NEWS

So, how'd you find Shadowrun?

• 109 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #60 on: <09-27-11/1729:48> »
Dump truck full of sand down a hill.  Physics is never on your side.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #61 on: <09-28-11/0126:58> »
Nah. Got some ideas, hopefully I can pull them off without a hitch.  If I can it will be a glorius day.   Besides I really hate killing players.  At least without epic scenes.
Living the Electronic Dream

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #62 on: <10-26-11/1207:04> »
I found it by playing BattleTech. I didn't get into it at first because I wasn't into the cyberpunk look (80s ya know). Finally sat down last year and had fun playing.
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #63 on: <10-27-11/0101:33> »
Hey USDA, is it you or your character that's in Seattle?

Pyromaster13

• Omae
« Reply #64 on: <10-27-11/0443:28> »
I was an AD&D player beforehand, and I was looking into the new 4th edition books in Barnes & Nobles, to which I was sorely disappointed at the new system, my opinion at least.  And next to the AD&D books were the Shadowrun Books, so I took a look and thought 'Hey, this isn't a bad system, it's not like DnD where you act perfectly fine until you reach 1hp, you can die if you're stupid!'.  So yeah, now I am a Shadowrunner.

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #65 on: <10-27-11/1213:42> »
His character's in Seattle. We're all Michiganders. XP

I remember Dad picking up a shadowrun book at somepoint and drooling over the pic of an Elf biker bitch with a machine gun but never played it until last year with Dad, Doom, and Codac.
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #66 on: <10-27-11/1828:23> »
I found Shadowrun through my local gaming group. We were doing Hero System, and the DM asked if we wanted to try some Shadowrun for a change of pace. (Or maybe it was to give himself a break from my character, who was a shapeshifting dragon-type character with a personality like a six year old girl.)

That campaign was a lot of fun, and the (many) mistakes we made helped teach me a whole lot of things not to do. One of the other player's characters in the campaign was a magician who spent most of his time as a monkey via a shapechange spell. I drek you not.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #67 on: <10-28-11/0408:02> »
I actually found SR at the local Gaming Store - just happened to have some money, and the cover art (this was the SR2 BBB) really caught my eye. Read the blurb on the back, flicked through and looked at some of the art, and thought to myself - "yeah, this looks cool!"

Two years later, I had a group of friends that wanted to get into (and back into, in some cases) some gaming, and I had just re-read the book again, so I thought I'd give it a shot. And then, of course, the purchasing of sourcebooks began...

TennyJaden

• Newb
« Reply #68 on: <11-03-11/0628:00> »
It was quite funny how I found out about it.

It was during a period where there was no D&D group to play with me, so I derped around on all possible RPG pages and there where a couple of funny stories about other peoples games. And then there was one about a so-called "Shadowrun" in which guns, "troll-gangers", grenades and cars where all at once and I was like "WTF MoFo?" how come a troll drives a car? *5 minutes later, after looking Shadowrun up on Wikipedia* "Holy shit! Fantasy AND Cyberpunk, my two favourite ganres in one game?". And that's when I started getting the books :D

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #69 on: <11-03-11/1840:16> »
DM: "Mason, dodge 3!"
Mason: "4"
"Now dodge 5!"
"3"
"Soak 10!"
"Edging. soked 11."
DM facepalms.

Mason has only been hurt by a mundane opponent once. He took 2 stun from a bullet. The only other time he was injured was fighting an insect spirit, or from Drain. It doesn't hurt that the DM has terrible dice luck :D

Haha! Sounds like my mage there.... xD he's only ever knocked himself out, though I tend to dream a "little bigger" with a F12 being thrown out on occasion. xD

Found out from a friend. Didn't think I'd like it at first, though of course i was proven wrong for the second time. (the first one was being introduced to DnD the first time)
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #70 on: <11-03-11/2038:55> »
Heh. My first run, we were doing the run where you gotta get across Denver to deliver the treaty between the Koshari and the Mafia. At the place where the Yaks and Triads catch you, my combat mage got caught in the blast when the troll decided to throw a grenade into the middle of everyone. So I was hurt bad, natch. We come along later, and some go-gangers are on us. Well, deciding that we didn't have time for this, I laid down an Ice Sheet  in the middle of the road behind us. The gangers went flying every which way (one went through the window into a Troll nightclub), but my mage knocked himself out from the drain.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Xabulba

• Newb
  • E Pluribus Weirdum
« Reply #71 on: <11-04-11/0950:50> »
I first found Shadowrun huddled up under and overpass trying keep out of the rain. It was shivering, fur all wet and a forlorn look in it's big brown eye's. It looked so sad that my heart melted and I took it home with me and has been with me ever since.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #72 on: <11-07-11/2254:17> »
Um. That's not Shadowrun.

That's a bear.

-k

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #73 on: <11-07-11/2348:09> »

That's a bear.

-k
Shh! The dropbear is sleeping! If it want's to be called Shadowrun, then I'd call it Shadowrun too!

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #74 on: <11-07-11/2351:00> »

That's a bear.

-k
Shh! The dropbear is sleeping! If it want's to be called Shadowrun, then I'd call it Shadowrun too!

Well as long as it's not Pedobear...