NEWS

What really happened.....? (Or, the official-unofficial drek)

• 95 Replies

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #45 on: <10-13-10/1458:49> »
Yeah, and you saw what kind of riff-raff got onto Shadowland, IEs and Dragons? Seriously? That place might as well have been a public node.  ;)
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #46 on: <10-13-10/1514:40> »
Yeah, and you saw what kind of riff-raff got onto Shadowland, IEs and Dragons? Seriously? That place might as well have been a public node.  ;)
It *was* a public node. Remember all the email addresses instead of handles in the later years?

Frostriese

• Chummer
« Reply #47 on: <10-13-10/1524:26> »
Of course it was a bit absurd what interest such personalities as Dunkelzahn, Hestaby, Celedyr, Masaru, Lofwyr, Nachtmeister, Schwartzkopf, Duke Jaromir of Pomorya, that Atlantean Foundation lady and Ehran the friggin Scribe had in some underground network. And yes, those all at some point left a comment.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #48 on: <10-13-10/1542:55> »
Of course it was a bit absurd what interest such personalities as Dunkelzahn, Hestaby, Celedyr, Masaru, Lofwyr, Nachtmeister, Schwartzkopf, Duke Jaromir of Pomorya, that Atlantean Foundation lady and Ehran the friggin Scribe had in some underground network. And yes, those all at some point left a comment.
Any more absurd than celebrities "tweeting" that they are filming a movie?

Frostriese

• Chummer
« Reply #49 on: <10-13-10/1557:27> »
Any more absurd than celebrities "tweeting" that they are filming a movie?

Yes. It would be a bit like those celebrities posting here on this forum, and revealing secrets here theyd never reveal elsewhere. This here is also an open forum, but still "closed" as in having a definite "border". Twitter hasnt, and besides most celebrity tweets are rather... inconsequential.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #50 on: <10-13-10/1648:30> »
Shadowland was a "hidden forum" for criminals. If you could find it you could post. I'm just saying alot of important "people" found it and for some reason decided to post on it rather than just monitor it.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #51 on: <10-13-10/1656:54> »
It was hidden in the beginning, but by the time of Crash 2.0, just about everyone could get into some part of it.

BlackMyron

• Newb
« Reply #52 on: <10-16-10/1743:15> »
 Also, some of them posted under alias (Hecate, especially) to spread information - or, more likely, misinformation.

Shadowland was a fairly powerful 'underground knowledge' resource.  Consider that the Universal Brotherhood, Tir Tairngire, Deus and Aztlan all went full-out to stop information from being posted there, and the true nature of the Chicago disaster also originated from there.

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #53 on: <10-22-10/0942:43> »
Also, some of them posted under alias (Hecate, especially) to spread information - or, more likely, misinformation.

Shadowland was a fairly powerful 'underground knowledge' resource.  Consider that the Universal Brotherhood, Tir Tairngire, Deus and Aztlan all went full-out to stop information from being posted there, and the true nature of the Chicago disaster also originated from there.

Case in point: 'Hecate' and 'Miss Tick' - the same person.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #54 on: <10-22-10/1000:40> »

Where'd you find this?

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #55 on: <10-23-10/0302:34> »

Where'd you find this?

[checking] Loose Alliances, pg 79. Also in Shadows of Asia, it's implied that Hecate knows the poster Elijah somewhat professionally.

Elijah is another of the Names I seem to have warm fuzzies for LOL.  I'll have to count them up one day.

Nomad Zophiel

• Omae
  • Zophiel by name. Nomad by profession.
« Reply #56 on: <10-23-10/0426:55> »

Shadowland was a fairly powerful 'underground knowledge' resource.  Consider that the Universal Brotherhood, Tir Tairngire, Deus and Aztlan all went full-out to stop information from being posted there, and the true nature of the Chicago disaster also originated from there.

So its more like Wikileaks with a comments section. Take the participation of big players in such a thing to mean what you will.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #57 on: <10-23-10/0943:58> »

So its more like Wikileaks with a comments section. Take the participation of big players in such a thing to mean what you will.
Like governments trying to get the site shut down? ;)

@Longshot: Thanks, omae!

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #58 on: <10-24-10/2024:56> »
You could say that Shadowland became a place where the big players in the sixth world could take potshots at one another by posting "secret information" and pointing poor shadowrunners at their foes operations or conspiracies.  I mean if I was a spy organization and wanted an operation shut down or disrupted.  I would post information on it or part of it on Shadowland and see what shook loose.  Hey I think I just got an idea for a game ;D

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #59 on: <10-25-10/1913:52> »
You could say that Shadowland became a place where the big players in the sixth world could take potshots at one another by posting "secret information" and pointing poor shadowrunners at their foes operations or conspiracies.  I mean if I was a spy organization and wanted an operation shut down or disrupted.  I would post information on it or part of it on Shadowland and see what shook loose.  Hey I think I just got an idea for a game ;D

Or Shadowsea seeing as my group is playing in 2072.