NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #465 on: <12-17-14/1533:16> »
IC up, with fun revelations. If Ohanzee knew about the blood in the fridge, he'd probably have more suspicions that the purpose for the artifact and their infection were related, but that train of thought should be pretty obvious to anyone else once that info is made available.

@Tecumseh - What kind of rolls do you want for the sequence of tasks outlined in the first paragraph of the IC?

ETA: Dolphin is still my favorite spirit to write for, but I'm really liking Celestial Raven for the number two spot. It's fun to write the wry, highly intelligent know it all. It's even more fun because he enjoys causing frustration.
« Last Edit: <12-17-14/1535:20> by Malevolence »
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #466 on: <12-17-14/1601:01> »
Shopping list updated with cost, availability, and delivery time, separated by recipient.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #467 on: <12-17-14/1603:09> »
Having already given Ace his Credstick, Doc would like the nicer clothes, cuz money comes and money goes :P

If Ohanzee needs some cash, Doc will help out with anything that Ohanzee thinks is important, so spend away.  Again, Doc sees money as a very transient thing.  He doesn't have enough to get a decent SIN, so he's not plused either way.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #468 on: <12-17-14/1645:34> »
I'm making the assumption that we are retconning the handing of the credsticks to Ace and will just be transferring Nuyen to him as needed.

But, if you are willing to bankroll the Fly Spy, that'd be great, but it's 2k¥ on its own, and you are 225¥ down from the 1970¥ you had to start. I'm hoping Ace and Katsina are covering the cost of clothes. Ohanzee has 80¥ left that he can pitch in, but that still leaves us at 175¥ shy.

Let me make the suggestion for it IC (apparently I didn't do that yet) and see what people say - if anyone remembers they can fly one, that would be great, otherwise it'd likely just be community property (probably will anyway).

It'll be handy for getting a closer look at Gloria (or what's left of her). If we can rig lights to it, we could send it out after sundown and I could have a spirit materialize and turn her body over so we could check for other missing body parts (and give Tecumseh more fun writing opportunities!)

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #469 on: <12-17-14/1806:04> »
@Mal: Your IC post says, "He relays his thoughts to the team". Is Ohanzee sharing details of his thinking or just the fact that he's had an epiphany? I'm trying to figure out how much Katsina can respond to.

Tests, if I'm understanding them correctly:
1. Assensing - you can assense the artifact with a normal roll
2. Touching - you can roll Perception (Touch) if you want
3. Spellcasting - you can cast Mind Net if that is your intent

Very nice job on the shopping list. We can retcon the physical credsticks but not the cred transfers because Katsina doesn't have enough to cover the clothes shopping prior to Ace finding his credstick. (And said credstick isn't public knowledge yet.)

Sounds like Doc is upgrading his wardrobe from ¥200 to ¥500. Ace and Katsina can return their purchases to save some nuyen if they can get back to the store.

Medkits were on the shopping list too, or resupplies for the current medkits. If the team wants a new medkit then we'll have to pick a rating.

As people hear Ohanzee's suggestion to purchase an MCT Fly-Spy, everyone realizes that they have Pilot Aircraft 0.

Good news: Fly-Spies (or a locally produced competitor) and other non-restricted drones are 20% off due to PCC's position as a market leader in tech and electronics.
Bad news: A Fly-Spy does not have the range to fly 50km round-trip through the mountains in winter weather conditions. Even if it did, the Noise and Static Zone modifiers would be off the charts (10+).

@rednblack: Ace's walking rate is 9m/turn so you don't technically have to run if you want them to close the distance. You can walk (ok, "speed walk") without spending an action. That liberates your Free action to send a message to Katsina, which in turn gives you another Simple if you want it.

We don't have to stay in initiative. We can abstract the rest of the sequence.

@Zweiblumen: Go ahead and continue your hack. Getting slapped with a mark doesn't seem to be earning you any extra attention. Perhaps the commlink owner is otherwise engaged at the moment.

@Poindexter & 8-bit: How's that code coming along?

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #470 on: <12-17-14/1821:59> »
I can't think of anything else to use a Sple Action on. I don't want to spool them by drawing a weapon. If they're going to follow me and I can easily keep ahead of them is it ok if I RP losing them in the back streets, or are there more surprises coming down the pipe?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #471 on: <12-17-14/1833:44> »
@Mal: Your IC post says, "He relays his thoughts to the team". Is Ohanzee sharing details of his thinking or just the fact that he's had an epiphany? I'm trying to figure out how much Katsina can respond to.
Sorry, it was my shorthand so I didn't have to retype his whole thought process. Assume anything that happened in the astral and in his head up to that point in the post is IC knowledge for the team, at least in broad strokes.

Tests, if I'm understanding them correctly:
1. Assensing - you can assense the artifact with a normal roll
2. Touching - you can roll Perception (Touch) if you want
3. Spellcasting - you can cast Mind Net if that is your intent
1. Yes, basically, but this might qualify as an extended test as he intends to spend at least a few minutes, perhaps as much as an hour, examining it.
2. This is mostly to see if the artifact has some touch effect, but also for a more involved physical examination (all previous examinations took pains to not come in contact with the object and therefore might have had limited access to certain portions of it). This would be a follow on to the physical examination mentioned for step one.
3. Yes, exactly.

