NEWS

(Recruitment) Sun and Shade

• 138 Replies

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #60 on: <03-16-12/1539:20> »
Moot anyway. I'm reworking to pull the Amnesia anyway. By the way, are you in the game, or are you just butting in on something that has nothing to do with you?

I'm thinking of joining, but haven't settled on a character concept yet. But as I said in my first post, I am trying to learn by watching those with (far) more experience than I have, and saw something which didn't match my understanding of the rules.

-Thvor

Well, it's the first time I've messed with SURGE, really. Didn't notice the 'must' on the positive end and thought you could voluntarily take less than that, but oh well, found that thermo isn't that expensive a metagenetic, and found one that's just kinda cool that's just as cheap. (I sometimes do like taking negatives beyond what you can get points for though.)
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

momothefiddler

• Newb
« Reply #61 on: <03-16-12/1641:52> »
I'm having a very hard time coming up with a character concept that fits, since I can't see any way anyone without magic or resonance could avoid Wired Reflexes without being unbelievably stupid. None of my concepts fit both one of the roles you stated and Wired Reflexes, so I'm going to have to withdraw. Sorry.

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #62 on: <03-16-12/1657:16> »
I don't understand why you couldn't play a magic character and fill one of those roles. I mean an Adept would be great at most of them: Adepts make phenomenal gunslingers, the power/IP boosts serious crank their ability to perform any physical task like driving, and while fire support is listed I can't see why we couldn't retitle it "Combat"

My character sheet is about halfway, I'm just sorting out the gear. I was considering being a pilot myself, but I don't know...

momothefiddler

• Newb
« Reply #63 on: <03-16-12/1732:35> »
Well I made an adept which wasn't good enough, then I tried to make an demolitions/engineer, but I couldn't envision him as being superfast or supernatural. It bothers me that every single runner has to be a mage/adept/technomancer or have wired reflexes to be at all effective (which seems to be required for this game) - basically there is no valid place for someone who isn't magic or superfast. Sure, you could have, say, a troll enforcer with intimidation, unarmed combat, and firearms with various fantastic options, but no matter what you do, it's overshadowed by the fact that someone else, for a sixteenth of their points, could have four times as many actions per turn as he does. Essentially, I don't want to play a mage or a rogue and there's no point in playing anything else.

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #64 on: <03-16-12/1803:08> »
Well, what about a mundane pilot? Base 3 IP's when in VR, and having a Northrun Wasp would be sweet.

SeriousOne338

• Omae
« Reply #65 on: <03-16-12/1910:06> »
Well I made an adept which wasn't good enough, then I tried to make an demolitions/engineer, but I couldn't envision him as being superfast or supernatural. It bothers me that every single runner has to be a mage/adept/technomancer or have wired reflexes to be at all effective (which seems to be required for this game) - basically there is no valid place for someone who isn't magic or superfast. Sure, you could have, say, a troll enforcer with intimidation, unarmed combat, and firearms with various fantastic options, but no matter what you do, it's overshadowed by the fact that someone else, for a sixteenth of their points, could have four times as many actions per turn as he does. Essentially, I don't want to play a mage or a rogue and there's no point in playing anything else.

Ok First off you don't need to be wired at all. just have a good shooting pool and use high powered rifles or shot guns you might only get one shot so make sure it's going to put someone down with the first hit. pack a superhawk or some other high powered hand gun. Also I said nothing about needing to be fast in a group, I think an adept would do nicely as a driver or demo expert, just don't specialize in combat instead take healing or armor. But if you want to bow out I can open it up for other people.

I am not trying to be mean, this group would end shooting each other the way it's set right now. I mean it, you'd probably get outed as some super crime lord with a bounty on his head, so either your team kills you and gets the money or I have to send loads of bounty hunters on your butt. Then your team would be considered part of your criminal group, so I'd also throw Lone Star Knight Errant at them until you guys die or decide to breakup.
« Last Edit: <03-16-12/1923:31> by SeriousOne338 »
Colors: Speech, Thought, Matrix
Character:
Dos.Boot http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=7368.15

momothefiddler

• Newb
« Reply #66 on: <03-16-12/1926:19> »
The Northrup Wasp is pretty nice, but it only seats one, so it wouldn't be useful for group transport. I could afford a Hughes Stallion instead, which handles almost as well and could carry the whole team. Unless I'm mistaking the use intended, that'd be a good plan, right?

How about something like this:

Hughes Stallion (Utility Helicopter)
   +Rigger Adaptation
   +Signature Masking Rating 6
   +Weapon Mount (Normal, Concealed, Flexible, Armored)
      +GE Vigilant Light Autocannon
         +Smartgun System
         +Camera Upgrade - Vision Enhancement 3
         +Camera Upgrade - Vision Magnification
         +Heavy Barrel
         +Electronic Firing
   +Vehicle Sensor

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #67 on: <03-16-12/1935:39> »
I would add Gun ports, and bear in mind that you need Restricted Gear to get the Autocannon and the Signature Masking.

SeriousOne338

• Omae
« Reply #68 on: <03-16-12/1940:00> »
yeah that would work. I image that as a rebuild Huey, so big sliding doors you'd not need to gun port unless you don't want to open the door.
Character:

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #69 on: <03-16-12/1951:00> »
What sort of resources would a 4-3 group contact be able to bring to bear for me, if it's a smuggling group run by my fine self?

SeriousOne338

• Omae
« Reply #70 on: <03-16-12/1955:07> »
Did you take blackmarket pipeline? if not you'll be able to get rated F stuff also have a place to sell your ill gotten gains.
Character:

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #71 on: <03-16-12/2002:30> »
Oh, black market pipeline. Well, I suppose I could find a way to finagle that onto my contact.

@momo, do you want to be a member of my smuggling ring? Pilots are a key part of the team, and with me for handling the acquisition and selling, and you handling transit and hardware, we'd be pretty well set.

Also look into an old, but awesome drone, the Ares Air-Supply, and the CAS Wandjina.

momothefiddler

• Newb
« Reply #72 on: <03-16-12/2006:56> »
a) I'd have added Gun Ports but I've used up all the slots as-is. Is there a way to get additional slots or would that take a bigger chopper (which I can't afford due to the 60-point cap)?

b) Yeah. Question: Do I need Restricted gear 3 - one for each of the Signature Masking, Weapon Turret, and Autocannon - or do I just need Restricted Gear 1 for the chopper as a whole?

c) I'd love to be part of your ring! Again, though, I'm out of slots so I can't add a smuggling compartment :C

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #73 on: <03-16-12/2050:13> »
Well, you have Signature Masking and an Autocannon, so we don't need to hide the items within, we need to hide the chopper!
Would you be opposed to sharing some contact points to make a joint-group contact? Say, 25 points total (I'll pitch 10 or 15) to make a group with black Market Pipeline? Would that be alright with you SeriousOne? We could get a 6-4 contact with up to 19 members and National influence with the Black market Pipeline quality. Boss.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #74 on: <03-16-12/2053:41> »
a) I'd have added Gun Ports but I've used up all the slots as-is. Is there a way to get additional slots or would that take a bigger chopper (which I can't afford due to the 60-point cap)?

b) Yeah. Question: Do I need Restricted gear 3 - one for each of the Signature Masking, Weapon Turret, and Autocannon - or do I just need Restricted Gear 1 for the chopper as a whole?

c) I'd love to be part of your ring! Again, though, I'm out of slots so I can't add a smuggling compartment :C

You'd need a Restricted Gear for each item over 12. I believe there is possibility for over modification, but it starts degrading Speed and Handling.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen