NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #360 on: <12-12-14/1359:43> »
Rolls for the illusion spell:
Trid Phantasm (exploding coffee pot, force 3) [ Magic 6 + Spellcasting 5 + Power Focus 2 - Wound 1]: 12d6t5 5 Limit 3
Resist Drain [WIL 6 + CHA 6]: 12d6t5 4
No damage taken.

ETA: Drain for Trid Phantasm is Force, so resist is vs. 3 drain.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #361 on: <12-12-14/1419:42> »
It might not be too conspicuous to have Ace and Katsina use the jet ski to get around town - this is a vacation spot after all.

Using a jet ski to get around town would be awesome!!! But probably conspicuous.

The snowmobile or the ATV might work better.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #362 on: <12-12-14/1423:15> »
Can Doc drive the car back to the garage without using grid guide?  If he can, awesome!  Would have saved a lot of trouble with the Van if he could have done that.

And I just want to be sure that I understand Ohanzee correctly.  Does he want Doc to move a car through the snow into the garage attached to the house we are staying in?
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #363 on: <12-12-14/1425:30> »
Doc can drive without using grid guide, yes, but he would have to use his (nonexistent) Pilot Groundcraft skill. Given the weather and road conditions, that might require some Edge.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #364 on: <12-12-14/1430:26> »
Posted another IC, as I had missed something. Sorry for further screwing up the sense of continuity here
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #365 on: <12-12-14/1434:44> »
@Tecumseh - Jet ski blunder fixed. Heh.

@Zweiblumen - Yes, the garage for the house we are in, but that plan I think is scrapped now - we will use the vehicles already in the garage for our (Ace and Kat) around town vehicle. The motorhome can stay where it is until we need it, and the decoy vehicle should head directly to the next nearest town.

But, if we were still going with that plan, using GG would not be a problem if the vehicle won't be reported missing for a while. By the time they decide to look into where it has been, we'll have moved on. And Doc could probably wipe its location history anyway.

Spending some of your karma on Pilot Ground Vehicle might be a good option considering how often it comes up. Unless you are saving it for a specific purchase. I don't want to tell people how to develop their characters, but I hope constructive input is appreciated. If not, just let me know.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #366 on: <12-12-14/1438:53> »
@Malovolence, noooo! why did you fix it. lame.

Zweiblumen, being a Chapter 2 addition to the game, has not earned any karma yet. So sad. I might consider a loan if he asks for it.

Working on an IC post for Katsina, trying to make sure I cover everything.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #367 on: <12-12-14/1711:10> »
Seeing Ohanzee's illusion, and listening to Sam's barbs about her mask, reminds Katsina that she has the Physical Mask spell.

Next steps
It sounds like a plan is coming together. Please give me a broad overview of what you expect your PC to be doing for the next 4-6 hours. Go ahead and do your rolling too if there's something you know your PC is going to do. I am conscious that this might be a RP-lite segment for some characters. In an effort not to leave players stranded for weeks while others go about their business, I may fast-forward certain elements of RP.

For example, Katsina intends to:
1) do some tailoring
2) do some preparations/casting
3) go into town with Ace, on ATV or in town car
4) do some exploring
5) buy some supplies (if requested)

Katsina tailoring: Intuition 6 + Artisan 2: 4 hits. Katsina's quite the seamstress.
Heal preparation with Touch trigger @ F5: 5 hits
Increase Strength preparation with Touch trigger @ F4: 4 hits
Soaking 3 Drain twice: 5 hits and 4 hits, no drain

Spellcasting Physical Mask @ F5 : 5 hits
Spellcasting Detect Enemies @ F4 : 7 hits, limit 4
Soaking 4 Drain twice: 5 hits and 4 hits, no drain

Katsina is on a good streak: 43 hits on 110 dice, for 39%. That said, she'll be enjoying -4 from sustaining penalties. Ace better treat her like a ditzy trophy wife because she won't be capable of much more.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #368 on: <12-12-14/1828:58> »
So these are the concequences as I see them for stealing a car and bringing it to the garage as I see it.  Please lemme know if any of these interpretations of the way things work are wrong.
1) I burn at least 1 edge in driving it here
2) We leave very large physcial markers that we are here (the snow tracks)
3) We leave a trace in Grid Guide that we are here
4) if I try to hack grid guide and succeed, we are good to go.
4b) if I fail, I'll probably be out of commision and bringing the heat down on me.

