NEWS

IC: The Old Smoke CH2: Raiden, Lumen + Scawire

• 550 Replies

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #540 on: <10-30-13/1450:54> »
"Not a word of it mate but luckily I know the international sign for I need a pint."  Knives puts his up to his mouth as if holding a glass and tips towards him a few times.  "Mr. J didn't say much but it sounds like he'll have a set up for us.  I guess we'll see if we make it out of the Old Smoke."

<Hey Dunk, anything we can do to help?>
"Everything that is, casts a shadow" -Neil Gaiman.
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>
Knives Chapter 4 (5th edition) OOC: Pg 93.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #541 on: <10-31-13/1610:04> »
//Shitting hell. If that's what your boss can do at short notice then I'd hate to be on the wrong side of him. Get suited up if you're not already. These boys are going to be ready for us, so get ready to fight or bail over the side. Either way. be ready.//

The river was widening massively now, the Ancient tower of London fortifications to your left marking the old city boundaries. As it widened, the night breeze had whipped the water up into a fair chop, and Dunk opened the last of the throttle as the hull bounced and skipped off the tops of the waves. Moving around on deck was dangerous, one misplaced step at the wrong moment could end with an embarassing slip or a disastrous swim.
Dunk pointed the boat straight at beta span, a huge ARO displaying a pulsing red X showed that the shipping lane had been closed, but the gate behind it was only 75% shut. A huge tidal swell could be seen in the floodlighting  as the sea protested at man's arrogance at trying to keep it back through mechanical means. You were going to have a really rough exit, saying nothing of the legion of police presence along the barrier.

The glare of the explosion had died back and settled into an orangey-blaze. most of the building had come down, though one corner still stood. Several sirens could be seen peeling away from the shoreline towards the city, and a cone of light erupted from the sky, signifying that the airborne division had greater concerns than you right at this moment.

The twin engines screamed at maximum revs as you hurtled towards the ever narrowing gap

___Scawire____
ASTRAL BARRIER!!!
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Scawire

• Ace Runner
  • FightFightFight the endless Ninja Battle
« Reply #542 on: <10-31-13/1715:12> »
Great I have a barrier trying to drop the number of astral allies I have, best give the watchers a command. Mantis does his best to hold on for dear life not wanting to take a dip in the drink. Watchers one break left the other right make your way around the barrier it can only be so big. You too Spirit Man find a way to the other side, all three of you give me the heads up when you get there. Mantis gives his orders to the three astral allies hoping they will all be on the other side waiting for him. Guess there is one good thing about being a poor scott is I don't have any items I have to deactivate when I hit this barrier, and I have no spells going right now either. I hope I get my three friends back on the other side but if not I'll have to re summon some aid for this fun boat ride from hell.
Words,Thoughts,Matrix,Astral

Magic uses higher laws to over come lower laws.

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #543 on: <11-01-13/1832:53> »
Seeing the size of the swells around the closing gate Knives sheathes his blade and kneels down behind a bulkhead.  He plants one hand palm down on the deck and activates his Geeko Glove and draws his taser into the other.  *I should be able to hit at least a few of fuzz of the way through.  Bring it on fuckers!*
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #544 on: <11-04-13/1305:59> »
You barely have enough time to hunker down and prepare for the hit of the swell before you're on top of it.
The boat's engines roar as dunk squeezes the last remaining unharnessed power into your forward motion and the prow smacks into the white water, launching the bow upwards into the air with a huge spray of white briny water.
[spoiler]BOD + STR @ -2 please, knives ignore the -2 because of your gecko (they dont work well when wet but will cancel the negative mods)[/spoiler]
Semi-airborne, you feel a second hit - different to the first, tearing at your awakened side and determined to resist your escape.

MAG + CHA opposed test please, threshold= 6d6.hits(5)=3
All active spells, foci and spirits must roll force x2 (3) or face disruption
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #545 on: <11-04-13/1319:02> »
[spoiler]
Body 5 + Strength 5 = 10d6
10d6.hits(5)=1

Magic 5 + Charisma 2 = 7d6
7d6.hits(5)=2

Weapon Focus Force 1:
2d6.hits(5)=0

Why must you hate me so much IC? T_T
[/spoiler]
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>

Scawire

• Ace Runner
« Reply #546 on: <11-04-13/1428:25> »
[spoiler]
Body 4 + STR 3 = 7 -2 = 5
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4290894/ 1hit

Spirits I had are trying to go around the barrier.

[/spoiler]

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #547 on: <11-04-13/1631:57> »
____Mantis______
There was barely enough time for the spirits to heed the Spirit of Man's warning, scrambling as fast as they could through astral space to avoid imminent death, There was hardly time for concern, the kick of the impact sent you skywards, hurtling towards the back of the boat, impacting heavily against the stowage lockers. You feel warmth, stickiness running down the back of your neck.
[spoiler]resist 7P with BOD and IMPACT[/spoiler]
The second hit of the barrier kicks you even harder. It feels like being hit by a truck at full speed. The world spins and goes dark.
[spoiler]mag + cha (7d6.hits(5)=2) you impact into the barrier, filling your stun track.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]1 (2d6.hits(5)=2)1st one reacts quick enough and avoids the barrier
2 (2d6.hits(5)=0) doesn't react quick enough...
2 (2d6.hits(5)=0) and is vaporised!
spirits of man made the warning so gets out of the way[/spoiler]

___Lumen___
The boat's impact throws you skywards, before the gecko glove snags and finds a bite on the deck. Your body slams forcefully into the side railings, pivoting around your shoulder joint with your gecko'ed wrist as the anchor.
The nose of the boat dives downwards into the inrush current and a huge wave hits the boat, rolling over the deck.
Mantis wasn't so lucky, his hold on the railing releases, sending him backwards into the stowage area. The noise of the engines and waves drowns any screams of pain before it reached your ears.
A second impact crushes into your body, it felt like your soul was trying to force its way through something, but it didn't have the strength to fight the opposing forces. Face down on the deck with your body trailing from your gecko anchor, you give up the fight.
[spoiler]impacted into the barrier, filling your stun track. Weapon focus is disrupted.
resist 7P with BOD + IMPACT[/spoiler]
Everything goes dark.
« Last Edit: <11-04-13/1636:24> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Scawire

• Ace Runner
« Reply #548 on: <11-04-13/1809:42> »
[spoiler]
Ya me bad some reason I was thinking it only effected magical items like a ward not the mana barrier that knocks a rider off his bike. OPPS

Resist 7 P

Body 4 + impact 10 = 14
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4291064/ 6 hits 1 Physical Damage.

[/spoiler]

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #549 on: <11-04-13/1821:41> »
[spoiler]
Body 5 + Impact 10 = 15d6
15d6.hits(5)=4
3P taken.  Hopefully it won't matter much but that bumps my damage mods up to -3.
[/spoiler]
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #550 on: <11-05-13/1418:03> »
Lapsing in and out of consciousness, you feel your body rocking gently and an intermittent warmth, like a glow deep inside you.
You have no idea how long you were out for in-between your brief moments of lucidity. It could have been moments, it could have been days.....

END OF CHAPTER 2!!!!
Congrats guys, you survived (just!)

Knives, please add 12 Karma total
Mantis, please add 10 Karma total

don't worry about cash, we'll sort that out in CH3
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor