NEWS

Digital Toolbox

• 88 Replies

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <01-31-14/1728:42> »
Dang cash supply, I love archetype NPC/PC write ups. For 20$ I am excited over this. It will add an easier way to demo SR, and yet still add some to my home game. Maybe a financial miracle will happen and I can pick it up :)

Cheers SR community, Frankie the Formori

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #16 on: <01-31-14/1829:36> »
Dang cash supply, I love archetype NPC/PC write ups. For 20$ I am excited over this. It will add an easier way to demo SR, and yet still add some to my home game. Maybe a financial miracle will happen and I can pick it up :)

Cheers SR community, Frankie the Formori
If I had a way to send comp copies, I would, buddy.

Maybe someone who has picked it up can tell you about a certain someone in Ms. Myth's contacts list, though.   ;D

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #17 on: <01-31-14/1912:03> »
She has quite a few contacts.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

coyote6

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <01-31-14/2111:51> »
In my copy, Ms. Myth has a record sheet, but no dossier.

Coydog paid to have Coyote as a Mentor Spirit. What does that do for her? Coyote isn't listed anywhere; heck, Mentor Spirit isn't listed anywhere as far as I can tell.

While looking for rules for Coyote-as-mentor, I noticed the example in Plots & Paydata is wrong; Coydog casts Manabolt at Force 6, gets 4 net hits, and deals 10P damage with no chance of resistance. That's not how Manabolt works in 5e (and isn't how it works per Rules of the Street).

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <01-31-14/2119:21> »
Her dossier is in the Beginners Box section; I have a copy of her record sheet in the Alphaware section.

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #20 on: <01-31-14/2231:18> »
Yeah that's...a weird oddity. Only the dossier for Ms Myth is in the Beginner's Box Set, while the others are in the Alphaware set.

I know that these two sets were made from splitting up one boxed set, but the divide to split up what is just very...odd. 
"I prefer the Turnabout discussions more then the Roundabout variety"

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #21 on: <01-31-14/2253:41> »
Ms. Myth is a "bonus" dossier, to give folks (with the Beginner's Box) a sample of a more involved character sheet.  Hardpoint, Coydog, Sledge, and Gentry were the original intended dossiers, and are in the product that originally intended to host said dossiers (the more involved/intermediate box).  Remember, the two boxes are (when not digital) being released as separate products.

Coyote's listed as a Mentor Spirit (for those with the SR5 core book) using the stats for Raven.  As for the lack of Mentor Spirits in the Toolbox, I've shot an email upstairs to see what's what, FWIW. 

I'm not sure who wrote the "crunch" bits in Plots and Paydata.  The fiction itself ("Mischief is my Business") is mine, but I really don't recall who did the "By The Numbers" parts.

LonePaladin

• Chummer
  • Creator of HeroForge
« Reply #22 on: <01-31-14/2341:15> »
When I saw the announcement, the name "Digital Tools" had me assuming that we were finally going to get software to help with making characters and/or GMing. You'd think that this game, with its emphasis on computers and such, would have an officially-licensed program for these tasks.

Alas, no.

Nonetheless, I'm probably going to buy this. When I can finally find a gaming group in my new hometown, I want an easy way to introduce them to SR.
"You can stop talking now.  Really.  Stop.  I have a Uzi."

ᴖᴥᴖ

Download my Matrix Card set:
https://sites.google.com/site/resonancerealms/

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #23 on: <02-01-14/0023:48> »
When I saw the announcement, the name "Digital Tools" had me assuming that we were finally going to get software to help with making characters and/or GMing. You'd think that this game, with its emphasis on computers and such, would have an officially-licensed program for these tasks.

Alas, no.
For what it's worth, SR4 has Lone Wolf's Hero Lab.  Most of what I know about an SR5 version is, I think, "it's on the way" (I'm not directly involved with that side of things at all, but we freelancers poke the boss and ask, every now and then).  That's up to the outside company, not CGL.

