(1/2) > >>

Sly Shadow:
Taking opinions and suggestions on this build 400bp standard build

Steve,(Bash)
Archetype:Grunt
Troll (40BP)
Reach 1, Natural Armor 1,Thermographic Vision

Attributes (200 BP)
Body:9 (+2 damage resistance from Bone Lacing)
Agility:4(6)
Reaction:4( 8 )
Strenght:9(11)
Charisma:3
Intuition:2
Logic:2
Willpower:3
Essence:0,75
Initiative:6 (10),Passes 1(3)
Condition Monitor: Physical 13,Stun 10

Skills(118BP):
Athletics Skill Group:1(+3 from Synthacardium)
Unarmed Combat:4 +2 Brawling
Intimidation:4 +2 Physical
Etiquette:3
Perception:3 +2 visual (+3 visual,+3 Hearing from glasses and earbuds)
Pistols:4 +2 semi-automatic
Longarms:4 +2 shotguns
Negotiation:2

Knowledge:(12 free)
Seattle Street Gangs:4
Seattle Night Clubs:4
Arms Dealers:4

Language:
English

Qualities:(+5 BP)
Medium Day Job( Freelance Security Enforcer)+10
In Debt(Rank 1)+5
Toughness -10

(44 BP on Gear)
Gear:
Armor Jacket: 8/6, Nonconductivity Rank 6
Full Form Fitting Body Armor: +6/+2
Full SecureTech PPP : +2/+6
Fairlight Caliban: Response 4, Signal 5
Analyze 4, Browse 4,Command 2, Edit 4
Fake Sin:(rank4)
Fake Licence (4):Remington 990
Fake Licence (4):Ares Predator IV
Fake Licence (4):Aluminum Bone Lacing
Fake Licence (4):Wired Reflex
Fake Licence (4):Reaction Enhancers
Glasses(Rank4); Imagelink,Smartlink,Vision Enhancement (3),Vision Magnification
Earbuds(Rank1):Audio Enhancements (3)
Clothing
2 months Low Lifestyle

Vehicule:
Harley-Davidson Scorpion
Handling:+2 Acceleration:15/30 Speed:120 Pilot:2 Body:8 Armor:4 Sensor:1

Augmentation:
Aluminum Bone Lacing: +2 Body vs Damage Resistance,+1 Impact Armor,(Str/2+2)P melee damage
Wired Reflexes (2): +2 Reaction +2 Initiative Pass
Muscles Augmentation (2):+2 Strength
Muscle Toner( 2):+2 Agility
Synthacardium (3): +3 to athletics skill group
Reaction Enhancers (2): +2 Reaction cumulative with Wired Reflexes
Platelet Factorie: -1 damage received whenever suffering 2 or more dmg

Weapons:
Remington 990:
DV 7P, AP -1, Mode SA, RC (2), Ammo: 8(m),Shock Pad,Personalized Grip, External Smartgun System,10 Magazine worth of Standard Ammo

Ares Predator IV:
DV 5P, AP -1, Mode SA, RC -, Ammo 15 (c),Smartgun System, 3 Spare Clips, 4 Clips of standard Ammo

Shock Gloves: Reach-,DV 5S(e), AP -Half Armor

Dugan:(Fixer) ( Connection:4/Loyalty:4)

Final Armor: Ballistic:17/Impact:16 , Body:9 plus Aluminum Bone Lacing plus Toughness = 12 dices pool...plus Platelet Factorie -1 damage whenever suffering 2 damage or more

Glyph:
It's obvious that you are more interested in making an almost archetypal troll buiser than in min-maxing (no martial arts for an easy +3 damage, combat skills capped at 4, etc.).  The only thing unusual about him is the high etiquette skill, but I think it's good that he doesn't fit the troll stereotype in one way.

The only thing I would suggest changing is the Uneducated flaw.  It is something for people like neo-Luddites, barrens scavengers, and pinkskin tribes.  It is a crippling flaw for any character that uses tech, and it really doesn't fit someone who has lots of 'ware, a vehicle, a high-end commlink, a smartlink, fake IDs, and modded-out glasses and earbuds.

John Shull:
I had a problem embracing the Troll Grunt as a fun concept to play.  You hang out and wait for the fire fight all night and when its over you get stitched back up waiting for the next.  Having the Troll a charisma using as mentioned last post could work well.  Maybe you want to go a more Troll bouncer type than if he was being sponsered by a corp to be a living cyber ad.  Troll bouncer would be tough, physically imposing but with analytical and social skill sets.  The player would get a chance to plug into a run more with knowledge sets on entertainment, street, and maybe some shadow community. 

Contacts write themselves from dancers, bartenders, clubbers, fixers, street gangs, poparatzzi, BTL dealers, joygirls & boys, posers, nova rich, DJ's, entertainers, experienced shadowrunner, celebrities, maybe law enforcement and organized crime individuals.  Going with that a club wants a imposing but not scary doorman. 

So he will polish them up a bit with maybe cosmetic surgery, a good secure commlink, internal taser/ shock weapon, synthacardium still works, display link for the comm, vision magnification and lowlight, Reaction Enhancers are good, smartlink, muscle aug can go big here, tox screen or toxin remover of any stripe, and keep bonelacing if you think his sponser will want him doing some heavy lifting security wise. 

Skills should have a good close in fighting, a good cut down shotgun w/ smartgun link,  athletics, perception, maybe a extendable baton, but also add Negotation (beef his opposition skill to being fast talked), Et(Street/Club/or Corp) depending on where he works, emergency first aid, and keep the Intimidation beefed up.  He doesn't need the ride as much, get by on a min driving.  When people need his services they will find him a way there.  Knowledge skills may be in the entertainment biz, club scene, organized crime, area the club is at, pick a music, btl markets, smuggling tricks (sneaking things and people in) and security procedures (VIP). 

Having him uneducated fails here and I was having a hard time thinking anyone would put half a mil of gear in someone who couldn't read to begin with but everyone has a story right.  Day Job and In Debt work good as he is working his way out of debt for the Cyber.  He may even want to break into the business as a actor or Troll model.  He could see himself as the evil villian in the next Neil the orc barbarian flick.  He could also have a rival or enemy easily enough, maybe defending a contact at the bar or his boss. 

I obviously ran off the rails brainstorming on Bash but I think that was the part missing most in the character.  Dice pools aside it was a immediately forgettable character.  Just have a little more fun in concept.  Make B-Bash the gonna claw his way up out and into the lights Troll.  I have seen to many industrial refrigerator sized bullet magnets for this life time.  Only meant as a helpful suggestion and I do hope it was at least a little helpful.

Sly Shadow:
Gonne take that advice and find some other way of getting + 20 BP rather then undeducated...however i like to see that troll as maybe a ganger...or ex-military that does odd security jobs for some corps once ina while more like the latter..also like the negotiation suggestion..might drop a skill and etiquette by 1 to give him at least 2 points in there..as for the truk i just dont see a guy with that much gear going around on foot some maybe ill drop the truk and give him an Harley bike instead..keep em suggestion coming love em

Considering the Bouncer suggestion..but as a side job he would do to pay his debts ect and a a lil more nuyen at the end of the month

Triggvi:
I would trade out the wired reflexes for move by wire. You get the enhanced ip & reaction and skillwires. Add to that skillwire expert.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version