NEWS

Jackpointers/Shadowlanders/Whoever you want to know more about

• 176 Replies

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #165 on: <02-11-12/0052:05> »
Cinder appears in Renraku Arcology: Shutdown and Threats 2.
« Last Edit: <02-11-12/0100:31> by James Meiers »

Red

• Omae
  • Good plans load the dice. Good stories trump them.
« Reply #166 on: <02-11-12/0053:20> »
I'll get back to my Shutdown book and check it out. I appreciate it. :)
"My writing is more akin to a cook than a farmer: give me the pieces, and what comes out of it is greater than the sum of it's parts. Give me nothing, and I just stare dumbly. It's a failing, but then, it's also a living."

ShadowSea, for my players.
http://shadowsea.webnode.com/

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #167 on: <02-11-12/0101:25> »
My avatar is of a female elf that could be, but is technically not Daviar. Larger.

The POAD one is here.
« Last Edit: <02-12-12/0442:05> by James Meiers »

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #168 on: <02-11-12/0102:51> »
My avatar is of her.

The POAD one is also attached.

I like. Cool pictures.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Red

• Omae
« Reply #169 on: <02-12-12/0206:04> »
Very nice. :)
"My writing is more akin to a cook than a farmer: give me the pieces, and what comes out of it is greater than the sum of it's parts. Give me nothing, and I just stare dumbly. It's a failing, but then, it's also a living."

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #170 on: <02-12-12/0441:29> »
Well, the first one should be for as much as I paid for her (I'll just say that it's more than a freelance artist ever got paid for a piece of Shadowrun art). I should note that technically and legally that is simply "Female Elf" and is not a character owned by anyone but me. I wouldn't mind if it was Daviar, but the only way that would happen is if my piece of art is licensed by CGL/Topps for inclusion into a book with the explicit or a strong implicit indication that it is a depiction of what Daviar may look like.

I wish it was her so I keep saying it is. [sarcasm]Because that's the smart thing to do as a matter of law.[/sarcasm] However, it is not. Feel free to continue pretending/believing/wishing it is so, however.

I'm surprised you never saw the images of Daviar before, though. Back when I was making assloads of RPG-based motivational posters (At the height of that meme's popularity, especially RPG themes)  I used both images, especially the DotSW one (the one where she looks like Mila Kunis) because I photoshopped the Hell out of it to isolate her and make it look good, and so I felt obliged to use it.
« Last Edit: <02-12-12/0447:19> by James Meiers »

Red

• Omae
« Reply #171 on: <02-12-12/0445:28> »
As bad fortune would have it, both of those books are on the short list of ones I have yet to catch up on (novels not included, some of them were just too out there). I can remember googling her a few times over the years, but, well, you know how it can be. I'm just happy to have found it all here now. Danke, omae. :)

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #172 on: <02-12-12/0449:06> »
Yeah. I googled her name last night and I was reminded of the ugly-as-sin mini Ral Partha made of her. And I found a cached copy of one of my posters I deeply regret making now.

Red

• Omae
« Reply #173 on: <02-12-12/0450:34> »
I know EXACTLY the one you're talking about... Yeeesh...

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #174 on: <02-12-12/0507:20> »
I'm not proud of propagating that meme, but I wasn't exactly pleased with anything having to do with SR at the time either.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #175 on: <02-12-12/1114:23> »
If it's the one I'm thinking of...yeah, that was unfortunate. :)
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #176 on: <02-12-12/1146:17> »
I remember that one, you really swung for the fences with there ;)
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada