NEWS

Any news on Run Faster becoming legal?

• 59 Replies

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <02-17-15/1751:15> »
I doubt there'll be much complaints about what is and isn't allowed.. well, aside from the munchkins but they always find something to complain about anyway.

Personally.. and this is nothing but my own speculation, I think that Sum-2-10 will make it through, it's already balanced and restricted via the Priority system anyway. Sure it allows for more optimization, but there's still limitations to what it can do.

Karma Buy is maybe a bit more sketchy, it's the min-max's delight, it miiight be doable, but the characters will be quite different.

Life Module I doubt will stand much of a chance.. I've used it before and it can make some really crazy characters with radically different skill blocks to traditional characters.

Overall I doubt Karma Buy or Life Module will make the cut, simply because of how different the characters can be to Priority characters, it'll make the game harder to balance trying to fit those sorts of characters in or the more experienced players can just make easy mode characters build specifically to blast through missions without being held back by the restrictions of the Priority system. By that token I'm thinking Sum-2-10 should make the cut as it is based on the same character building foundations as Priority, so even with players messing around wit the Prioriy levels, they're still going to come out as Priority characters, and that's what Missions have been built around.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #16 on: <02-18-15/0846:36> »
LOL!
#thistasergoesto11

Quote from: Tarislar
ArmTech MGL-12: Nothing says love like a 3 round burst of HE Grenade to hit something for 32P
Nuff said.  :-X

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <02-18-15/1035:09> »
I fell that they will allow sum to 10 and disallow point buy and life mods

My reasoning is that they want to make the game available to new players. A poorly build priority runner is still going to be better than a poorly build karma or life mod. Also take into amount the amount of extra time those systems take to generate a runner and then think of those 4 hour Welcome to the Sixth World con slots where they help players make runners...
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #18 on: <03-14-15/0732:49> »
I think we will see Life modules, a selection of qualities, and maybe the basic set meta vairents (IE only the ones from current races).

Sum 2 10 may make it through, it's karma advantage isn't that high, but I have my doubts. We'll know soon though :D 
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #19 on: <03-14-15/1925:50> »
Per Bull's post we will know what is approved or denied by next Friday the 20th.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <03-15-15/0118:48> »
I'd be amazed if life modules is approved for missions.  I'd think it would be a nightmare for a GM at a convention to spot check a character made that way. 

Vandarl

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <03-19-15/1955:56> »
Hmmm, I guess since there is no updated FAQ up, then all of Fun Faster is mission legal tomorrow?   :)

8-bit

« Reply #22 on: <03-19-15/2000:16> »
Hmmm, I guess since there is no updated FAQ up, then all of Fun Faster is mission legal tomorrow?   :)

Quote from: Bull
Ok, all done.  Extraneous posts weeded out.  I'll keep this pinned for a while so folks can reference it.  Missions FAQ will be out by the 20th, no promises that it will be earlier, and I'm not willing to commit to saying what is and isn't allowed until it's all final, because stuff. :)  So don't bother asking.

Here is the topic where he posted this.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #23 on: <03-19-15/2002:44> »
Officially, nothing is allowed!  Muhuhahahahahahahaha!!!!

Vandarl, I guess you missed this post huh?
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Vandarl

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <03-19-15/2004:55> »
Opps. I did somehow manage to miss that one. Not that I lack faith in Bull, I have no doubt the hassles of dealing with us would wear a lesser Ork down.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #25 on: <03-19-15/2347:32> »
It's on Jason's desk awaiting his approval.  Funny enough, most of the FAQ items were implemented into the Run Faster update for Hero Lab a couple days ago :)

Quick n Dirty though for the big stuff people want to know:

Build Point/Karma Gen is allowed (Though it should be noted that, on average, characters come in a little less powerful than with Priority).

Sum to 10 is not allowed (Humans break this badly), and the Life Path system is disallowed.

All normal racial metavarients are allowed. 

None of the metasapients (Sprites, Naga, Centaurs, Changelings, etc) or the infected are allowed. Partly this is for story reasons, since a city like Chicago does NOT accept or embrace the "weird" after everything it's been through, so your average metasapient would end up driven out of town or flat out murdered, and partly because anything that's magical in nature (Especially dual natured) and even the slightest bit san or non-toxic will stay the fuck away from Chicago and it's constant painful background count.

Metasapients are allowed for Prime Runner characters, however.  So if you had one in Season 4 or earlier, you can recreate them just fine.

The rest is a crap shoot.  if it has a hard and fast rule to it taht can be easily incorporated into Missions, it'll likely be allowed.  If it gives you something for "nothing" (aka, a RP thing) or requires special RP stuff, it's likely disallowed.

I should hopefully have this for you later tonight or sometime tomorrow afternoon.  Soon as Jason signs off, I'll put into Dropbox and post the links.

8-bit

« Reply #26 on: <03-19-15/2357:47> »
None of the metasapients (Sprites, Naga, Centaurs, Changelings, etc) or the infected are allowed. Partly this is for story reasons, since a city like Chicago does NOT accept or embrace the "weird" after everything it's been through, so your average metasapient would end up driven out of town or flat out murdered, and partly because anything that's magical in nature (Especially dual natured) and even the slightest bit san or non-toxic will stay the fuck away from Chicago and it's constant painful background count.

Not to mention the Flourescing Astral Bacteria that will literally eat them alive.

Thanks for the update Bull.

halflingmage

• Chummer
« Reply #27 on: <03-20-15/0012:13> »
It's on Jason's desk awaiting his approval.  Funny enough, most of the FAQ items were implemented into the Run Faster update for Hero Lab a couple days ago :)

Quick n Dirty though for the big stuff people want to know:

Build Point/Karma Gen is allowed (Though it should be noted that, on average, characters come in a little less powerful than with Priority).

Sum to 10 is not allowed (Humans break this badly), and the Life Path system is disallowed.

All normal racial metavarients are allowed. 

Metasapients are allowed for Prime Runner characters, however.  So if you had one in Season 4 or earlier, you can recreate them just fine.

The rest is a crap shoot.  if it has a hard and fast rule to it taht can be easily incorporated into Missions, it'll likely be allowed.  If it gives you something for "nothing" (aka, a RP thing) or requires special RP stuff, it's likely disallowed.

I should hopefully have this for you later tonight or sometime tomorrow afternoon.  Soon as Jason signs off, I'll put into Dropbox and post the links.

Thanks for the update bull, I have been wanting to see how this came out.

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #28 on: <03-20-15/0243:54> »
I'm surprised by this.  I didn't think Humans broke S2T anymore with Edge/SP being involved.
I mean I'm an Elf in my current game and I'd use it just for variety.
Mostly though I just see any human as loosing 45-65 Karma by dropping their meta from 2-1 or 1-0.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <03-20-15/1104:09> »
Anyone building a human could go ABBEE or AACEE and build a pretty badass cyberzombie that still has 3 edge.  Other metatypes just can't squeeze as much out of the S2T system just because of their restricted choices on the metatype column.