NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #255 on: <12-05-14/1920:39> »
Just in case it wasn't clear, the last line of my previous IC post means that Ohanzee remains awake for a few minutes after his communication so that he can respond to any immediate questions or comments from the team before going radio silent. I bring it up simply because none of the characters have voiced any thoughts about it (Sam and Katsina have a thought, but don't share it), so I didn't know if people were assuming he "spoke" and then immediately turned off his gear.

Also, good stuff going on there, but all of these private conversations I'm not privy to IC, it's gonna make it hard to keep track of what exactly Ohanzee knows. So, keep me straight if I happen to post IC about something I shouldn't know.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #256 on: <12-05-14/1958:26> »
Sam and Chino both responded to Ohanzee:

<<@Team [Uncle Sam] Sounds like a good plan.>>
<<@Team [Chino] Agreed. It will have to wait for tomorrow, I mean, later today. I don't think we can do anymore tonight.>>

I intended to have Katsina voice her support for Chino's opinion but forgot to do so.

I'll give Poindexter a bit more time in case he wants Sam to respond to Chino's latest insights.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #257 on: <12-05-14/2323:27> »
@Tecumseh:  Are they hearing through their DNI or through their earbuds?  Basically, is Doc privy to this converation?  He'd love to be part of it.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #258 on: <12-05-14/2325:43> »
unless Doc is hacked into our comms, he's out. Although Sam plans on spilling the beans on the whole damn thing once they get back to the house.

Or maybe not. Maybe he'll just blow the fucker up without saying anything to anyone. I aint decided yet. The obelisk, not the house.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #259 on: <12-06-14/0013:16> »
Doc was previously given access to Chino's earbuds and Sam's goggles so that he could keep eyes and ears on things during the approach to the the house. Presumably this was done by Sam and Chino inviting marks so that Doc could spoof the data streams.

My default answer is that Doc still has access. If both Sam and Chino have reset their commlinks - specifically to nix Doc's access, or for any other reason - then I'll say he's out, but if either one of you left your commlinks on and marked then he does have access to spoof and eavesdrop.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #260 on: <12-06-14/0017:53> »
I imagine while going through the trouble of setting it so only Chino could hear him, Sam would have taken the extra step even though Poindexter forgot about that. :)
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #261 on: <12-06-14/0020:39> »
Er, um. Um. Can I use the same answer ..?

I'll be honest, I completely forgot about that in the heat of the IC; this is getting interesting.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #262 on: <12-06-14/0056:54> »
If you guys turn it off, he's likely to get paranoid and actively try to listen in.  If you are retconning, I'd like the opportunity to as well.

And this turned PvP pretty fast :(  Sorry guys, I don't mean to be a jerk, but all of us are being super paranoid right now and I don't think it's out of character.  Also, Doc actually just has more information to add to the conversation.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #263 on: <12-06-14/0101:10> »
If you guys turn it off, he's likely to get paranoid and actively try to listen in.  If you are retconning, I'd like the opportunity to as well.

And this turned PvP pretty fast :(  Sorry guys, I don't mean to be a jerk, but all of us are being super paranoid right now and I don't think it's out of character.  Also, Doc actually just has more information to add to the conversation.

Naw dude, thats AWESOME. You retcon and PvP and ALL that shit. :) it sounds fun as hell. Go head and hack my comm, or Chino's if it's easier. Roll em, homey!

In the interest of having less to worry about retconning, would you mind, if succesfull, limiting your hacking to just listening in, rather than joining in the discussion? Perhaps Doc can intercept us inside the house to add said information?
« Last Edit: <12-06-14/0102:49> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #264 on: <12-06-14/0102:27> »
Same here, no hard feelings. Sam and Chino are acting super weird and paranoid, so it's all good.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #265 on: <12-06-14/0112:48> »
comm defense is Int+Firewall, right? If so, Sam has 9 dice to resist. If his is the link you decide to hack, I'll go ahead and make the roll in the interest of speed.

Comm Defense: 9d6t5 2

EDIT: I also feel it's worth noting that since we've entered the house, we've been regular ole whispering, so no hacking that bit.
« Last Edit: <12-06-14/0114:29> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #266 on: <12-06-14/0115:34> »
comm defense is Int+Firewall, right? If so, Sam has 9 dice to resist. If his is the link you decide to hack, I'll go ahead and make the roll in the interest of speed.

Comm Defense: 9d6t5 2

Willpower + Firewall, actually.

I'll do the same.

Commlink Defense (Willpower 5 + Firewall 3): 8d6t5 0 [2, 1, 1, 4, 4, 2, 2, 1]

Well ... Chino ain't got shit to defend with. That was probably the most anticlimactic defense roll ever. Hell, my link might as well give you a Mark without my permission :)
« Last Edit: <12-06-14/0117:11> by 8-bit »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #267 on: <12-06-14/0121:27> »
I kinda dont feel like he needs to roll for either of us at this point.

I'm gonna assume he listened to all the subvocal shit on the way here and give him a little bit to make a post about intercepting us once we reach the house.

i guess I would have gotten 2 extra dice for the roll, but with Chino having a cheaper commlink, it seems like he would have been the target anyways, right?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #268 on: <12-06-14/0123:20> »
Probably. We'll see if we get stopped or something while making our plans. Or he just wakes Ohanzee up. For a dwarf, that guy is surprisingly scary.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #269 on: <12-06-14/0131:11> »
To be honest, he'd hack both to make sure he got all the info.
Here goes:
Mark Chino's com Logic(9)+Hacking(6)+VR(2)+SS(2)+DJ(1)-Wounds(1)-Noise(7)=12: 12d6t5 4(limit 5) Got a mark there.

Mark Sam's com Logic(9)+Hacking(6)+VR(2)+SS(2)+DJ(1)-Wounds(1)-Noise(7)=12: 12d6t5 2(limit 5)
Yeah, he's burning edge like it's going out of style!!!  (2 hits on 12 dice....AGAIN?!)
Burning more edge!: 10d6t5 4 6 hits, 5 count.  And You get 2 more dice, but that would max out at 4, so I'd get my mark anyway.

Time to start snooping:
Snooping on Chino Intuition(4)+EW(6)+Ganglia(1)+VR(2)+SS(2)+DJ(1)-Wounds(1)-Noise(7)=8: 8d6t5 2
MOAR EDGE! (Can't roll worth shit): 6d6t5 1
Well, that wasn't that useful... 3 hits, 8-bit, lets see if I can snoop on Chino or if he see's me coming.

And either way, Doc will meet you guys at the door.  He's gonna wanna talk either way, it'll just matter if you guys are pissed at him or not :P