NEWS

[ICC] 5e London Falling

• 72 Replies

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <02-11-15/2322:56> »
Lovelace pauses as the ARO flashes and raises an eyebrow.

"Well, isn't this interesting.  So we…"

She looks around at the assortment of runners

"…are expected to be at this Lobbyist Ball tomorrow.   And to learn about this Proposition 1449A.  And now it seems we have two different people to speak to, one suggested by our Johnson and one by a nob."

She glances around at the assembled cast again and shrugs.

"So before we dive into research and preparation, anyone know anything about the players involved?  Or have a good recommendation on how we get started?"
« Last Edit: <03-02-15/0957:51> by ProfGast »

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <02-12-15/0724:04> »
"So like, we're suppose to like go into this super fancy party right, with a bunch of political ugly dudes?" Bill frowns a little. He might be the brightest tack in the deck of cards, but even he knows places he fits in and places he doesn't.  smacking his hands together, he remembers, AC/DC, - big balls. "Right so like we need to get some fancy dress... Excellent!"

Then he finally looked up and at the naga hanging up there and jumps a little."Holy drek! What are you doing up there snakey dude?"
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #17 on: <02-12-15/1611:49> »
Mick just slumps back in the chair, a little pissed that he couldn't haggle for more cash. The veritable circus that had been put together was gonna make things difficult. Especially in a high-security outfit like that. Questions would be asked, ID would be checked and checked again..
It seemed straight forward enough, but he wasn't stupid enough to think they'd be getting money for old rope on this one. They'd need to anticipate a twist further down the line...
Look guys, Fancy dress is only going to take one part of this job and if it were gonna be easy money, they wouldn't have put together a large and varied team for it. It sounds too bloody simple, and we're going into a seriously high security location. I think we really need to expect a bit of a plot thickener here. In any case, security is gonna be tighter than a Nun's fanny, so anyone who hasn't either got a legit ID or a fucking good fake can count themselves out of heading to the night do.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <02-12-15/1615:57> »
Yes Bill i keep telling you you need fancy duds. That's why i got me this money suit. Though where we can find something fancy in your size with this little notice... Bill trails off deep in though. It is obviously paining him, and you can almost see the steam coming off of his ears. Bill looks up, snaps his fingers and looks over toward Mick You look like the fashionable sort. You know a tailor around here who does quick work? I have it on good authority that Bill here just came into a little money Ted gives Bill an over exaggerated wink

Ted looks over towards Lovelace. Honestly we're all new in town so one puffed up business guy is just as good as another. I want to know what you guys think of the second offer though. I'm pretty sure that i speak for the three of us when i say backstabbing Mr Arty is most heinous indeed. We haven't even been signed up for this gig for ten minuets. If this snowy lady knew so much she should have hired us first. We Wyld Stallions have our image to uphold after all!

As for this party, it should be most excellent. If Arty is to be believed it will be even fancier than Wyld Stallion's Greatest Hits release party! Ted leans in towards Lovelace It was a bold choice to name our first album "Greatest Hits" but it has been most triumphant on sales. We have sold dozens of copies over the last few months!
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <02-12-15/2033:08> »
Suddenly Bill blinks and turns to his brother like companion "Ted.. Ted.." he says smacking his friends shoulder a few times, lighting with the back of his hand mostly a tapping to get his information. "It occurs to me.. Mr Arty wants us to go to a party. An Arty Party!"

Thinking a bit, longer, Not one of his strong suits, he comes up with an idea. "I've got it! That famous pool dude who explored things!"

And then he stopped there. As if he actually explained his frail meager little plan in adequate enough detail.

Citrate

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <02-13-15/0340:21> »
"Wait are you talking about Marco Polo?" Caleb asked, confusion obvious in his tone.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <02-13-15/0853:04> »
"Exactly! And he made a sport for equestrian clubs that like.. Political ugly dudes like to play." He nods, that solves one problem he thought. He could be a polo player from the equestria club.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <02-14-15/0118:52> »
Still partly wrapped around the beam, Sarpa snakes a few metres down to seating height before returning to eye level. Properly translating the conversation as it progresses is difficult, and replying almost so. Struggling with public grid translation services, he simply stares at the AR space blankly as the conversation passes by, and a wave of trid commercials pop up before receding into the background. It's hardly a complete solution, but it fits the bill.

<<@Bill: Black Snake climbing wall; not hurt to be sneaky, hmm?>>

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <02-17-15/0937:07> »
After talking a bit and trying to decide what happens next, you all stare quietly at each other as the conversation dies down.  What's the groups next move?  Does anyone want to poke the matrix or make a few calls?
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <02-17-15/0955:39> »
Well this can only go well with reasoning like that…

Lovelace squares her shoulders and looks around at the group again.

"So before I dive into the Matrix for some information, who here actually has outfits that will actually work at the Ball?  Or do we want to get out of this posh area and reconvene after we've had a chance to do a little legwork?"
« Last Edit: <03-02-15/0958:19> by ProfGast »

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #25 on: <02-17-15/1423:02> »
I can get in and around that ball no problems. Will hire a tux to look the part and go in unarmed. We need to flesh out the story though, give us a good enough cover for small talk with the delegates. I'll make a call to a friend of mine and see if they know who else is on the guest list of note. Any weird names popping up might give us a hint at who else is interested, cause no doubt if Art is interested, some fucker else will be too.
Anyone got any microtags? A couple of those fancy ones with a microphone built in might be damn handy.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <02-17-15/1445:42> »
"I can try to get our hands on some additional surveillance equipment by tomorrow night.  If not, can any of you gents…"

Lovelace waggles her fingers above the table

"..and do something like that?  I know I can't but I've heard of people who can.  That said, I'm not even 100% sure we want to all go in as this Atarashii Kansai whatever.  I know the J set it up but if we can get into the Ball some other way too I don't see why we shouldn't try it. Timetable's short and all but I'd prefer not to put all our eggs in one basket."

She pauses for a breath.

"I shouldn't have much problem getting into or around the Ball either, and I already have a dress that should be perfect too."
« Last Edit: <03-02-15/0958:51> by ProfGast »

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #27 on: <02-17-15/1452:05> »
Perhaps our technically minded colleagues would like to scout their security setup ahead of time? an eye and an ear inside their systems could be very useful, especially if we end up rubbing someone up the wrong way.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <02-17-15/1507:40> »
"Don't worry, I fully intend to do a fair amount of... research on the location when I'm not sitting around in the middle of the Temple District."

She taps her datajack pointedly.
« Last Edit: <03-02-15/0959:06> by ProfGast »

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #29 on: <02-19-15/0617:42> »
Alright, well I dunno about you but I fucking hate this place. Lets get out of here and head somewhere more comfortable eh?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor