NEWS

Kill Code

• 228 Replies

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <08-06-18/1422:28> »
You wouldn't happen to know when the Kill Code pdf hits the market?

I've got some time and good weather to spend in a hammock reading...
I've asked a couple of times, but nothing yet.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #31 on: <08-06-18/1450:51> »
You wouldn't happen to know when the Kill Code pdf hits the market?

I've got some time and good weather to spend in a hammock reading...
I've asked a couple of times, but nothing yet.

Keep in mind that it was Gen Con this weekend.  And Gen Con is a black hole that devours everything at CGL from the moment Origins ends to at least a few days after the show.  Due to booth teardown times and such, no one at CGL even leaves Indianapolis until sometime today (Monday). 

I expect we'll see it, but possibly not till the end of the week depending on how much of a coma everyone is in.

(Seriously, if you've never worked a con, you cannot imagine how bloody exhausting Gen Con is.)

TonyK

• Chummer
  • 20 year on-and-off SR fan...
« Reply #32 on: <08-06-18/1524:57> »

Keep in mind that it was Gen Con this weekend.  And Gen Con is a black hole that devours everything at CGL from the moment Origins ends to at least a few days after the show.  Due to booth teardown times and such, no one at CGL even leaves Indianapolis until sometime today (Monday). 

I expect we'll see it, but possibly not till the end of the week depending on how much of a coma everyone is in.

(Seriously, if you've never worked a con, you cannot imagine how bloody exhausting Gen Con is.)
Counter-argument is that Shattered Fortress for BattleTech was in the same announcement, and the PDF version dropped over the weekend.  Apples to oranges, I know, but it's a data point.
My fave quote from SRR: "Damn you Mike Pondsmith"

&#24525;

« Reply #33 on: <08-06-18/1610:49> »
I think that just speaks for the teams within CGL and not it as a whole. It seems the Battletech people have there stuff together.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #34 on: <08-06-18/1612:57> »
Eh, as long as they don't fuck up the index I can wait until the weekend...
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

TeOdio

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #35 on: <08-06-18/1624:24> »
Index, LOL...

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #36 on: <08-06-18/1724:13> »
I think that just speaks for the teams within CGL and not it as a whole. It seems the Battletech people have there stuff together.
Could we not turn even 'when will the pdf come out' into an insult-match please. -_- There's no point in constant talking trash.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #37 on: <08-06-18/1848:13> »

Counter-argument is that Shattered Fortress for BattleTech was in the same announcement, and the PDF version dropped over the weekend.  Apples to oranges, I know, but it's a data point.

I'm pretty sure CGL Upper management likes BT way more than SR, and it gets way more love from them. ;)

But also, and more seriously, different line devs, time tables, and IIRC different people responsible for uploading the PDFs to the web shop and Drive Thru. 

<shrug>

That, or its divine punishment for the epic bitching about TMs ;)  <grin>

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #38 on: <08-06-18/1924:12> »

BULLLL... Why is it when you post in one my threads I keep ending up getting upset with you?
I totally understand the post con issue, and I totally get why I don't expect to see the book until sometime next week. No big thing. But lets be real for sec here. This has been an issue for more then 3 years. There was a whole book that could have fixed this issue, heck we got 2 alchemy update and even a new system release in that time period no one asked for. That feedback thread is so old, I have friend who's marriages and kids that are younger then it. It was not unreasonable in anyway to have expected a fix for something that anyone who thoroughly read the core must have known was going to be a problem and some folks must known well before the core was even released.

I support SR b/c like you, I love the game, But do not blame the fans because we wanted fix for one of the biggest known issue in the whole of the current edition.
« Last Edit: <08-07-18/0106:13> by Marcus »
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #39 on: <08-07-18/0053:57> »
An act of GOD, eh? Damn G-men!
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

TonyK

• Chummer
  • 20 year on-and-off SR fan...
« Reply #40 on: <08-07-18/1007:42> »
Frankly, if it's a business judgment issue, I'm okay waiting a bit longer.  I was reading Designers & Dragons, and it's amazing how the much the history of the RPG industry is littered with companies overextending themselves.
My fave quote from SRR: "Damn you Mike Pondsmith"

Iron Serpent Prince

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <08-07-18/1241:37> »
There's no point in constant talking trash.

You don't want people acting (US) presidentially on the forums?  :P

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #42 on: <08-07-18/1505:06> »
There's no point in constant talking trash.

You don't want people acting (US) presidentially on the forums?  :P
FYI, best to keep RL politics and religious talk off the forums unless it is relevant, and then make sure to keep it civil.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Iron Serpent Prince

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <08-08-18/1843:11> »
Whatever.

I'm not going to stoop to writing for the least common denominator at all times.  If the least common denominator wants to get their panties in a knot over it, that isn't my problem.

Now, if I start directing political comments at posters (such as Libtards, MAGAts, Trumpkins, etc.) OR condescendingly and insultingly starting a quoted reply with "FYI," feel free to spout your unsolicited advice about how you demand everyone on the internet behaves for your benefit.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #44 on: <08-08-18/1927:38> »
With as much Southerness as I can muster, let me say to you, "Bless your heart."

That was not a demand, but a suggestion and a warning that RL politics and religion draws in the admins, and they have nice, shiny banhammers ready for people who do such things. I was trying to be nice to you, but by all means, ignore the warning.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters