NEWS

[SR6] Sixth World Core Book Errata File

• 106 Replies

KatoHearts

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <08-12-19/1427:34> »
Oh I've seen it, it may or may not be necessary to have a security based knowledge skill if you want to spot cameras or patrols with perception, the gang identification example was fine, the outdoors one makes no sense.
« Last Edit: <08-12-19/1429:35> by KatoHearts »

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <08-12-19/1519:45> »
Ratingx1d6 is pretty clear that you roll 1d6 and multiply it by the rating and I fail to see how it could be read as roll 1d6 [Rating] times and tally the result.

Have you ever met players?

Seriously though, it's a syntax thing.  It just needs a small change to be clearer. 

As to the rule itself, that's also the harshest reading of the rule, resulting in the most damage to a player after use.  Rating 3 pump is extremely brutal: 3|6|9|12|15|18.  On a 3, I am probably unconscious. Just for a single die coming up a 6, my character is pretty likely to be Soilent Green, moreso if I had any injuries onboard before that.  Extremely harsh just for a few turns of boost.  Much better to spend your nuyen on other "always on" items. 

It's a trap choice for gear.  Get it out of there or adjust the mechanic to use the much more interesting Conditions option instead.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <08-12-19/1526:28> »
If you're that worried about a rating 3 Adrenaline pump coming up a "6", you can change that via an Edge expenditure.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <08-12-19/1528:25> »
Just a heads up that besides errata and fixes to the text that will make it into future print runs

Should we infer from that there will be an update to the PDF for people who buy one?  If that were to be the case I would be much more interested in finding all the issues.  Without knowing that, it feels like folks who buy the first run just get hosed.

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <08-12-19/1533:15> »
I'm not in a position to say, but I can say that my prior experience with CGL's .pdfs is that yes when there's an updated copy you get it for free.  I buy my BT and SR stuff thru DriveThruRPG, and they even send you an email notice letting you know there's an updated version of a product you previously bought.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <08-12-19/1542:59> »
If you're that worried about a rating 3 Adrenaline pump coming up a "6", you can change that via an Edge expenditure.

To what, reroll a die that then also could come up a 6 again?  Can I buy it down somehow as a guarantee?  Maybe I am missing your intended option here.

This also assumes I have any Edge left after I go down.  If I had just burned it to do a whammy before passing out, I'm in the same boat. 

Again, "maybe" is not an acceptable mechanic here either.  Its trapware as written.  Bin it or fix it.  No one will be using it as written who thinks about it for more than a few minutes. 

Given the alternatives, would you ever build around it? 

Character is under stress (combat), blows the roll to not trigger it, goes HAM for a few rounds, botches the damage roll and has their eyeballs explode. If they die, roll up a new character.  If not, the whole team pays days worth of downtime tax for healing up from these failed rolls.

Serious?  This is supposed to be a viable choice for folks Because Edge Exists?   ???

Suffice to say, I disagree. 

topcat

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <08-16-19/1036:13> »
Added the attribute table (p.64) to my original post.  Designers might have intended a character with 6-7 attributes at 1 and none higher than 3 as an option for a Shadowrunner, so that might not be an error.  Even Attributes D barely qualifies as competent, matching a PR0 Humanis Goon.  With the example on the same page not lining up with the table, it seems likely that some errors were made.

Seems like a lot of the issues come down to an awful priority system in SR6 - particularly, but not exclusively, around magic attributes and adjustment points.  Ditching that for a karmagen or pointgen system would go a long way towards cleaning up the abortion that is SR6 chargen.  Hopefully this is in an errata, but if not it should be in the next rulebook released.
« Last Edit: <08-16-19/1037:56> by topcat »

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <08-28-19/1755:15> »
I hope you all are still checking the SR6 CRB Errata thread on Reddit, because it's still getting updated. 

Is this the official forum thread for submitting errata to the CRB?  I couldn't clearly find one.  Anyway, flamethrowers are missing from the gear section.  pg.117 has rules for spray attacks, pg.118 uses a flamethrower in the spray attack example, but there are no flamethrowers in the Gear section.  In fact, there are no weapons that would use the Spray Attack rules that I could find.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #23 on: <08-28-19/1758:14> »
I'd expect flamethrowers in expansion books. I don't think many of the errata team would go to reddit, it'd be much easier if people supplied their errata notes in these official forums. But I know there's a big list. =)
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #24 on: <08-28-19/2247:24> »
As far as I know, the errata team stays away from Reddit, since it's not a reliable source on anything.

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <08-28-19/2253:27> »
As far as I know, the errata team stays away from Reddit, since it's not a reliable source on anything.

I look in probably once a day, and regret it every time.

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <08-29-19/1114:54> »
I'd expect flamethrowers in expansion books.

Like, you personally would expect to see it in an expansion book, or it probably won't get errata'd  and just added to an expansion instead?  Because I expected the piece of gear used in the spray weapon example to be in the book where the spray weapon rules appear.  I don't think game writers are in the habit of including rules that they don't intend people to use.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #27 on: <08-29-19/1122:32> »
Like, 'they probably decided to cut the weapon and it definitely will be in the weapon book which iirc is next'.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #28 on: <09-07-19/0321:16> »
No listing for shotgun ammo? Should be same as rifles?
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #29 on: <09-07-19/1048:20> »
The only thing that I can find is on the top left of p256 where it says this:

If you’re not a fan of flechette shooters, load some Heavy Pistol rounds into a Roomsweeper...
#thistasergoesto11

Quote from: Tarislar
ArmTech MGL-12: Nothing says love like a 3 round burst of HE Grenade to hit something for 32P
Nuff said.  :-X