NEWS

[SR5] Dark Terrors (Plot Sourcebook)

• 25 Replies

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <03-02-18/2225:04> »
Jason posted earlier that print copies have hit the warehouse. Hopefully we’ll see them hit the streets shortly. ;D

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #16 on: <03-05-18/2148:51> »
I picked this up during the drivethru sale. I love this book. It's fluff is great to read. I had a ton of fun reading about the new Matrix threats. I like to seeing the metaplot for Asamando get an update. Sounds like it's ready to collapse in on itself releasing a plague of HMHVV infected across the world. Also a bit disappointed in the resolution with Boston with no conclusion for the missing  Eliohann and Cerius. But the updates to Evo and NeoNET were interesting. I like that the new Evo CEO is a naga. That's pretty damn Shadowrun right there. I really do think we need more weird CEOs that aren't your traditional human. I'm still working through the book. But what a fun read.

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #17 on: <04-09-18/1109:27> »
Dark Terrors is now available in print form :)
It's available from Noble Knight, for instance.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #18 on: <04-09-18/1703:33> »
Such a tempting book to get, one of the few fluff books I would want as deadwood along with its older two brethren
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <04-09-18/1707:02> »
For all the German players: Dark Terrors is also available in print as "Im Herz der Dunkelheit". It also contains a nice add on section about the state of the ADL  :)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #20 on: <04-09-18/2122:33> »
Darn-it, I need the French line to catch up to the German one (or, you know, Catalyst to capture all these cool German add-ons into english)

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <09-16-18/0652:19> »
Why is there another randomized roll during character creation again? It might likely be NPC considering that its some sort of infected stuff but still.. Did it even take in  consideration the bellcurve?
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <09-16-18/1333:04> »
Triskavanski, I think you may have left something out in your post...

What random roll are you talking about?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <09-16-18/1414:04> »
I guess Triskavanski is talking about the wildcard chimera negative qualities. As things go, it's not too bad with bioluminescense as the the most often drawn quality.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <09-16-18/1425:56> »
Yeah, its not as bad as changeling qualities, but its still a randomized character element in a point buy game. Even Dungeons and Dragons and Pathfinder have been pulling away from randomized elements like this with their stats.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

ShadowMaster

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <09-19-18/0901:09> »
I do not care much for the random nature of the changeling qualities or other random parts of character creation.
The should have been setup as a pool of positive and negative qualities that must be taken based on the degree of changelingness. So many from this group of posititive so many from this group and so on. instead we got random drek.