Rolls inc:
Assensing Artifact [Intuition 4 + Assensing 4 - Wounds 1]: 7d6t5 3 - let me know if I can gain any bonus or additional rolls for spending additional time on the examination
Perception on Artifact [Perception 3 + Intuition 4 - Wounds 1]: 6d6t5 3 - same as above
Casting Mindnet, Extended (force 1, using centering) [Magic 6 + Spellcasting 5 + Power Focus 2 - Wounds 1]: 12d6t5 4 Limit is 1
Resist Drain [WIL 6 + CHA 6 + Centering 1]: 13d6t5 3 vs. 2 drain, so no damage taken.

Very nice job on the shopping list. We can retcon the physical credsticks but not the cred transfers because Katsina doesn't have enough to cover the clothes shopping prior to Ace finding his credstick. (And said credstick isn't public knowledge yet.)
I did not account for the cost of clothing at the time. I had 680¥ on my credstick and expected to spend at leat 600¥ of it, so I have no problem giving them the whole thing, but my contribution towards clothing and party shared items will be minor at best. So he would have declined clothing if it wasn't being covered. The discovery of Ace's credstick might change that if Ace is being generous, but the plan really is still for Ohanzee to not leave the house unless fecal matter meets fan, so while a change of clothes would be nice, I don't think it is mission critical for him.

Medkits were on the shopping list too, or resupplies for the current medkits. If the team wants a new medkit then we'll have to pick a rating.
Updating now.

As people hear Ohanzee's suggestion to purchase an MCT Fly-Spy, everyone realizes that they have Pilot Aircraft 0.

Good news: Fly-Spies (or a locally produced competitor) and other non-restricted drones are 20% off due to PCC's position as a market leader in tech and electronics.
Bad news: A Fly-Spy does not have the range to fly 50km round-trip through the mountains in winter weather conditions. Even if it did, the Noise and Static Zone modifiers would be off the charts (10+).
Bleah and double bleah. It could still be useful for things besides Gloria's body and it has a pilot of 3 for 6 dice on its own, so as long as we don't make it do anything tricky, we should be good. But that's up to the folks that have money.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #472 on: <12-17-14/1842:54> »
@Zwieblumen, Tecumseh: Not sure how many refills we wanted, so I went with 4. Let me know if that needs to be adjusted.

ETA: Medkit refills.
« Last Edit: <12-17-14/1848:33> by Malevolence »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #473 on: <12-17-14/1846:29> »
@Rednblack, go ahead and lose them in the back alleys.

@Malevolence, I'll get an IC response for you later tonight.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #474 on: <12-17-14/2030:13> »
we've at least 2 medkits, I'd like two for mine, so that works for me.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #475 on: <12-17-14/2031:51> »
@Zweiblumen: Go ahead and continue your hack. Getting slapped with a mark doesn't seem to be earning you any extra attention. Perhaps the commlink owner is otherwise engaged at the moment.

I've been /wifed for the evening.  Gotta put the time in :)  I'll get that post up either late tonight or once I get into the office tomorrow morning.

8-bit

« Reply #476 on: <12-17-14/2107:13> »
Chino's credstick (or transfer, whatever we retconned to) has 2,300 nuyen on it. Spend as much as necessary, survival is more important than money at this point.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #477 on: <12-17-14/2310:30> »

We've gone over the limited information we have and have come to the conclusion that we ship guns to whoever this "mom" is. We also noticed it's odd that her last message is 5 minutes later than her previous messages. Beyond that, we got nothing.

Utterly fucking stumped here.

I feel like you and Ryo have been hanging this thing in front of my face for weeks now, just waiting for me to notice it and put everything together, but i just aint seein it. From my angle, I've got one light blue puzzle piece here and I've got a limited time to try and tell someone what its a picture of and there will be unknown consequences if/when i get it wrong. I'm frustrated as hell.

I was awful at Myst.
« Last Edit: <12-17-14/2326:18> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #478 on: <12-17-14/2328:01> »

We've gone over the limited information we have and have come to the conclusion that we ship guns to whoever this "mom" is. We also noticed it's odd that her last message is 5 minutes later than her previous messages. Beyond that, we got nothing.

Basically, what Pointdexter said.

I mean, we think we've deciphered the first message from "Frank" (Uncle Sam) to Mom, and maybe half of the first reply from Mom. I mean, we have some ideas, but there's really nothing to match it to for verification on which interpretation is correct. So, 1/6 messages deciphered; new record!

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #479 on: <12-17-14/2339:47> »

Basically, what Pointdexter said.

I mean, we think we've deciphered the first message from "Frank" (Uncle Sam) to Mom, and maybe half of the first reply from Mom. I mean, we have some ideas, but there's really nothing to match it to for verification on which interpretation is correct. So, 1/6 messages deciphered; new record!

Really, we didnt decipher anything. We could have learned everything we learned just from Chino's memory.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english