NEWS

Do Assault Rounds add DV or not?

• 10 Replies

Jackleg Rooster

• Newb
  • Five Point Palm Exploding Heart!
« on: <07-29-11/1241:25> »
I see them listed "as cannon" but what would that mean? That the Damage is already factored in? If it adds nothing then why not leave a blank like under normal rounds?

I personally think "as cannon" could mean double the base DV when these are loaded but clearly a man(troll)-portable weapon with 20DV -10AP would be insane.

How do you guys interpret it?

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #1 on: <07-29-11/1249:24> »
Assault Cannons only fire "special ammunition," which is to say, Assault Cannon rounds.  Assault Cannon rounds are quite a bit more expensive than standard ammo, so they get their own slot on the ammunition price/availability chart.  There is no "standard ammo" option for Assault Cannons.

So yes, with the damage listed as "as cannon," that's them explaining that the Assault Cannon rounds don't add to, subtract from, or otherwise modify the listed damage code of an Assault Cannon -- but they have a different price and availability than (every other weapon's) "standard ammo," so they have to be listed separately. 

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #2 on: <07-29-11/1933:36> »
Speaking of assault cannons. Recoil. What the **** is the recoil on a Panther Assault Cannon, and where did it say that? I found how much recoil it could absorb easy enough. But no real numbers on what it's recoil actually IS.
"Remember, you can't have manslaughter without laughter."

"If violence begat violence, in every case, every human on the planet would instantly devolve into gibbering murderers in a day."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #3 on: <07-29-11/2022:34> »
Speaking of assault cannons. Recoil. What the **** is the recoil on a Panther Assault Cannon, and where did it say that? I found how much recoil it could absorb easy enough. But no real numbers on what it's recoil actually IS.
Here at Humanis Labs, we answer these questions for you.  Using metahuman guinea pigs.

Now, the Recoil of a Panther Assault Cannon for a Troll, is not that much.  *Shows a window with a Troll laughing as he slams shot after shot into the target range*

But, when you get into the slighter, more fragile, and less violent prone lesser races, the recoil is much, much different.  *Shows a window where an elf is imbedded into a wall with the cannon shoulder brace stuck inside his body, severing his arm*

Humanis Labs, bringing humanity a better life, at the loss of a few of the inferior races.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #4 on: <07-29-11/2145:00> »
Nice, very nice. I like that fascist "Starship Trooper" feel. But, that doesn't give me numbers, omae.

"If violence begat violence, in every case, every human on the planet would instantly devolve into gibbering murderers in a day."

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #5 on: <07-29-11/2153:22> »
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking.  As far as I can recall, they generate recoil as per any other firearm, but (as per the notation under the Heavy Weapon gear heading) suffer double normal recoil.

As a Single-Shot weapon, this is largely a moot point.  If someone were to use the firearm modification rules on it or something, then maybe its RC (1) would actually be useful, and/or additional goodies would be required.

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #6 on: <07-30-11/0008:42> »
Yeah, so it's got a recoil of 4 for it's second shot? Not seeing why an Elf of strength 2 couldn't pick it up and fire a shot or two off with it, by rules.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #7 on: <07-30-11/0241:02> »
Other than the fact that the cannon probably weighs as much as a Strength 2 Elf?  (Unless he has a high Body, that is.).

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crash_00

« Reply #8 on: <07-30-11/0318:57> »
For some reason I want to watch Better Off Ted now. Man all these threads are filling up my tv schedule now.

Tsuzua

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <07-30-11/1137:24> »
Yeah, so it's got a recoil of 4 for it's second shot? Not seeing why an Elf of strength 2 couldn't pick it up and fire a shot or two off with it, by rules.

The double recoil penalty doesn't work like that.  It isn't all recoil is doubled, it's all uncompensated recoil is doubled.  So if you can get 9 RC on your LMG, you take no recoil penalties when you Full Burst and not -9. 

This is why assault cannon recoil is odd.  It's trivially easy to get 1 point of RC and even if you have a SA assault cannon, you're looking at only -1 worth of recoil to negate. 

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #10 on: <07-30-11/1140:29> »
Don't forget that the weight of the weapon will also help with the "Felt Recoil".  And that damned thing is a monster!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11