NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

8-bit

« Reply #795 on: <01-09-15/0217:45> »
Initiative (Intuition 3 + Reaction 6 + 2d6): 9+2d6 16 [5, 2]

I'm assuming it isn't a stretch to say that Chino started moving the RV forward as soon as he heard the call start to go south. He'll be moving this behemoth along the route that Katsina showed.

IC incoming.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #796 on: <01-09-15/0225:09> »
Forgot the agents initiative.
Agent's Initiative 11+4d6: 4d6+11 26
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #797 on: <01-09-15/0226:31> »
Haven't checked the vehicle rules in a while, so if there's anything I can do to try and boost the Acceleration and/or Speed (although Chino doesn't want to crash the damn thing ... he already did that once), then I'll want to do that.

Going to wait until tomorrow though.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #798 on: <01-09-15/1624:31> »
Is there a roof hatch in the RV?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #799 on: <01-09-15/1641:36> »
Yes, there is a roof hatch, although it is not easily accessible. It looks like it is intended to be use as an emergency exit (say, if the RV is tipped over on its side) rather than to access the roof. There's no ladder up to it or anything like that.

The interior ceilings of the RV are about 3 meters, which may or may not leave Sam's head (or horns) brushing the ceiling. Ace could theoretically sit on Sam's shoulders to shoot out the hatch, but good luck trying to dodge anything that comes back in your direction.

Trying to get some work done at the office. I should be able to advance things later this afternoon.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #800 on: <01-09-15/1929:14> »
Agent: 26 (hold action, pending instructions)
Silent Device: 21
Ace: 17 (hold action)
Chino: 16 (hold action)
Ohanzee: 12 (hold action)
Doc: 11
Agent: 11 (act on held action)

Silent device is ignoring you and paying attention to Nately Sr's commlink. None of my online dice rollers are working at the moment so you'll just have to trust me.

Mystery action: 3 hits
Nately Sr's commlink: 7 hits

Doc acts on 11, sending his alert to the group, his instructions to the agent, and then going VR.

Agent: 5 hits
Silent Device: 2 hits

@Zweiblumen, per the Changing Initiative rules on p. 160 you should roll your additional dice and add them to your total.

Everyone else can take an action if they want, although I'm imagining most of this will be confined to myself and Zweiblumen for now. Zweiblumen, after you've made your roll we can continue to the second pass.

IC incoming.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #801 on: <01-10-15/0433:17> »
Change in intiative (3+3d6): 3d6+3 15
I'm now at action 16?  (11 - 10 + 15?)

Roll for agent to perceive the Icon:
Agent's Matrix Perception on hiden icon Rating(6)*2+2 for all rolls = 14: 14d6t5 7 (limit 6)

Should have read the IC post first.
« Last Edit: <01-10-15/0435:32> by Zweiblumen »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #802 on: <01-10-15/2024:25> »
@Zweiblumen
Let's go ahead and do the second initiative phase. It's possible the others could intervene but it seems unlikely.

CT1 IP2
Agent: 16
Doc: 15
Novatech Navigator: 11

I believe Doc's current configuration is:
Agent, Decryption, Encryption, Mugger
A: 7(8 ) S: 4 D: 6 F: 5(6)

Go ahead and roll for your Agent and Doc.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #803 on: <01-10-15/2217:15> »
@Zweiblumen
Let's go ahead and do the second initiative phase. It's possible the others could intervene but it seems unlikely.

CT1 IP2
Agent: 16
Doc: 15
Novatech Navigator: 11

I believe Doc's current configuration is:
Agent, Decryption, Encryption, Mugger
A: 7(8 ) S: 4 D: 6 F: 5(6)

Go ahead and roll for your Agent and Doc.

Yes, that's his config... It ended up two pages back, I should have re-posted it again.  Sorry about that.

CT1 IP2
Agent: Hold action (waiting for further instructions I'm assuming.  I should have told him to do something after scanning it :()
Doc:
Complex Action: Brute Force Mark 2 marks (Log 9 + CC 6 + VR 2 - Wounds 1 - two marks 4 = 13): 13d6t5 6 (limit 8)

I need to figure out how to get the agent to do something else useful :(  Need a spare simple action to send it a command via Send Message.  I'll be smarter about it *next* fight, assuming I'm alive.  Though the last time I had it get really involved, I regreted it... I guess going full defense would be the smart thing to do.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #804 on: <01-10-15/2239:02> »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no physical threat right now that Sam ought be reacting too, correct?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #805 on: <01-10-15/2300:03> »
Correct. No one else really knows what is up.

Zweiblumen, the agent will continue with its previous instructions until informed otherwise. We can use the roll you made previously prior to realizing that I had already rolled.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #806 on: <01-10-15/2317:23> »
Re: roof hatch, it sounds like an easy jump for Ace, or Sam can just stand I. Tippy-toes. Cool. Just so long as we have a way to lay down fire on our 6.

Upon hearing "matrix threat," Ace will want whoever is holding Nately comms to shut them down, and will examine his own comm to see if any MARKs are on it.

The comms we got from the hunters are currently off, right?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #807 on: <01-11-15/0120:18> »
Hunters comms should be off.  AFAIK no one is being protected by Doc except for Ohanzee and maybe Ace's.  I can't remember.  I'm pretty sure Chino and Sam cut me off after the stunt I pulled and Kat never gave me access.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #808 on: <01-11-15/0125:27> »
Hunters comms should be off.  AFAIK no one is being protected by Doc except for Ohanzee and maybe Ace's.  I can't remember.  I'm pretty sure Chino and Sam cut me off after the stunt I pulled and Kat never gave me access.

Ace has shut down and rebooted his comm a number of times, so he's probably on his own right now. With everything slaved to his transys Avalon he should be ok, but it beer hurts to check.

Also, since Ace's plans are pretty boring right now I'm gonna refrain from an IC post until I have more to add.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #809 on: <01-11-15/0146:43> »
Turning off wireless is a Free Action, but it is up to the GM how many of those you get per IP (usually one, and I don't see why this would be an exception). So far, my IP 1 is
CT 1 IP 1
Free - Talk
Simple (converted to Free) or Free - Text
Simple (converted to Free) - Turn off wireless on Mrs. Nately's biomonitor
Possibly another Simple Action if allowed a second Free Action

CT 1 IP 2
Free - Turn off wireless on Mr. Nately's biomonitor
Simple or Complex (not sure) - look for other items on the bodies to turn off wireless for.
The rest of this pass depends on the result of the previous action and whether it is a Simple Action or not.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral