NEWS

Kill Code

• 228 Replies

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #45 on: <08-08-18/1942:44> »
FYI, best to keep RL politics and religious talk off the forums unless it is relevant, and then make sure to keep it civil.

Now I'm totally agreeing with Mirikon. What is blue blazes is the world coming too? First Bamce and now Mirikon.
I should get checked CFD or something.

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #46 on: <08-08-18/1947:45> »
Whatever.

I'm not going to stoop to writing for the least common denominator at all times.  If the least common denominator wants to get their panties in a knot over it, that isn't my problem.

Now, if I start directing political comments at posters (such as Libtards, MAGAts, Trumpkins, etc.) OR condescendingly and insultingly starting a quoted reply with "FYI," feel free to spout your unsolicited advice about how you demand everyone on the internet behaves for your benefit.

You're still here? I thought you went away? If your not going to read 5th edition, we really aren't going to have a lot talk about.
Thinking
com
speaking

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #47 on: <08-08-18/1952:11> »
That, or its divine punishment for the epic bitching about TMs ;)  <grin>

BULLLL... Why is it when you post in one my threads I keep ending up getting upset with you?
I totally understand the post con issue, and I totally get why I don't expect to see the book until sometime next week. No big thing. But lets be real for sec here. This has been an issue for more then 3 years. There was a whole book that could have fixed this issue, heck we got 2 alchemy update and even a new system release in that time period no one asked for. That feedback thread is so old, I have friend who's marriages and kids that are younger then it. It was not unreasonable in anyway to have expected a fix for something that anyone who thoroughly read the core must have known was going to be a problem and some folks must known well before the core was even released.

I support SR b/c like you, I love the game, But do not blame the fans because we wanted fix for one of the biggest known issue in the whole of the current edition.

Just to be clear, that was intended solely tongue in cheek.  Hence the winky smiley and the <grin> tag. 

Iron Serpent Prince

• Omae
« Reply #48 on: <08-08-18/2100:46> »
You're still here? I thought you went away? If your not going to read 5th edition, we really aren't going to have a lot talk about.

Where do you keep pulling this stuff out of?

Went away?

Not reading 5th?

Are you deliberately trolling?  Or are you behind on medication or something?  'Cause with the rep of these forums, I have to assume the former.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #49 on: <08-08-18/2114:22> »
Everyone cool your jets for a bit, before we have to start using moderation powers for more than Spammers with Pokemon codes (that don't work, gd it!)

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #50 on: <08-08-18/2154:27> »
Everyone cool your jets for a bit, before we have to start using moderation powers for more than Spammers with Pokemon codes (that don't work, gd it!)

Ok, ok I'll be good, just a little fish not worth the time. So none of those codes worked? What kinda crappy russian bots are these? At least they could post russian models or something.
Thinking
com
speaking

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #51 on: <08-08-18/2250:56> »
FYI, best to keep RL politics and religious talk off the forums unless it is relevant, and then make sure to keep it civil.

Now I'm totally agreeing with Mirikon. What is blue blazes is the world coming too? First Bamce and now Mirikon.
I should get checked CFD or something.
Difference between enjoying different playstyles and knowing the limits of what is acceptable on the forums. ;)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Iron Serpent Prince

• Omae
« Reply #52 on: <08-09-18/1225:18> »
I was hoping to get my digital hands on this before a game I have tonight, but so far it is not on DriveThruRPG or the Catalyst Store.

Oh well, I'll have to keep daydreaming about doing something Matrix-y in combat as a Decker without MARKs for at least another week.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #53 on: <08-09-18/1618:37> »
I was hoping to get my digital hands on this before a game I have tonight, but so far it is not on DriveThruRPG or the Catalyst Store.

Oh well, I'll have to keep daydreaming about doing something Matrix-y in combat as a Decker without MARKs for at least another week.

If memory serves, Catalyst is located on the West coast... its only 1:15pm here. Plenty of time left before a 5pm upload deadline... If such a small company has an upload deadline.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Opti

• Freelancer
  • Omae
« Reply #54 on: <08-09-18/1715:18> »
think closer to september...

LazloZingo

• Newb
« Reply #55 on: <08-09-18/1804:48> »

Any idea when the dead tree version should hit stores?

Thanks Opti!

1new6

« Reply #56 on: <08-09-18/1829:55> »
I have to ask, why the massive delay on the pdf/book (assuming of course Opti wasn't being sarcastic and I'm not just being a moron)? If the actual book was being sold at gen con why wait so long to sell it to a wide audience. I understand a week or so to get it into stores, but almost a month? That seems like it would be a massive waste of resources. Was it just bad planning?
« Last Edit: <08-09-18/1834:21> by 1new6 »

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #57 on: <08-09-18/1851:39> »
September huh?
Wow. I assume they have some logical reason for not wanting our money right now.
But man that's very frustrating. Better to know now then later i guess?

Thinking
com
speaking

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #58 on: <08-09-18/1907:19> »
I have to ask, why the massive delay on the pdf/book (assuming of course Opti wasn't being sarcastic and I'm not just being a moron)? If the actual book was being sold at gen con why wait so long to sell it to a wide audience. I understand a week or so to get it into stores, but almost a month? That seems like it would be a massive waste of resources. Was it just bad planning?
Well, depends on how much lead time there was between the book being ready to print, and GenCon. If it was, say, enough time that they could get a small run off in time to sell at the con, but the longer runs for actual distribution weren't ready, and they then need to filter through their distributors, to the stores, and so on... Especially if they missed a deadline to be included in distributor catalogs that went to the local stores so they could order the books...

Yeah, I could see a month wait on the dead tree versions. The delay on the PDF version, then, would be an attempt to have the PDF come out closer to when the dead trees would be hitting stores.

But that's just my wild guess.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Iron Serpent Prince

• Omae
« Reply #59 on: <08-09-18/1953:25> »

Ouch...

That is what I get for getting excited about a product.  Let's hope the excitement holds long enough.