NEWS

The Neo-ANarchist Streetpedia is now available!

• 24 Replies

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« on: <06-12-19/1801:59> »
ALL IN!

They’re all here. Everyone of them. The legends, the liars, the betrayers, the winners, the craven, the brave, the powerful, the down-trodden. The people who leaked secrets and got killed for it, and the secrets that no one has discovered yet. The dark bargains, the shady deals, the desperate maneuvers. Everything that makes the Sixth World the high-revving nightmare machine its residents know too well is right here, between these two covers

The Neo-Anarchist Streetpedia is your definitive guide to the Shadowrun universe. With hundreds of entries, it covers corporations, shadowrunners, politicians, nations, cities, criminal organizations, and more. Even better, it gets to the point and tells you what you need to know now, so you can hit the streets a little smarter than you were when you woke up this morning.

The Neo-Anarchist Streetpedia is for use with whatever form of Shadowrun you play. Don’t play Shadowrun? Read this, learn about the Sixth World, and then find a game to dive into!

PDF from DriveThruRPG
PDF from CGL Store
Physical Copy + Free PDF via CGL Store

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #1 on: <06-12-19/1802:40> »
This was a fun book to work on.  Lots of excellent lore, background info, and bitching about the man. :)

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <06-13-19/0043:43> »
Here we go...

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #4 on: <06-15-19/1926:15> »
Just finished a read thru.  What an amazing resource, so hope this gets a sequel project.  Seeing posting from Saeletra put smirk on my face. One entry wasn’t able to recognize immediately Stardust.

Black Lodge got mysteriously short intro, only passing mention of mysterious Taco Temple and lots of horror Aztec mentions but no smoking mirror.  Plenty of words left out there for follow up product I’m sure.
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #5 on: <06-15-19/2258:43> »
Now the fun game of trying to guess which parts I wrote.   ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <06-16-19/0010:33> »
Just finished a read thru.  What an amazing resource, so hope this gets a sequel project.  Seeing posting from Saeletra put smirk on my face. One entry wasn’t able to recognize immediately Stardust.

Black Lodge got mysteriously short intro, only passing mention of mysterious Taco Temple and lots of horror Aztec mentions but no smoking mirror.  Plenty of words left out there for follow up product I’m sure.

If it sells well, we have a better chance of making more of 'em. I know that there's a TON of stuff I still want to cover, but, I'm also a madman, so.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #7 on: <06-16-19/0746:01> »
Seeing posting from Saeletra put smirk on my face.
:o :o :o Now I NEED to get this.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #8 on: <06-16-19/1033:50> »
I'd like to point out that the article on the Astral Space Preservation Society doesn't mention that Wuxing has bought them out. Which happened in Bloody Business. I realize everything we read in the Streetpedia should be taken with a grain of salt as it's an in-world article and unreliable narrator. But they mention Hestaby helping the ASPS and considering her current status I don't think she's able to really help much of anyone.

HP15BS

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <07-02-19/0729:45> »
So this is basically a lore-encyclopedia, but written from a neo-anarchist's pov?

If so, that sounds kinda cool.
But
Does it do a good job of detailing anarchist thought?  I imagine it'd be kinda hard to take anarchist philosophy (which tends to be focused on the coerciveness of govt) and modify it for the 6th world, which isn't really dominated by nation-states so much as megacorps.   ... But then again, I guess the sr megas have basically taken on many of the features of nation-states so... /shrug/.

But it should at least  include a fair amount of fluff on what neo-anarchist groups do, and how they relate to other groups, etc, right?
To Deckers the Foundation really is a crazy place from Alice in Wonderland. How does that stuff just happen? How do they work when everything about them defies logic?
Then a Techno comes, high 5's Caterpillar, takes a swig of Mad Hatter's tea, & wanders away chatting up White Rabbit.
- Marcus Gideon

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #10 on: <07-02-19/0946:33> »
At the very beginning, there's a large introduction that goes into detail about Neo-Anarchism.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #11 on: <07-02-19/1443:52> »
It is a decent encyclopedia of some of the big names in the Sixth World, written from a Neo-A bias. Still, I was hoping for more of a Loose Alliances kind of book, which was a treasure trove of potential plot hooks and character backgrounds from all walks of life.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #12 on: <07-02-19/1516:38> »
I already got it electronically but decided to bite the bullet and order it along No Future.

FLGS also asked me about every other Shadowrun product they can order. Including Sprawl Ops. I almost cried.  :'( One day PSI will stop screwing things up and I will get my game... Ahwell I already waited like two years since the playtest...
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <07-02-19/1946:30> »
Yeah, my FLGS often texts me questions realizing that I am often more in the know than Alliance, PSI, GTS, and the rest

Distribution really needs to grow up and advance with the rest of the industry. It is the one rung in the leader that is still VERY broken and holding back manufactures, publishers, retailers and other parts of the industry

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #14 on: <07-03-19/1752:38> »
I already got it electronically but decided to bite the bullet and order it along No Future.

FLGS also asked me about every other Shadowrun product they can order. Including Sprawl Ops. I almost cried.  :'( One day PSI will stop screwing things up and I will get my game... Ahwell I already waited like two years since the playtest...

Well, at least you are not as screwed as the EU.

I like this book a lot too, though I miss links to where more information is available even if dated [Would You Like To Know More?]

Google doesn’t offer that much. For instance where can I find information about Perianwyn’s captivity under Ghostwalker and his escape, just to name one?
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?