NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #90 on: <11-22-14/0257:19> »
@Zweiblumen, if you asked about whether saved the commlink then I totally missed it. (I presume we're talking about Reggie's commlink.) Yes, Katsina saved it. It's a Fairlight Caliban.

@Zweiblumen, part II: Re-reading the Pilot Programs section, I will say that the dog-brain can do it but it will be forced to pass a low-threshold test to deal with the novel/unexpected request. We'll call it 4 dice (Pilot x 2) against a threshold 1 test. If you leave the wireless on, you'll know if it succeeded. If you turn the wireless off, then you'll just have to hope.

@Zweiblumen, part III: Hearing the name "Doc" sounds familiar to Crumpled. If and when Chino calls Crumpled "Hack" in person or via text, that will sound familiar too. He will remember that both have been used to address him in the past.

If there are other questions I have missed, please remind me.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #91 on: <11-22-14/1125:38> »
Nope, was just talking OOC. Chino was doing all of that in his head. Doc/Crumpled/Hack don't know shit.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #92 on: <11-22-14/2009:12> »
@Poindexter: In case it wasn't clear, my response to your last OOC post was confirming the relative ease of destroying the DNA in the van (versus exploding the van into smithereens, which is also viable).

@Zweiblumen: Let's see if we can get the Matrix stuff done before you start traveling. If necessary, you can tell me the actions and I can do the rolling. The houses are not running silent so you can spot them with one hit on a Matrix Perception test. You have enough dice to buy that hit so we'll say you can find their WANs without issue. From there I presume you will want to get a mark to enter the host so that you can begin nosing around.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #93 on: <11-23-14/1955:54> »
Some updates. I've compiled a spreadsheet for the sheets that Ryo has provided me versus what you've learned about yourselves so far. Everyone still has 6-10 different things that they haven't discovered about themselves yet. Attributes, skills, qualities, spells/powers, etc. On that note, I picked up on some oversights of things that should have come to light:

@Malevolence
And, ideally, without exposing our faces to anyone, including lobby cameras. Disguises would be useful.

While thinking of ways to disguise himself, Ohanzee remembers that he has the Improved Invisibility spell.

@Zweiblumen
Searching for cameras over our chosen route for 1km:
(still not sure how looking for specific things in the matrix works.  If I'm reading this correctly, I can see everything that's not running silent automatically within 100m, and then I get to ask questions for every hit I get on a search?  Either way, here's mine and the agents searchs:
Doc Search for cameras etc Computer(5)+Int(5)+VR(2)-Noise(1)+Datajack(1)-Wound(1) = 11: 11d6t5 4 (limit 6)

The search comes remarkably easy for Doc/Hack. He has the quality Codeslinger (Matrix Perception). He receives a +2 dice modifer for all Matrix Perception tests.

@8-bit
The original message which told Novocrane that Chino has 3 Edge was a typo. Chino actually has Edge 4.
« Last Edit: <11-23-14/2029:47> by Tecumseh »

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #94 on: <11-23-14/2236:40> »
Awesome! Might be worth applying to the crate while we levitate it around the neighborhood.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #95 on: <11-23-14/2254:11> »
Are we wating for me for something?  I feel like we are.
@Tecumseh: I'm not sure I've checked for all of the programs available on the deck, just the ones running (though that may be all of them).  I'd like to see what I have available, specifically looking for baby monitor.  My OC shouldn't be that high yet, but will start getting there soon given I hacked the van already.

Re: the commlink, that should be able to just control the car via wireless... I suggest handing it to Chino and letting him at it.

Re: Houses:
Going to run a Matrix Percep against each of them:
2 Matrix Perceptions on the Houses/Hosts: Computer (5) + Int (5) + CodeSlinger (2) + VR (2) - Noise (1) + Data Jack (1) - Wounds (1) = 13: 2#13d6t5 5 8 (Limit 6)
As they aren't running silent I get 5 and 6 questions respectively?  Don't think I'm going to need all of them, want the same questions answered for each one:
#1 What is the host/device rating
#2 What marks are on the host
#3 Are there any silent running icons near by

(As a n3wb I'm open to suggestions for other questions)

From there, my preference is for the north house over the middle one, but if there's a big difference in host rating I'll go for the easier target first.  Once there I'll want to get a mark via Hack On The Fly to get in and start snooping around, see what kinds of devices are there specifically looking for physical security.  I'll also look for info on the owner, and if I can find it a calendar for them.

Lets start with that (hopefully the north house), if that doesn't provide the info we are looking for I'll move on and do the same to the next one.
« Last Edit: <11-23-14/2314:30> by Zweiblumen »

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #96 on: <11-23-14/2318:22> »
What grid it is on, what type of icon (host or device), and the firewall rating if it is a host (as that is what it will be defending with - along with host rating - for most of your actions).

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #97 on: <11-24-14/0000:50> »
Hosts are on all grids iirc, the firewall rating in addition to the host rating will be handy.

8-bit

« Reply #98 on: <11-24-14/0146:42> »
@8-bit
The original message which told Novocrane that Chino has 3 Edge was a typo. Chino actually has Edge 4.

