NEWS

6e Matrix: device actions

• 24 Replies

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <11-13-19/1405:57> »
Now I have another question.   ::)  Sounds like Hosts don't normally have initiative scores?  Is that right?

I see that IC uses (DP x 2) + 3d6, but nothing for Hosts.  If a Host is controlling something like a door, camera, sending commands to drones, etc, doesn't it need that?  Should we assume the same as the IC for a calculation?  Or would whatever the old 5e calc is still work?

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <11-13-19/1416:16> »
Now I have another question.   ::)  Sounds like Hosts don't normally have initiative scores?  Is that right?

I see that IC uses (DP x 2) + 3d6, but nothing for Hosts.  If a Host is controlling something like a door, camera, sending commands to drones, etc, doesn't it need that?  Should we assume the same as the IC for a calculation?  Or would whatever the old 5e calc is still work?

Yes. Technically that should be IC uses the Host initiative of DPx2 + 3d6 ... same end result
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <11-13-19/1416:59> »
Makes sense.  Thanks!

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <11-13-19/1427:59> »
DANGIT!  I keep running into questions.   ;D

I assume that all IC attacks are Major actions?  It doesn't say anywhere I can find, but since using an attack action for cybercombat would be a Major action (Crash Program, Data Spike, etc), I'm assuming IC attacks are also Major actions?  If that is true, I assume that means IC should be assumed to get two attacks every turn?  It has nothing to use it's Minor actions for, so that would effectively be the situation, right?

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <11-13-19/1431:05> »
DANGIT!  I keep running into questions.   ;D

I assume that all IC attacks are Major actions?  It doesn't say anywhere I can find, but since using an attack action for cybercombat would be a Major action (Crash Program, Data Spike, etc), I'm assuming IC attacks are also Major actions?  If that is true, I assume that means IC should be assumed to get two attacks every turn?  It has nothing to use it's Minor actions for, so that would effectively be the situation, right?

They would need to have 4d6 initiative to have 2 majors ... but otherwise yes
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <11-13-19/1436:32> »
 :o That's different than what characters get. 

"The basic action allotment for each character is 1 Minor Action and 1 Major Action per combat round. Players get 1 additional Minor Action for every Initiative Die they have." 

"+ 3d6" would be a total of 1 major and 4 minors, no?

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <11-13-19/1440:45> »
:o That's different than what characters get. 

"The basic action allotment for each character is 1 Minor Action and 1 Major Action per combat round. Players get 1 additional Minor Action for every Initiative Die they have." 

"+ 3d6" would be a total of 1 major and 4 minors, no?

Duh ... nevermind... you're right
There are minor actions IC could take, but I agree they rarely woukd
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <11-13-19/1446:47> »
OK, whew! 

Wait, what Minors could they take?  Send message to alert the system owner?  Can it swap it's attributes? 

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <11-13-19/1454:55> »
OK, whew! 

Wait, what Minors could they take?  Send message to alert the system owner?  Can it swap it's attributes?

Technically they can take any of the matrix actions ... it's just a matter of whether they would benefit from it. So yes send messages to put the Host on full alert and or alert the Owner is a very good one. Swapping attributes not so much because they use the Host attributes for most things.
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <11-13-19/1522:29> »
Thanks!