NEWS

Making miniguns?

• 16 Replies

Teknodragon

• Omae
« on: <07-08-11/0316:57> »
On Arsenal, older edition, pg. 30, the sidebar states that "[...] light, medium, or heavy machine guns can be constructed as miniguns." However, I cannot seem to find the rules for making them as such-- what adjustments to cost, availability, etc. are made. Am I missing something?
Life is short, the night is long, and we still have ammo.

savaze

• Omae
  • I'm a zombie/quadriplegic hybrid
« Reply #1 on: <07-08-11/0520:59> »
That's something I've included in my expanded rules and I hope to have it done by the end of summer (I've been getting requests to include chain guns as well but that means having a higher rate of fire than high-velocity weapons). I have nine tweenage girls (from 13-22) in my house right now and it's making it hectic to finalize or even get more than a few minutes of peace, but they start leaving in the next few weeks...

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <07-08-11/0530:57> »
On Arsenal, older edition, pg. 30, the sidebar states that "[...] light, medium, or heavy machine guns can be constructed as miniguns." However, I cannot seem to find the rules for making them as such-- what adjustments to cost, availability, etc. are made. Am I missing something?
No your not missing anything there are no weapon construction rules.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Ethan

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <07-08-11/0814:37> »
That's something I've included in my expanded rules and I hope to have it done by the end of summer (I've been getting requests to include chain guns as well but that means having a higher rate of fire than high-velocity weapons). I have nine tweenage girls (from 13-22) in my house right now and it's making it hectic to finalize or even get more than a few minutes of peace, but they start leaving in the next few weeks...

Sweet, merciful crap man. How are you not deaf by now?

As for the minigun rules, they were supposed to be part of the Arsenal book but they were removed. Not all references to said rules were removed however.

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #4 on: <07-08-11/0903:59> »
As for the minigun rules, they were supposed to be part of the Arsenal book but they were removed. Not all references to said rules were removed however.
When and where was that stated?
Want to see my flash new jacket?

Ethan

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <07-08-11/0907:28> »
When Arsenal first came out, I recall reading that on Dumpshock.

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #6 on: <07-08-11/0951:23> »
When Arsenal first came out, I recall reading that on Dumpshock.
Hearesay!
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #7 on: <07-08-11/1030:24> »
For simplicity's sake you could just use Large Mod rules under the Firing Selection Change.  (pg.151 Arsenal)
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <07-08-11/1306:17> »

Sweet, merciful crap man. How are you not deaf by now?

Ah, that explains it. Thanks for setting me straight.

Deliverator

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <07-08-11/1310:08> »
Is the 22 yr old hot? *eyeshift*

MojoHead

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <07-10-11/0950:49> »
i would say a HV-mod should do the job, FA weps become HV and LMG-HMG become minigun
or a HV-mod + firing selection change

Onion Man

• Omae
  • Internet is a proper noun, capitalize every time
« Reply #11 on: <07-10-11/1104:28> »
Is the 22 yr old hot? *eyeshift*

/smiteslap

You don't ask a father if their daughter is hot...
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"
Code: [Select]
Text over commlinkOrson "Pig" Fletcher

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <07-10-11/1208:14> »
i would say a HV-mod should do the job, FA weps become HV and LMG-HMG become minigun

That doesn't work, as per the sidebar on Arsenal, p. 26:
Only submachine guns and assault
rifles can be constructed as high-velocity weapons.

Machine guns are exempt, as written. The High Velocity mod refers back to that sidebar.

SirDelta

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <07-26-11/1017:50> »

That doesn't work, as per the sidebar on Arsenal, p. 26:
Only submachine guns and assault
rifles can be constructed as high-velocity weapons.

Machine guns are exempt, as written. The High Velocity mod refers back to that sidebar.

Instead of saying HV mod, just say "Oh, this to change it to a minigun,"  and make it cost the same for simplicity's sake.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <07-27-11/1915:13> »
You really can't turn a gun in to a minigun as an after-marker modifications, it needs to be build as one from the beginning and that's about few miles above the scope of the modding rules. 8)
"An it harm none, do what you will"