NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #30 on: <01-21-13/0117:33> »
With 3 hits, I'm pretty sure she would notice prison tats. She probably won't be able to place them with the proper gangs, but she should know they're from the pen.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #31 on: <01-21-13/0206:35> »
Something I haven't done before, but now is the time (and it's something my character would do): rank everybody on 'yumminess'.  Now we're all naked, it makes it so much easier  :D  ::)

Next is that my character has no clue whatsoever as to where we are.  It's not Seattle, it's any other city or location she knows and that's about all she can tell.

Last, @Crossbow: I assume some of the others might know me, if they have certain knowledge skills.  I'll let you check who does and who doesn't.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #32 on: <01-21-13/0242:12> »
Something I haven't done before, but now is the time (and it's something my character would do): rank everybody on 'yumminess'.  Now we're all naked, it makes it so much easier  :D  ::)

Next is that my character has no clue whatsoever as to where we are.  It's not Seattle, it's any other city or location she knows and that's about all she can tell.

Last, @Crossbow: I assume some of the others might know me, if they have certain knowledge skills.  I'll let you check who does and who doesn't.

Fionn, not so much with the knowing who you are.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <01-21-13/0309:40> »
If anyone has a police, correctional, or Redmond background, they might be vaguely aware of my character. (Notoriety 6, Public Awareness 2)
« Last Edit: <01-21-13/0312:03> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #34 on: <01-21-13/0557:43> »
Also:  I make no apologies for the in-character Gaelic, helps the character seat in my head.  I also don't remotely pretend to know Gaelic, I just make use of the tools available to me - aka Google.  In most cases, rough meaning should be clear from context.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <01-21-13/0608:14> »
Don't worry about it, I'm sure I'll put some Japanese in there as well.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <01-21-13/0619:43> »
Well, I'd like to welcome everyone to the Fionn Freaks the Fuck Out train.  Next stop:  No one knows!

If you want a reference to his speech patterns right now, think Mordin from Mass Effect 2 and 3 when he starts hypothesizing or gets off on a tangent.  His behaviour's flat out weird right now, but not violent or invasive.  I did not explicitly state that he dropped the sharp rock so I have to proceed as if he didn't, but he won't offer any resistance if someone takes it out of his hand - he's pretty much forgotten he's holding it, so as he moves he might get a couple of shallow scratches across his right leg.

Also, now that he's in this state he's performing a Detect Hidden Node action after threading up a Scan Complex Form (Threading test, Fading test (6d6.hits(5)=1, 12d6.hits(5)=3) - only get Scan 1, but on the upside don't take damage) - this is a general search for any node within 400m that is within its own Signal range of him, and is an extended test with a difficulty of at least 15 and an interval of 1 Combat Turn.  The area is a dead zone, but that does not rule out the presence of hidden wireless devices that just can't reach the rest of the Matrix - for example, Fionn's bio-node.

[spoiler]
Detect Hidden Node, Interval 1 combat turn. (5d6.hits(5)=1, 5d6.hits(5)=3, 5d6.hits(5)=2, 5d6.hits(5)=3, 5d6.hits(5)=1, 5d6.hits(5)=2, 5d6.hits(5)=2, 5d6.hits(5)=0, 5d6.hits(5)=0, 5d6.hits(5)=2)

And, just shy before the critical glitch ends the test.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <01-21-13/0648:14> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <01-21-13/0723:14> »
If anyone has a police, correctional, or Redmond background, they might be vaguely aware of my character. (Notoriety 6, Public Awareness 2)

For me it's more knowledges on trids, celebrities and stuff like that.  People with the media junkie negative quality will probably know me immediately.

EDIT: I've just reread the fame positive quality (which I have) and from what I've seen you should almost all know me.  So you know her as Samantha Delavine (hence Sammy), a trid actress who has played in a number of films and series, including Neil the Orc Barbarian, Karl Combatmage, and who has gotten an Oscar Nomination for her role as Sevelda in the trid Dragons in the Mist (2071).  She also did the voice in the VR game based on the trid.
I'll post the full filmography later.

The delay in recognizing her (I'd rather not adapt all those posts  :) ) can come from the fact that we are in strange surroundings and maybe still a bit dizzy from whatever took us out.

From Runner's Companion:
People around the country recognize the character by face and name almost automatically.

Also:  I make no apologies for the in-character Gaelic, helps the character seat in my head.  I also don't remotely pretend to know Gaelic, I just make use of the tools available to me - aka Google.  In most cases, rough meaning should be clear from context.

Don't worry about that (at least not from me).  We do that all the time in our tabletop sessions.  I once read through a 50 page document from the Department of Defense to add some fluff to a character.  :-[  A couple of words of Gaelic are not much compared to that.
BTW: can you PM me a couple of links you use.  I have a tabletop character who speaks Gaelic as well.  Might be fun.
« Last Edit: <01-21-13/0735:39> by farothel »
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #38 on: <01-21-13/0844:26> »
I'd like to add that I find it illuminating that Clem never considered that Fionn might have had a reason for looking for a specific answer.  Also, the things he's saying are a little bit more than just insane ramblings, though they may be hard to understand - essentially, his mind's processing as much data as it can possibly take in to compensate for the effect of the dead zone, as he no longer has the background data flow of the Matrix running through his brain. 

In any case, I need to find out about the visible condition of everyone from Crossbow before I can continue in that line of action.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <01-21-13/0905:25> »
I get that, but my character doesn't. She thinks Fionn is clueless and has gone insane. Think about it: some naked, ginger technomancer is giving lip to a pissed off ork woman who clearly doesn't want to give up more details than she needs to at this point. A few moments ago she thought she had been sold to organised crime, and nothing has really proven to her that nobody in this group is in on this. Clem can't really make any other conclusions right now.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <01-21-13/0906:26> »

For his part, Sam's a pretty average-looking human, with a very forgettable face. Nice guy, very easy to like, but he wouldn't stand out in a crowd. Ever.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <01-21-13/0917:02> »

Sorry I haven't addressed this before. I'm guessing Sammy looked at Clem while she was evaluating her "yumminess", so here's a quick physical description: About 6'1", probably over 100Kg, wavy brown hair about shoulder length. She looks quite athletic yet lean for an ork and has a relatively small chest. Definitely of Asian descent, although probably a mix of some sort. High on her left thigh is a tattoo of a crane, which pretty much looks like one of these:

If you have any underworld knowledge, that tattoo might ring a bell.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #42 on: <01-21-13/0950:25> »
Damn, you guys have been busy, I do have to sleep sometime y'know :)   I will get everything caught by days end and we can start the next round of silliness, consider yourselves at effectively a timestop IC though.

Gorean

« Reply #43 on: <01-21-13/0957:01> »
Ok since work was hell friday and weekend never gives me enough time, I've only recently given the GM the 20 questions stuff.

So a desciprion of my sleeping form.

Pale skinned and scrawny, you know the standard elf look. He's about 6'10" with loose strawberry blonde hair hanging over his eyes. No tattoos though has a fine web of scars on his left temple.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #44 on: <01-21-13/1153:24> »
Damn, you guys have been busy, I do have to sleep sometime y'know :)   I will get everything caught by days end and we can start the next round of silliness, consider yourselves at effectively a timestop IC though.

Sure, no problem.  I'm out of my mind anyways, looking around in the astral.  :)