On the Mentor Spirit front:  the intention is that she has Coyote (Raven) as a Mentor, and I'm doing what I can with the bosses to--hopefully--get an insert wedged in somewhere prior to the boxed set(s) going to print.  Mea culpa.  I did the dossiers and a few other things, other folks wrote up the cut-down rules, and we seem to have missed a hand-off, here.  I'm doing what I can.

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #24 on: <02-01-14/0316:33> »
On the Mentor Spirit front:  the intention is that she has Coyote (Raven) as a Mentor, and I'm doing what I can with the bosses to--hopefully--get an insert wedged in somewhere prior to the boxed set(s) going to print.

Wait...so mechanically, Coyote is supposed to be identical to Raven? This is news to me.

And while the SR5 core book does mention that Raven is a "close cousin" to Coyote, it doesn't exactly list in under the "similar archetype" heading. Was this why a formal Coyote mentor spirit was absent from the book? Because it was deemed too similar to Raven?
"I prefer the Turnabout discussions more then the Roundabout variety"

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <02-01-14/0426:01> »
Okay, so using my logic of 1....I went ahead and got the cash into my account to get this.... I will take some time over the weekend to go through it but by and far one of my favorite things is pre gen'd PC/NPC. I love the feel of the environment they can give me. For inspiration for cyberware I find myself going through all the 1-4th edition adventures and looking over gear. For the moment I jumped right into MS Myth and I love the massive amount of detail.

I love the bullet points that sum up what you will find in all the details. Allows new players to have simple notes to follow through game play and not get overwhelmed with to much info for really short games. This is key from what I saw at Pax prime (1 hour demo).

For her Stats I am a fan of seeing a Troll portraying the Face. Looking over her skills I see great die pool for primary skill set, she will always provide a strong presence on any social interaction... Beautiful Troll for intro player to expirance really exemplifies how SR shatters fantasy concept of what to expect in a setting!

Once again Critias along with great work you honor me by throwing little Frankie into another SR product. To be part of Another aspect of SR lore (RPG this time) brings a massive smile and a hell of feeling of awesomeness. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Now to look over the other team members:)   

samoth

• Chummer
« Reply #26 on: <02-01-14/0830:09> »

Alas, no.
For what it's worth, SR4 has Lone Wolf's Hero Lab.  Most of what I know about an SR5 version is, I think, "it's on the way" (I'm not directly involved with that side of things at all, but we freelancers poke the boss and ask, every now and then).  That's up to the outside company, not CGL.

On the Mentor Spirit front:  the intention is that she has Coyote (Raven) as a Mentor, and I'm doing what I can with the bosses to--hopefully--get an insert wedged in somewhere prior to the boxed set(s) going to print.  Mea culpa.  I did the dossiers and a few other things, other folks wrote up the cut-down rules, and we seem to have missed a hand-off, here.  I'm doing what I can.

I have to say it is refreshing to see someone in the SR line take ownership of a mistake for once, even if it wasn't yours.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <02-01-14/0838:17> »
To be fair as samoth, I don't think I've ever seen any of the freelancers avoid criticism or feedback...Critias specifically posted earlier asking for such.

@Critias - appreciate the feedback and efforts to get this caught prior to print. As it's meant to be an introductory product, anything to reduce confusion in the reader is nothing but good.

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #28 on: <02-01-14/0942:01> »
The Digital Tools Box confirmed that I probably won't buy the physical boxes, but I'm glad to have bought the PDF version. The Plots and Paydata booklet is pretty good in my opinion, as are the various maps (even if some of them were already found in the SR4 Runner Toolkit) and I enjoyed the preview of the novel (now let's hope the whole thing is released before too long :p)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #29 on: <02-01-14/1046:19> »
Sounds like it won't be that useful for my Missions games, but I'm still going to run some short SR5 campaigns in the future so I can use it for those. Since I get enough reward tokens I'll give it a shot. :)
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!