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

biotech66

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 382
    • Throat Punch Games
« Reply #49 on: <03-04-15/1532:43> »
You don't have to look too hard.  The place is filled with guards.  Some are the classic men in black with mirrored shades packing obvious heat in and among the circles around the VIPs.  Some are the waiters/waitresses who move a little too gracefully through the crowd but stumble when it comes to the actual part of the job where they hand out food.  You even get the impression that some of the people who are staring a little too hard at you or some pretty little thing might not be quite here and more riding the astral pony.  You get the impression that anyone wishing to start something here better have some mil spec gear and a death wish.
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

ProfGast

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 505
« Reply #50 on: <03-04-15/1618:08> »
"Well that sounds like a plan.  Lead onwards kind sir."

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5107
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #51 on: <03-05-15/1544:40> »
Mick smiles and sails the champagne around the glass, savouring the aroma and the taste as he moves through the crowd, smiling and excusing himself as he squeezed through the denser parts of the crowd. Keeping lovelace nearby, he smiles cordially and approaches the well dressed woman, greeting her formally with a slight bow and taking her extended hand before introducing his "colleague"

Quote
Etiquette roll:
cha 6, etiquette 6, first impression 2, clothing 2, pheromones 1: 17d6t5 4
Edge to re-roll failures: : 13d6t5 5 9 total hits. within limit so all kept.
« Last Edit: <03-06-15/0722:46> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

biotech66

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 382
    • Throat Punch Games
« Reply #52 on: <03-06-15/0712:32> »
You approach the women in an impeccable evening gown.  She's a refined beautiful without becoming trashy as some of the other women in attendance are.  When you speak to her she looks you directly in the eyes and says Hello!  You don't seem to be a representative or a hanger on.  That makes you a curiosity.  How can I better assist the public today?

Even though the two of you are quite a pair, she seems at ease with you and your subtle conversational stealth..
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

biotech66

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 382
    • Throat Punch Games
« Reply #53 on: <03-12-15/1220:59> »
Miss Elwes is very impressed by the amazing linguistic skills of the introduction, and she begins to talk in a hushed tones that only the trio can hear.  As you have guessed, I represent  Lady Glendower will not be attending tonight's events.  However, I can assure that we do have a similar interests in mind.  She wants the bill to pass.  I want the bill to pass.  However, it does need a 2/3 majority to pass, and its looking to fall a bit short.  However, if you could help me, I might be able to help you....  Lord Helling is the only person on the counsel who hasn't voted yet.  He might be enough of a swing vote that tip it toward passing.  Let's see you bring him to the counsel and he votes my way, I'd be very generous.  I have an excellent idea of how generous you would like.  How about 7,000 Y generous?

Some quick negotiations later...

That was some difficult negotiations, but I think 10,000 Y a person is my final offer.  That said, Lord Helling is at his home in on the edge of town.  Be careful!  Threats to the counsels life are quite common, so he's fortified the entire estate.

The party passes around you as you receive this information.  Lot's of glad handing representatives and food trays float around the room.
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

biotech66

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 382
    • Throat Punch Games
« Reply #54 on: <03-14-15/0712:55> »
Scene B

Meanwhile with the rest of the group out around London....  What would you like to do?
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

Triskavanski

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 2248
    • Triskavanski's house Rules
« Reply #55 on: <03-14-15/0920:42> »
Bill Was currently by himself, someways away from the party, and looking out  towards it. He wasn't sure where the rest of the crew went that he was with, or his friend Ted. But, he was getting bored. "Sit sit sit sit sit sit sit.. Wait wait wait wait wait. Come on! They better get some food." he grumbled, tapping a forehoof on the floor from where he was told to be on standby. He wanted something, anything to happen.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

biotech66

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 382
    • Throat Punch Games
« Reply #56 on: <03-19-15/0923:05> »
Scene A

In the party, it takes a while to get to the speaker.  He's always surrounded by a large group of minions, fawners, and those hoping to move up to those ranks.  It takes you almost an hour to meander through the group, but eventually you come face to face with Addison Hughes.  When he sees you he puts out a firm hand and said, "HI!  It's a plessure to meet you!  How can I be of service!  Always Great to meet the people!"

What would you like to say/do?

on the matrix the young women ahead of you is broadcasting her SIN openly as well as a few chosen campaign slogans.  Her personal looks exactly like herself.  She's an open book, but you can tell under the surface she's filled to the brim with some protection.  It's not subtle, but its done in a friendly manner


Scene B
Honestly, it boring outside.  You're close enough to a giant government shin dig that even the low level gangers have stayed away.  No one want some mil-spec hardware to drop on their hoops.
Every once and a while some security will come come by, look at you side long, scan your SIN, and move along.  You can tell from the looks that your not exactly welcome, but you're also on the list of people who can be her and not get shot and then questioned.
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5107
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #57 on: <03-24-15/1624:02> »
Ah good to meet you too Mr Speaker, How are you enjoying the nights festivities?
Catching the line of gaze to his admittedly rather glamorous looking partner, he made the introductions using the pair's fake SiNs as per their cover story.
I'm ashamed to say Mr Speaker, that we don't really count as "the people" in our current guise, we're here on business unfortunately, this wine is far too good to be drinking when you've got to be up for work tomorrow let me tell you! Cigar?
Mick offered a case from his inside pocket with a welcoming gesture, hoping that a retreat to the smoking area might draw him away from potential distractions.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

ProfGast

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 505
« Reply #58 on: <03-24-15/1805:11> »
Lovelace stands a half step back from Mick's side, attempting to look suitably business-y, professional with a side-helping of secretarial.  She smiles and nods along with the introduction.

In a side-AR window she also starts a search to see what electronics the Speaker is running and if any active communiques are in progress.

Triskavanski

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 2248
    • Triskavanski's house Rules
« Reply #59 on: <03-24-15/2026:12> »
Bill tries everything he can not to look too suspicious. which probably only makes him look even more so.  "Hey man.. I'm just the van. Thats all. Just waiting for.. people to get done you know.. So I can take them home!" He fidgets hoping his faked sin will keep up this scanning. At least a bit of homework was done for it, since its faking a sin from Evo, one of the biggest proponents of metahumans out there for companies that is.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules