NEWS

Helmet displays (external)

• 6 Replies

忍

« on: <10-16-18/1523:15> »
What armor mod would allow a helmet to display things outside of it, such as with Daft Punk or Zero from Borderlands 2?

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #1 on: <10-16-18/1558:52> »
Like, it projects a hologram that others can see or it projects an ARO that others can see in AR?

Or projects something only you can see, but appears to be projected beyond the helmet?
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <10-16-18/1611:29> »
There is a Holo Bracelet in Cutting Aces p.141 that allows you to do just that
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

&#24525;

« Reply #3 on: <10-16-18/1808:08> »
Like, it projects a hologram that others can see or it projects an ARO that others can see in AR?

Or projects something only you can see, but appears to be projected beyond the helmet?
Visible to others. I suppose it doesn't matter which medium. Mostly I'm looking for capacity and cost.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <10-16-18/1809:09> »

Visible to others. I suppose it doesn't matter which medium. Mostly I'm looking for capacity and cost.

Isn't sharing AROs across the team a functionality that every commlink in 2079 already has for free?
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #5 on: <10-16-18/1829:19> »
^
That's just like... your opinion, man.

OneSidedDie

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <10-17-18/0844:02> »
If you wanted a hologram that anyone could see without AR you could install a trid projector (Core Rulebook pg 439) in your helmet. Capacity wasn't listed in the CRB so was added in Run & Gun pg 87. So if you go that route it would be 200¥ and [2] capacity.

Unlike the holo bracelet in Cutting Aces pg 141 it is obvious that it is a hologram.
The bracelet is 250¥, requires a Perception (2) test to realize it's fake, but no listed capacity cost.