NEWS

Junkyard Jaw / Weapon Launcher Synergy

• 9 Replies

Vassago

• Newb
« on: <03-18-17/1630:11> »
Yay, or Nay?

So, the items have a capacity greater than can fit inside a cyber-skull, but each has an essence cost as well.

My understanding is if an item has both, it uses either capacity, or essence.

That being the case, would it be possible to install the Junkyard Jaw and a Weapon Launcher combo (CF 91, CF 92), paying the full essence costs, to basically have a set of ballistic chompers?

Further down the rabbit hole:
Assuming the answer above is yes,
could taking the Voice Modulator (SR5 452) allow the character to still use vocal communication during the times that he's temporarily sans jaw-bone?
« Last Edit: <03-19-17/0947:40> by Vassago »
And at least put some thought into the Negative Quality Addiction-Mild (DeepWeed). You're playing in Denver afterall, and a Sasquatch-sized joint gets me right in the feels.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <03-18-17/1645:39> »
I don't see much synergy in launching your teeth, but sure, for 0.95 essence you can spit them at your target.
If you are looking for a way to save a bit of essence, get a partial cyber skull with bulk modification - that will fit a Junkyard Jaw just fine but is 0.35 points of essence cheaper.

And a simple speaker combined with a DNI let's you talk without having a voice at all.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

kreblach

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <03-18-17/1646:14> »
Yes because it's awesome and yes because that would be hilarious.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <03-19-17/0525:06> »
So, basically Baron Underbheit from Venture Brothers. Yep, sounds awesome :)

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <03-20-17/1421:24> »
You know that the Junkyard Jaw is, quite possibly, my single favorite item in Chrome Flesh, right?

I approve of everything here. :D

Adamo1618

« Reply #5 on: <03-21-17/0812:12> »
Can you put cyberskulls on drones? I need to, because reasons.

Adamo1618

« Reply #6 on: <03-21-17/0814:03> »
Also I need a massive one on the front of my car, taking Ram Plate to the next level.

Vassago

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <03-21-17/1034:46> »
You know that the Junkyard Jaw is, quite possibly, my single favorite item in Chrome Flesh, right?

I approve of everything here. :D

The character concept is an Ogre Tenochititlan cage fighter that took Sangre Y Acero. He has Crushing Jaws (ironic) to put people in the Figure-Four Leglock, and he took Finishing Move to spend an Edge to yell some cheesy pro-wrestling taunt before biting off a limb.  8)
And at least put some thought into the Negative Quality Addiction-Mild (DeepWeed). You're playing in Denver afterall, and a Sasquatch-sized joint gets me right in the feels.

Slipperychicken

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <03-22-17/1915:38> »
Can you put a grapple gun modification in the jaw-launcher?

Vassago

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <03-22-17/1933:48> »
Can you put a grapple gun modification in the jaw-launcher?