NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #1155 on: <08-28-18/0311:06> »
Well that still definitely shouldn't be a required step, but I'm glad to hear you were able to find a workaround.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #1156 on: <08-31-18/0056:40> »
...yeah, better than fretting over to troubleshooting why it isn't working directly.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Slywyn

• Newb
« Reply #1157 on: <09-01-18/1941:03> »
Couple of possibly-dumb questions:

How do you activate powers? Is there any way to do this? If I have a power that grants 2 armor for example, and lasts for a long time, how do I activate this so that the armor part of the sidebar on the right reads correctly? Or will I have to remember that it's active? (Which is fine, I just want to know if it's possible)

For equipment: Is there a way to create a category or location for items? If you have a bunch of different types of ammo and want to condense them into a dropdown until you need to look through them, or a bunch of programs for a Decker, is there any way to do this?

PingGuy

• Newb
« Reply #1158 on: <09-04-18/1112:39> »
I'll throw some things in too.

#1 Should I expect that the wireless bonus dice for a Smartgun Link will show up in the dice pool of a weapon that has one equipped?  The limit mod is definitely there, but I don't see the bonus dice.  It is a situation where there is a second number in parenthesis, but I believe this is from a weapon specialization.  Just want to know what I should expect to see.

#2 If I put Pilot Enhancement or Sensor Enhancement on a drone, should I expect the ratings of those drones to increase on the sheet?  They don't appear to be doing so.

#3 I put a Remington 950 (sniper) rifle on a MCT Roto-Drone, and added a targeting auto-soft, but it doesn't change the "dice pool" number for the drone.  It just stays at 2.  What is this dice pool referring to?  Should it be affected by these kinds of changes?

Thanks

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1159 on: <09-16-18/1534:02> »
How do you get the autosofts into the drones properly?
It doesn't ask me what kind of weapon for targeting, and the like.

Also the Medical Drone from Bullets and Bandages doesn't see to have its starting gear it should have.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

&#24525;

« Reply #1160 on: <09-19-18/0125:30> »
Hey, is Street Lethal on chummer yet?

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #1161 on: <09-24-18/0158:21> »
I had a crash on trying to load a character build - no error message. It happened twice.

Can't attach the .chum5 file, just the crash reports.

Iron Serpent Prince

• Omae
« Reply #1162 on: <09-24-18/1209:55> »
Hey, is Street Lethal on chummer yet?

I can't verify if everything from Street Lethal is in, but with my quick look through I can say that "yes," Street Lethal is in the Nightly Build at least.

focke

• Newb
« Reply #1163 on: <09-27-18/1818:21> »
How about Kill Code? I just updated to .202, and did not see it in the additional source books to use section. I also just got kill code, but don't know when it was released, so if it is just not up yet, that's cool.

Iron Serpent Prince

• Omae
« Reply #1164 on: <09-27-18/2124:22> »
In version 5.202.40-something (nightly build) Kill Code was in there.

I'm currently running 5.202.49.

For what it is worth, there was a change to the sourcebook options recently.  It looks like everything is selected without anyway to remove it.  The column on the left where you used to click checkboxes has the checkboxes removed.  That is a digression though.  ;)

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #1165 on: <09-28-18/0356:14> »
How do you activate powers? Is there any way to do this? If I have a power that grants 2 armor for example, and lasts for a long time, how do I activate this so that the armor part of the sidebar on the right reads correctly? Or will I have to remember that it's active? (Which is fine, I just want to know if it's possible)
Powers that have a constant effect will already be implemented as improvements. Anything that requires that you toggle it will not be, so the best way to do that would be to use the Custom Improvements tab to create your own and enable/disable them as necessary. I have a plan to enable doing this directly from the powers tab, but it's a low-priority enhancement.

For equipment: Is there a way to create a category or location for items? If you have a bunch of different types of ammo and want to condense them into a dropdown until you need to look through them, or a bunch of programs for a Decker, is there any way to do this?
You should see an Add Location button on the gear tab. You can drag things into there and collapse them. Programs you can't really have loose because they're treated as plugins.
I had a crash on trying to load a character build - no error message. It happened twice.
Unfortunately those crash messages don't include any content, which I believe is due to a bug that was fixed in recent nightlies. Mind giving the latest build a crack to see if that helps?

Kill Code is in current nightlies; I've stalled the release of a new milestone build to deal with some issues that have cropped up, but I think we might have it licked by the end of the weekend.
For what it is worth, there was a change to the sourcebook options recently.  It looks like everything is selected without anyway to remove it.  The column on the left where you used to click checkboxes has the checkboxes removed.  That is a digression though.  ;)
Enabling and disabling Sourcebooks was moved into the Character and Printing tab.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1166 on: <10-11-18/1925:50> »
I've got a character with a Skilljack and Knowsofts and am having some issues in career mode; I don't know if these are known and have a fix.

The problem is twofold: if I delete/sell a Knowsoft, the accompanying Knowledge skill doesn't go away. Nor can it be deleted manually.

Additionally, I'm toying around with the possibility of downgrading the Skilljack rating for my character.  Going from a R3 to a R1 gives me three copies of the same Knowledge skill, and again none can be deleted.

Is there an option to sell a Knowsoft or downgrade a Skilljack other than rebuilding the character from scratch and re-applying everything else since career mode began?
« Last Edit: <10-11-18/1927:53> by Stainless Steel Devil Rat »
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Grizzly

• Newb
« Reply #1167 on: <10-21-18/0852:04> »
Might be a known issue but couldn't find it with a brief search.

Chummer v. 5.194.0.0

Regarding the Spider (Alt) Mentor Spirit

It is set up that adding the Spider (Alt) mentor spirit gives 2 bonus levels to the Stealth skill group on the Karma column.  While there is no Karma cost for this, it has caused me a problem in trying to add more levels for the correct cost.

I am building a character with Skills C and am putting the 2 Group Skill points into the Stealth Group.  I then want to purchase the Stealth Group up to 3 using Karma, which should cost 15 points.  With the bonus added by Spider (Alt) then that should give me a total Stealth Group level of 5 dice.

When I add the Mentor Spirit first, the MS Karma dice are added first and I end up paying 25 karma to raise the total skill group to 5 dice.
When I up the Skill Group by 1 with Karma first it charges me the correct 15 karma.  When I then add the mentor spirit I think it recalculates the cost of the karma purchase and I again end up paying too much.

It seems like the MS Karma dice get added first no matter what order they are applied.

Would it be possible to switch the Mentor Spirit bonus dice to the 'Points' column?  Or is there another work-around I can use?

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #1168 on: <10-21-18/0859:53> »
Update to a current build. https://get.chummer.net.

@Stainless Steel Devil Rat: Removing the skilljack and hitting Reapply Improvements should work; if not, link me the file and I'll fix it and/or the underlying cause.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #1169 on: <11-04-18/0509:52> »
Head's up, new milestone build for Chummer's out. Includes Street Lethal, Kill Code and a bunch of fixes for stuff and things. Changelog and download available at https://stable.chummer.net.