Mal, tell me what to roll, and I'll roll it.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #369 on: <12-12-14/1858:00> »
We probably need street clothes, so let's have Katsima get basic measurements and f we can get a list of who needs clothes we'll pick those up. Med kits are a great idea. Ace and Katsina should also check around for clinics.

Let's do the car service route.

I'm AFB at the moment.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #370 on: <12-12-14/1859:35> »
Dolphin has had about 5 hours of searching. Does it have anything to report? I think its about time to bring in White Raven again.

Ohanzee would like to find out where we stole the artifact from, so he'll start by checking the location history on his commlink, unless someone has tried this already. Also, he'll astrally travel to Gloria's house (stealthily) and see the crime scene for himself.

Here's his general plan for the day so far.

1. Check in with Dolphin
2. If Dolphin is making good progress, let him continue
3. If Dolphin doesn't look like he is making progress, send him on his way and summon White Raven before Ace and Kat leave (at force 7 - ouch! - so that it can protect the artifact too?)

4. Check location history on commlink
4b. Find Ballistic Mask and Binocs

4c. Shopping for party
5. Check out Gloria's place from the astral (and body)

6. Maybe discretely check out the physical addresses of other contacts from the astral (and Ohanzee's residence if known)
7. Deep analysis of the artifact
 a. Assense the artifact, looking for the signature of the infection present in the team
 b. Have Sam or Chino ready to react in case Something Bad Happens
 c. Touch the artifact
 d. Cast Mindnet Extended (force 1) with the artifact
 e. Attempt communication with the artifact

ETA: Updating list Green is complete, red is changes
« Last Edit: <12-16-14/1634:05> by Malevolence »

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #371 on: <12-12-14/1905:41> »
So these are the concequences as I see them for stealing a car and bringing it to the garage as I see it.  Please lemme know if any of these interpretations of the way things work are wrong.
1) I burn at least 1 edge in driving it here
2) We leave very large physcial markers that we are here (the snow tracks)
3) We leave a trace in Grid Guide that we are here
4) if I try to hack grid guide and succeed, we are good to go.
4b) if I fail, I'll probably be out of commision and bringing the heat down on me.

Mal, tell me what to roll, and I'll roll it.

We're not bringing a car to our garage anymore. Your tasks (if we proceed this way) would be

1. Repair your deck (not sure about matrix overwatch during this period because I think the deck is disabled while being repaired)
2. Snag a random car (that won't be missed for a couple hours so that it can make it to the next town, but that will be missed soonish) and send it in GG autopilot to the next town. We want this car found and soonish so that our pursuers think we stole it to travel to the next town.
3. Research - artifact, infection, our past, in roughly that order (the artifact alone should take the rest of day one at least)
4. Overwatch duties and smaller task as demanded along side the research

We will be using the motorhome when its time to leave, but there is no need to do anything except maybe run a matrix perception on it so that you are prepared to hack it when the time comes.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #372 on: <12-12-14/1951:03> »
Anyone have any idea how I'd know if a car would be missed or not?

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #373 on: <12-12-14/1958:40> »
And I've already made the rolls for that, so we'll be without overwatch for 1 hour.  Wasn't able to shorten that.  That said we should be g2g.

Once I'm done with that, I'll put the agent back on keeping an eye on things and start doing the research:
Here's my roll for the artifact:
Matrix Search on Artifact Pushing the limit Computer(5) + Intuition(4) + Ganglia (1) + VR(2) - Wounds(1) + Edge(7)= 11: 18d6h5 5
And that burned a point of edge and spent 12 hours to miss the threshold.  Fun.

Sorry guys... I blew Doc's usefullness for the day.  Once everyone else gets stuff up for IC, I'll post that he goes to the office and does fun stuff chasing his tail in VR.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #374 on: <12-12-14/2012:09> »
Wow, brutal roll. One of those hits was even from an exploding 6.

Rolling for Dolphin's search extended test: 32 hits (subtracting one die each roll)

Dolphin finds what remains of Gloria Winters. Her body is in the middle of the mountains about 20km northeast of Aspen.