NEWS

What sourcebooks/supplements would people like to see in 6e?

• 7 Replies

name-not-taken

• Newb
« on: <09-09-19/1950:36> »
I'm hoping for an update on the UK! As a brit (whos home in squarely in the Kent toxic Zone, no big loss there) I'm interested to see what's going on.
As far as I can tell it's been four years since the last London book and twenty-eight since the last full sourcebook! There's about thirty years of in-game lore gap and I'm dying to have it filled in!

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <09-09-19/1958:29> »
I would like to see more exploration of the various meta-types, a new "monster manual", more regional sourcebooks (thinking of the "Target:XXX" series), oh, yeah and an equivalent to Janes World for the Sixth World...for each weaponry, augments and magic.

That should keep people busy for a decade or so ;D

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #2 on: <09-10-19/0047:23> »
I want rules to rig a damn building!

It's doable to extrapolate how to do it, but I'd really like more concrete rules for doing it.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #3 on: <09-10-19/0307:58> »
A Corp Security book, explaining various security mechanisms, protocols and different kinds of grunts in detail. *Continues writing his Knight Errant HTR details*
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <09-10-19/0650:13> »
IŽd really love to see a sourcebook/supplement (in this case, IŽd actually prefer one of those crunch/fluff chimeras  ;)) about Heists, B&E, infiltration and exfiltration. Note that this would fit really well with the previous 2 suggestions: Rules for rigging buildings (a.k.a. the work of security spiders) and corp security in general. You could integrate all of that in a 2-part supplement: One part detailing security measures, Spiders and CorpSec strategies, one part detailing the ways and tools to break them and giving examples on famous heists.

Also, I severely missed the "darker paths" of augmentations, and transhumanism in 5th Edition - Cyberzombies, "Jarhead"-style Cyborgs, Cyberware addiction, Bunraku dolls, that kind of stuff. Maybe in the same vein, more about E-Ghosts (maybe even rules for (accidentally?) becoming one), "Brainhacking", VR indoctrination...
« Last Edit: <09-10-19/0904:54> by Finstersang »

Hephaestus

• Omae
  • "Milk Run" is a mighty weird way to spell TPK
« Reply #5 on: <09-10-19/1317:45> »
I want rules to rig a damn building!

It's doable to extrapolate how to do it, but I'd really like more concrete rules for doing it.

+1. Home/hideout security is not well defined in 5th, and whenever the Rigger supplement comes out, it should have better rules for things like turrets and buildings. Also, a unified rule set for upgrades and improvements for vehicles/dones/buildings so drones don't get kicked in the nuts & bolts again.

BeCareful

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <09-11-19/2256:19> »
I do like those setting gazetteers, with plot hooks and contacts sprinkled all over them. If there hasn't been one yet, I'd like to know what's been going on with Quebec post-SR3.
"Welcome to Shadowrun, where the biggest obstacle is you!"

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <09-11-19/2305:42> »
A UK book, more info on the dark content, Africa, a Critters book and we haven’t had a good toy catalog in quite some time. What do the current equipment catalogs look like these days?