NEWS

Darkest Hour: What am I to make of...

• 71 Replies

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #60 on: <12-22-10/0855:41> »
Which, handily enough, that little document about advanced magic describes (a little bit, anyway).
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #61 on: <12-22-10/0900:11> »
Yes, that's why i posted that. Haven't seen Durability there, though.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Ancient History

• Newb
« Reply #62 on: <12-22-10/1534:57> »
Supernatural Toughness in Digital Grimoire.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #63 on: <12-22-10/1543:26> »
Heh. Thanks, Uncle Ancient. :)
A shame Magicians can't take that one... But balance-wise it's okay.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #64 on: <12-22-10/1621:10> »
Thanks, it's an interesting power may have to invest in a few levels sometime.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #65 on: <12-23-10/1019:58> »
Don't have that book, when did it release?
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #66 on: <12-23-10/1416:24> »
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Stalker

• Newb
« Reply #67 on: <12-30-10/0757:56> »
By the way... Any clues as to why the series is so much occupied with the different times of day? (Dawn of the Artifacts, consisting of the volumes Dawn, Midnight, Darkest Hour, New Dawn, as well as the official name of the artifacts as mentioned in Midnight: the Keys of Dawn.) Is that just a (not-so-subtle) attempt to allude to Earthdawn, imitate the titles of the Twilight series, or is there more to it? ;)

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #68 on: <12-30-10/1017:04> »
My guess - my hope - is that there's more to it, maybe introducing a new part of metaplot that has long term effects.  I don't think CGL is out to introduce a risen Atlantis, but something in its own way as big. Consider who the players have been to date . . .

Ancient History

• Newb
« Reply #69 on: <12-30-10/1059:11> »
It's literally just a naming gimmick to avoid having to use numbers while maintaining a logical progression - early in the planning process it was hoped that the campaign would be more "open" and GMs could run those four in any order, or as stand-alone adventures. The ending campaign book has changed since I withdrew my drafts, some details  here.

Otakusensei

• Newb
« Reply #70 on: <12-30-10/1137:25> »
It's literally just a naming gimmick to avoid having to use numbers while maintaining a logical progression - early in the planning process it was hoped that the campaign would be more "open" and GMs could run those four in any order, or as stand-alone adventures. The ending campaign book has changed since I withdrew my drafts, some details  here.

I mentioned it on other forums, but that wrap up is frigging awesome.  I'm a fan of IEs though, and my players (after initially betraying her) have taken a shine to Frosty.  One player even offered to act as her Charles Foster Ofdensen as the events of DotA unfold.  With a good old fashioned immortal elf throw-down on the table that makes my job as GM that much easier.  And the players get a chance to be the end of one of the long-lived pointy-eared meddlers I have so much fun tossing in my games.

The bit with the sea dragon sounds epic, and the druids in the London sewers are a great faction out of left field.  John Dee is also creepy as hell, and I can't wait to introduce my players to him.  The plot is linear, but that's rarely a problem when running a game.  I tend to like a linear plot, because my players are always going to take some weird turn and it all balances out.  Loose plots tend to be a mess to begin with, and then I have to sit down and work out a plan before I can sit down at the table and rework it in play.  It's like doing the work twice.

Stalker

• Newb
« Reply #71 on: <01-01-11/0919:01> »
Great! Thanks a lot, AH, for providing this info!
I'm still wondering about the "New Dawn" - "Keys of Dawn" correlation, though. ;) But I guess nothing can be said about that yet without spoilers.
« Last Edit: <01-01-11/0922:05> by Stalker »