NEWS

Just got updated SR6 PDF. What changed?

• 39 Replies

Solracd

• Newb
« on: <09-15-21/2201:31> »
I received an email saying there is a new CRB PDF.

What are the updates to this files?  I compared to Feb errata and I'm not easily seeing these incorporated.

???

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <09-15-21/2206:20> »
This new third printing incorporates all previous errata as well as an otherwise-unpublished third wave, which is basically just as big as the first two.

In addition to all this errata, it has an entire new chapter devoted to playing in the Seattle setting.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Solracd

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <09-15-21/2206:56> »
My bad.  It looks like my file refused to open the new file, so I was looking at the previous version.

It does indeed look like the Feb errata has been incorporated.  However, does anyone know the full update on the file?

Solracd

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <09-15-21/2208:01> »
Great, now I have to read the whole manual again!

Darn.

;)

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <09-15-21/2212:58> »
I expect that there'll be a "just the errata" doc published for the third wave, just as there was for the first and second.  No idea when it'll be up... probably after Gen Con since it's not already up now.  CGL people are gonna be busy until then....
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <09-15-21/2222:52> »
Million nuyen question...are the pre-gens legal now?

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <09-15-21/2225:01> »
Million nuyen question...are the pre-gens legal now?

each and every one of them got hit with the errata hammer :D

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <09-15-21/2242:13> »
Excellent news!  That alone tells me a lot about the quality level to expect.  Thank you and the crew for all the hard work. 

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <09-15-21/2316:33> »
The 5 Minor action limit did *not* get  changed, which is surprising and disappointing.

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <09-15-21/2319:45> »
pg 330 features a Pixie character for the first time and her unarmed damage code is 2S, so pixies officially do as much damage as trolls

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <09-15-21/2328:41> »
pg 111 Multiple Attacks
The text no longer gives the option of attacking one opponent multiple times.  It's only for attacking multiple opponents.

This isn't the full change, but here's an example
2nd printing:
. . .  there may be times you want to deliver multiple attacks at once. This can be against multiple targets, or you could attempt two attacks against the same target. Whatever the case, to make multiple attacks, divide . . .

3rd printing:
. . . there may be times you want to attack more than one opponent simultaneously. When making multiple attacks, divide . . .

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <09-15-21/2344:41> »
pg 108 Firing Mode

This section looks MUCH better thank you.
It's now explicitly stated that all weapons have a SS mode even when it's not listed.
It's stated that BF and FA do not require the multiple attacks action.
It's stated that Anticipation works with BF wide burst without using the multiple attack action.

HALLELUIAH

FULL AUTO DOESNT SUCK ANYMORE

Full auto is now an AREA attack that does NOT split your dice pool.  The area starts at 1m radius (2m circle) and can be expanded by another 1m radius by reducing the AR by 2.  This can be done multiple times as long as the final AR is above zero.

This makes full auto much more useful, but I wonder if allowing the character to use the full pool was smart, that seems potentially very powerful.

Related change: pg 47 Anticipation

Double your dice pool and split it as evenly as possible for each different target.

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <09-16-21/0006:58> »
Yeah, some things are strategic design decisions and are beyond the scope of errata... like the cap on minor actions, strength not adding to DV, armor not adding to soak, the entire edge mechanic... if you were hoping for any of that to change, then I'll spare you the agony and confirm none of that was touched by errata.

However, I still think we did a lot of good.  Some things to look forward to:

Numerous chargen clarifications, as well as allowing initiation/submersion in chargen
Finally saying strength adds to AR in a rule :P
all the archetypes being given some corrections
clarifying the augmented bonus on skills
the afore-mentioned changes to multiple attacks, anticipation, and firing modes.  those rules didn't play well together AT ALL, and were eligible for errata on that basis
needed clarification on breaking out of grapple
cleaned up blast rules a bit
established a limit on how many spell adjustments you can do
clarified how touch range combat spells work
a sneaky tweak to make vehicle armor more attractive (honestly, why wouldn't you just cast armor, before?)
a subtle nerf across the board to spirit ItNW
added restriction on bonding foci (no more Force 30 focus, sorry!)
subtle but profound change to PANs (no more limit on total number of devices- one hacker can protect whole team's PAN now)
some technomancer and rigging clarifications
slight tweaks and corrections to a handful of critter powers
a few tweaks to some gear and cyberware
correcting a whole bunch of sidebars/examples
and

numerous typos and confusing wording fixes

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <09-16-21/0012:50> »
I found the Vehicle Armor change and was about to post it when you replied.  That does make Vehicle Armor not completely inferior to Armor.  However, rolling against Obj Resistance will still usually result in a failed spell since the book lists vehicle obj resistance in the 15+ category.

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <09-16-21/0018:30> »
I found the Vehicle Armor change and was about to post it when you replied.  That does make Vehicle Armor not completely inferior to Armor.  However, rolling against Obj Resistance will still usually result in a failed spell since the book lists vehicle obj resistance in the 15+ category.

yeah, you're likely to only get 1 or 2 points, but hey, that's still nice!