NEWS

[SR5] House - Vehicle Encumbrance

• 2 Replies

belaran

• Omae
« on: <11-15-17/0309:15> »
Hi all,

Most of the time, the number of seats is enough information to know "how much people/stuff" one can be crammed into one vehicle. However, as my players have an Ares Venture (a somewhat large VTOL), and are often doing smuggling, so the question how much and which impact become a bit more important.

Anyhow, I've come up with a simple rule I wanted to share, as maybe other will find it usefull:
  • Each vehicle seats is worth ~100kg (to keep the math simple)
  • For each extra seat (extra 100kg), the driver gets a -2d penalty and the vehicle [Handling] and [Speed] is reduced by one
  • Whenever [Handling] or [Speed] comes to zero, the vehicle is simply to burden to move anymore

Hope you find that useful, and of course, if you feel it is "breaking" the game somehow, please let me know!

legionof1

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <11-15-17/0523:56> »
Makes sense to me.

Thou i would note that wheeled/tracked vehicles can carry quite a lot more then one would expect, so long as the suspension holds, often more then physically fits in/on the vehicle. Perhaps i higher per seat rate for ground vehicles? 

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <11-27-17/1829:38> »
Well, to be honest, this rule was cooked up for a VTOL, especially an Ares Venture in mind. Depending what is the easiest one could give a multiplier for vehicle designed to haul, or simply change the grid. For instance a Hauler could have a seat worth 1 ton! :)