All right, updated. Thanks!

As for posting, I've simply been busy. Between Thanksgiving coming up, and a big paper I have due soon, I've been rather busy. I'll see if I can get something up soon.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #99 on: <11-24-14/0222:01> »
Action is primarily on Zweiblumen right now so it's understandable that there hasn't been much happening ICly. If we can finish the hacking within the next day or two then that will give everyone else an opportunity to get more involved. Monday will be a slower day for me too since I'll be burning rubber on a report due Tuesday morning.

@Zweiblumen
1. Both of the houses are on the Local Grid. The local grid is called AspeNet and is provided by the PCC itself (since the PCC is a corporation in its own right). The Local Grid is superb, as "Pueblo is well known for its cutting edge Matrix systems, computer engineering, and even its spectacular public AR systems" (per Sixth World Almanac, p. 182). Once inside, you realize there is no Noise for targets within 1 km. Noise outside of that range is uncertain.
2. The Host Rating of the middle house is 3. The north house is rating 4.
3. The Firewall Rating of the middle house is 5. The north house is rating 7.
4. Neither host has any marks on it.
5. You need to be in a host to see if there are any icons running silently within it. Using the the Perception action to search nearby, you do not see any icons running silent. Looks like a relatively quiet neighborhood.

I figure you'll want to start with the softer target. I'll roll that out. I'm going to presume that you spend an action to swap Data Processing with Sleaze, so Sleaze is now 6.

6. Hacking on the Fly: Logic 9 + Hacking 6 + VR 2 - 1 Wounds: 9 hits (Limit 6)
7. Host resists: ??? hits
8. You get a mark on the host.
9. You use the mark to enter the host. The house now considers you a valid guest.
10. Snooping around, you find a ton of domestic devices (refrigerator, ovens, coffee makers, thermometers, trid sets and entertainment systems, and so on).
11. The doors are secured with rating 3 maglocks.
12. Inside, there are motion sensors directed to detect if any of the doors and windows open.
13a. Outside, there is a motion sensor set to illuminate the driveway and front steps if anyone approaches.
13b. Outside, there are cameras above all the doors.
14. There does not appear to be anything particularly fancy or exotic, like trip beams, pressure pads, vibration detectors, or olfactory sensors.
15. The thermometer is set for 15 degrees Celsius (59F). It is not scheduled to rise to 22C until Friday, February 8th (one week from the current day).

If you want to roll the tougher target (the north house) that's up to you.

Per Ryo's OOC post to Ravensoracle, you have every program, including Baby Monitor. Emphasis mine.

When you check the deck, you see you have every common use and hacking program, as well as a Rating 6 agent.

For your Matrix Perception tests, don't forget to add the die from your Qualia genetic treatment. +1 to all skill tests linked to Intuition, including Matrix Perception.
« Last Edit: <11-24-14/0246:43> by Tecumseh »

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #100 on: <11-24-14/1134:17> »
I included the Qualia in my INT score (it's 4 naturally, 5 when doing skill checks).
Going to take a few turns to run Baby Monitor, Stealth and Encryption (4th slot used by my Agent).
Probably should have done that first.  *shrug* live and learn, at least I didn't get hosed :P

How far away is this house from the house that's occupied?  Given how much softer a target this is, I'm going to suggest to the team we use this one as we can hide under the spirit cloak we've got going on right now.

I want to get some info on the owner before I move on.
Also, going to check the schedule to see when the last time the heat was up, and then cross check the video above the garage to see if there's a vehicle in there currently (unless I can see any devices slaved to the house that would indicate a vehicle).
« Last Edit: <11-24-14/1142:17> by Zweiblumen »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #101 on: <11-24-14/1604:32> »
The middle house is not terribly close to the south or north houses. There's about 25 meters between the middle house and each of the others (i.e. 25 meters on each side). There are no houses behind it, only hillside. That appears to be normal, judging by the surrounding maps. The rich folks seem to value their privacy.

Baby Monitor reports that your current Overwatch Score is 6.

The thermometer indicates that the heat was up last weekend. It suggests that the owner left the previous Sunday (January 27th).

There are no cars in the garage but there is a snowmobile and an ATV. It is a two-car garage. One spot is empty and the other spot has the snowmobile and the ATV.

If there's something specific you'd like to learn about the owner, please let me know.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #102 on: <11-24-14/1753:18> »
Name, commlink code, what corp they work for, kids, wife.  Etc etc

I want to be able to pass off as a friend or at least an aquantence if questioned lightly.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #103 on: <11-24-14/1826:22> »
Oooh! Ares! Icing on the home invasion pie!

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #104 on: <11-24-14/1827:37> »
Results posted ICly, as you've already seen. Go ahead and respond however you see fit. If you're going to recommend that the team pursue the middle house, go ahead and make that clear so that the we can move forward in the meat world. Let me know what your plan is for the lights, cameras, and motion sensors. If you plan to spoof them, you can roll for it. (If you're traveling and cannot roll, let me know.)