Catalyst Game Labs > Errata

Data Trails Errata

(1/9) > >>

Triskavanski:
Well getting this started here quickly. There's one I've noticed already,

Misread Marks
Duration is Permanent however it says it lasts a certain period of time. As far As I know there is nothing out there that is permanent but temporary in this sort of fashion. I believe the complex form is actually suppose to be Duration Instant, similar to a number of other effects (Such as Derezz, Transcend Grid) that have a specific duration.

Derezz
Perhaps not an error, but as written it states it does 1 box of matrix damage per net hit, similar to Resonance spike, but for the cost of 2 fade the one point of firewall loss is pretty weak. Perhaps it was suppose to do 1 box of matrix damage and one point of firewall loss per net hit.

MMRI: This is just a reprint of MoM with some added clarification to exclude the datajack and datacable. One other other should obliviously be something else, like how Authoritative Command was printed twice, with different rules, and slightly similar effects.

JackVII:
I'll just copy mine over from the other thread...

(p. 180) Illegal Actions on p. 180 states failed Attack actions now alert the owner of the target icon. Only failed Sleaze actions explicitly caused this alert in the past.

(p. 182) The final game information box of the cybercombat scenario has a few issues.

1) The security spider uses Edge for Second Chance. It notes that he gets seven successes, but Second Chance doesn't act as a limit breaker. With his Attack attribute of 4, he would have been limited to 4 successes.

2) In that same paragraph, it appears Haywire only resists the spider's Data Spike with the initial opposed test, but doesn't roll the Matrix Damage resistance. I'm not 100% sure on that since it states she resists with Willpower, but that isn't used for any part of the Data Spike test, either the opposed test or the matrix damage test (It would be used to resist Biofeedback damage, but that doesn't come up). I think Armor and Shell are only applicable to the Matrix Damage resistance test in this scenario, so maybe that's what she rolled?

3) I also think Haywire is doing too much damage in the final paragraph. Her Attack attribute is 5, she has a MARK on the spider (+2), and three net hits (+3) for a total DV of 10. While she was running Hammer and Decryption at one point in time, she had Configured her deck for defense before she made the final attack.

JackVII:
p. 178: Under Simple Matrix Actions, both Matrix Perception and Matrix Search list the limit for their respective tests as [Device Rating] instead of [Data Processing].

Triskavanski:
I wonder if simple matrix actions means the things.. are simple actions. Or just actions that are easy to use (But are still complex actions.)

Malevolence:
In the advanced programs, ones based off of autosofts (Abduction, Spotter, WTLM) have the limitation "The [base program] rating must be at least as high as the AI's Depth". This means that an AI with a Depth of 7 (obtainable with Exceptional Entity) or more can no longer use these Advanced programs since the maximum program rating is 6. Is this the intent?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version