NEWS

Various questions

• 10 Replies

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« on: <04-04-15/0548:09> »
OK I'm back again with a new batch of questions, asking here as I am running Missions.

Arrows and Thowing Knives. Are these recoverable after being used?

Also Bone Lacing and Cyberweapons, particularly the Spurs, do the damage bonus from Bone Lacing stack with the Spurs... I'm thinking not but wanting to double check.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

halflingmage

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <04-05-15/2032:53> »
AFAIK, there are not explicit rules about recovering throwing blades or arrows.  I would personally would say that recovering throwing blades would not be too hard most of the time.  Occasionally they would be lost (fight on top of a building and missed, etc).  Arrows I would think would generally be harder to consistently recover.  They may break or suffer structural damage on impact, and hits that penetrate deeply would have to be hacked from the corpse, a time consuming and messy prospect, probably not practical in most working situations.  If someone was desperate and needed the ammo and had the time, I might ask for a simple edge check to see how many they could get back.

Bone lacing and cyberspurs do not stack.  Bone lace helps with basic punches, spurs when you pop your spurs and slice with them.  You don't get to double up on the damage. 

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <04-05-15/2245:40> »
*nods* about the answers I was expecting... just wanted to confirm.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

bull30548

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <04-10-15/2049:28> »
Quick question: Are the pregen characters in the Beginner Box Mission legal?
GM Guy
Catalyst Game Labs Agent

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #4 on: <04-11-15/0420:25> »
Quick question: Are the pregen characters in the Beginner Box Mission legal?

First off, damn.  How many times have I been cloned??  ;)

Second, yes.  Technically they're not 100% by the book, but so long as they're being played straight out of the box, they're legal.  Of course, could get confusing when 3 Gentries show up at the same table ;)

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #5 on: <05-31-15/0219:58> »
It's been reported on the forums that the German version costs them at 1k rather then 5k per rating. Now I don't own a German Copy of the core book, so this is 2nd hand, is the 5k price tag correct and is that working as intended?
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #6 on: <05-31-15/1645:34> »
I have no idea what you're talking about, Marcus.  Sorry.  Need some more reference here.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <06-01-15/0120:48> »
Sorry Bull I apparently  managed to delete the first sentence of that post some how LOL. Not sure how that happened.

Concerning active skills for skill wires, the price listed in core in 5k per rating. It's been reported on the forums that the German version costs them at 1k rather then 5k per rating. Now I don't own a German Copy of the core book, so this is 2nd hand, is the 5k price tag correct and is that working as intended?
Thinking
com
speaking

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <06-01-15/0816:48> »
The skilljack is 1000¥ per rating in my German version of the core rulebook, not the activesofts.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <06-01-15/1946:46> »
The skilljack is 1000¥ per rating in my German version of the core rulebook, not the activesofts.

Ahh well that answers that.
Thinking
com
speaking

bull30548

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <06-03-15/1017:00> »
Another quick question: free rpg day quick start book, mission legal pregens in  there?
GM Guy
Catalyst Game Labs Agent