Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #30 on: <11-14-10/0526:44> »
Thought ya'll might get a kick out of this:

http://griffjon.com/sr2/

AJBuwalda

• Chummer
« Reply #31 on: <11-14-10/0936:25> »
I was running a game of Dark Heresy. One of the PC had the idea to snatch one od the cultist and after interogating him for the location of their base stuffed him in the trunk of the car. We did not know why at that point; he said "Trust me" which is a bad thing DH most of the time. Anyway, they arrive at the building and he grabs the guy and explains. He wants to kick in the door, push the cultist in and blow his brains out for intimidation value. Fair enough! He makes a strength check for the door fails terribly while yelling "I'm here to dispense the emperor's judgement." While he is yelling this the door swings open he trips and gets drilled with assault rifles and pistols.
Greetings from the Netherlands, comrade!

voydangel

• Omae
  • SR GM since 1990. Damn I'm old.
« Reply #32 on: <11-15-10/1702:32> »
At the risk of being crushingly cliche... I recently witnessed a character death and the last words were - quite literally - "oops"

It was amazing.
My tips for new GM's
Unless it is coming from an official source, RAI = "Rules As Imagined."
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4++SR5+++h+b+++B+D382UBIE-RN---DSF-W+m+(o++)gm+MP

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #33 on: <11-23-10/1440:39> »
Way, way back in one of the first RPG games I ever played, my buddies and I were playing the Palladium RPG.  My character was an insane orgre assassin/necromancer with anarchistic leanings, my one friend (M) had a sadistic and evil changeling diabolist, and my other friend (T) had a goody goody elf with a class I can't remember.  Anyway, we played for a little while with our bizarre little trio until T got tired of M and I wandering off to kill people and burn their houses down.  He got all pissy one day and his character commanded ours to cease being evil and set upon the path of righteousness.  His last words were, "You guys are assholes.  Why can't you be good and help people?"  After that it was just garbled drooling as his zombie served us as pack mule.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #34 on: <11-23-10/1829:32> »
"Yeah? It's a Koala who cares. What's the Wombrick doing?"

Not mine but it got me anyway "I fire my PAC at it." In a fireworks factory.

GM: The pilot refuses to change course.
Player 1: I shoot him.
GM: He's dead who has pilot rotocraft?
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

mattness

• Newb
  • Street Samurai
« Reply #35 on: <11-23-10/1927:28> »
Tarrasque

My group met one (avg lvl 8). Our DM was playing mage. Munchkin warrior was GMin (he was obsessed about tarasque regen, wanted to introduce it just as "moving part of landscape").
Mage declared attack. Threw some shurikens. Rest of group is panicking (our characters were like 2 years old). Mage start to throw knives +4 iirc. One of attacks 20/20.
Critical hit table  (%)
score=100 Death on sight

Guys were arguing for hours (tarasque regen vs crit hit table).
We abandoned those characters, few months later created new characters, didn't work out and since then I don't play on regular basis.
For me - Tarasque => end of RPGing :(

Char limit suxx :/

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #36 on: <11-23-10/1954:28> »
Hehe that's one hell of a story though. No one I've played with has let me near a Tarrasque yet.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #37 on: <12-08-10/2137:27> »
"Oh, we've got them on the run!"

Unit CO, in a Battletech Merc game last Sunday, the round just before three out of five of his 'mechs got trashed including one that his engine cored by a hatchet and one that got his head blowed off.

Two guesses who did the blowed-ing off.

;D
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.