NEWS

Kill Code

• 228 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #15 on: <08-03-18/1125:17> »
With any luck, the writers will have actually paid attention to the Technomancer Feedback thread and include at least some  of the better suggestions in there.

(Like my own  ;D
... and much of 忍's)
I'd like to say I was hopeful, but I doubt there's the complete structural overhaul that TMs need. And given the way the book was started, stopped, restarted, and then rolled into a chapter of a bigger book...

Well, we're probably looking at a patch job, like using duct tape on a leaking dam.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

HP15BS

• Chummer
« Reply #16 on: <08-03-18/1147:40> »
With any luck, the writers will have actually paid attention to the Technomancer Feedback thread and include at least some  of the better suggestions in there.

(Like my own  ;D
... and much of 忍's)
I'd like to say I was hopeful, but I doubt there's the complete structural overhaul that TMs need. And given the way the book was started, stopped, restarted, and then rolled into a chapter of a bigger book...

Well, we're probably looking at a patch job, like using duct tape on a leaking dam.

Eh, I don't really think technos need a complete rewrite... at least no more so than the Matrix in general. It'd suffice to just to fix the bugs and give them more ways to actually be cool.

You know, free Skinlink, the ability to make a PAN with your living persona, submerge once for a Suite of Resonance Programs, etc.

Edit:  More options for sustaining CFs, echoes that scale with submersion grade, (mages get all of that; why can't TMs?  :'( ), free smartlink compatibility...

Ooh! I just thought of another cool techno ability. Here's the gist of it:
Targeting Detection

Technomancers with this echo can passively detect when any kind of targeting sensors focus on their own bodies (or any device they have a direct connection with, or are currently jumped in to), and may even observe some of the calculations being made. This applies to the targeting systems of drones and other vehicles, as well as to all manner of smartguns. Your living persona must be online in order to use this passive ability.
   Make a Resonance + Submersion Grade test for each device targeting you. Your hits determine how much information you detect.
. . .
- Alternatively, this could use Res + E-War for the test....
. . .
Smartlink Appropriation
Target: Device
Duration: P
Fading: L-2
. . .
+1 defense / net hit...
. . .
« Last Edit: <08-03-18/1520:11> by HP15BS »
To Deckers the Foundation really is a crazy place from Alice in Wonderland. How does that stuff just happen? How do they work when everything about them defies logic?
Then a Techno comes, high 5's Caterpillar, takes a swig of Mad Hatter's tea, & wanders away chatting up White Rabbit.
- Marcus Gideon

&#24525;

« Reply #17 on: <08-03-18/1948:23> »

(Like my own  ;D
... and much of 忍's)
Daw thank you :D

Highwayman

• Freelancer
  • Newb
« Reply #18 on: <08-04-18/0747:16> »
Hope you folks like reading it as much as I liked contributing to it.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #19 on: <08-04-18/2235:01> »

Tell me more... :D
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

HP15BS

• Chummer
« Reply #20 on: <08-04-18/2301:36> »

But did you like contributing to it as much as we liked pretending we could contribute to it in the "feedback for a new book" thread?
 ;)
To Deckers the Foundation really is a crazy place from Alice in Wonderland. How does that stuff just happen? How do they work when everything about them defies logic?
Then a Techno comes, high 5's Caterpillar, takes a swig of Mad Hatter's tea, & wanders away chatting up White Rabbit.
- Marcus Gideon

ShadowMaster

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <08-05-18/2209:16> »
Anyone pick up Killcode at gencon wanna comment on it?

KatoHearts

• Newb

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <08-05-18/2339:09> »
Well, that makes me moderately more hopeful than I was.

My Characters

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <08-06-18/0028:17> »
Adzling you been holding out on us?  :'(
Thinking
com
speaking

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <08-06-18/0032:47> »
I hope 40 pages is enough to fix the Archetype. :\
Thinking
com
speaking

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <08-06-18/1054:06> »
I hope 40 pages is enough to fix the Archetype. :\
Depends on the 40 pages. If it is 40 pages of 'throw out the core book, we rebuilt it to not suck', then yes. But with the current writing style, you're probably looking at maybe 5-10 pages worth of crunch and the rest fluffy padding. And we can't judge the quality of the 40 pages, because the reviewer admittedly isn't a TM player. The size of the TM section offers some hope, but experience to date with 5e suggests that it will be a 40 page bandaid on a sucking chest wound.

My Characters

adzling

« Reply #27 on: <08-06-18/1105:59> »
Adzling you been holding out on us?  :'(

im always holding out mate ;-)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <08-06-18/1202:48> »
You wouldn't happen to know when the Kill Code pdf hits the market?

I've got some time and good weather to spend in a hammock reading...
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Iron Serpent Prince

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <08-06-18/1312:42> »
Does this clean up / codify the PAN / Device Interaction / Wireless / Noise rules?

If not, then adding more options to increase Noise (the ammo and grenades mentioned in that Reddit review) only makes the game worse, not better.

Also, another potential red-flag is the fact that this book may pull Technos out of the porta potty...  However it seems to have firmly buried the Rigger there with the Machinist Resonance Stream.
Can we get a book that fixes Rigger now?  :P