NEWS

[IC] The Tell-Tale Heart

  • 67 Replies
  • 17750 Views

cyclonus743

  • *
  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 92
  • Is this whats left of the mighty Decepticons
« Reply #45 on: <10-10-10/1434:29> »
Sounds fine with me.
Note to all you rich corp slugs out there: the Redmond Barrans is no place to take your brand new drek hot sports car out for a spin.
Belial's Bio: http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=79.msg7814#msg7814
Aliases: http://incompetech.com/gallimaufry/mstnames.html

Devil

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 747
« Reply #46 on: <10-11-10/1321:54> »
"Good."

O'leary sits down in his desk and begins using the built-in commlink. Who's broadcasting a SIN? What SIN? And is thier commlink registered to to that SIN? He's trying to send you information, however this will mean that he can contact you and it may give him access to information that might help him track you down if he so wishes.

TranKirsaKali

  • *
  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 148
« Reply #47 on: <10-11-10/1435:56> »
{OOC I am using my fake Sin with the name  Lobo. Not attached to my com link.  Not exactly broadcasting.  But it is there.}

Devil

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 747
« Reply #48 on: <10-11-10/1447:38> »
((Devices can run in one of three modes: Active, Passive, and Hidden. for more info on each one: pg.223 aniversary edition core rulebook. If you don't have it then I can explain them to you.))

inca1980

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 2294
« Reply #49 on: <10-11-10/1603:07> »
[OOC: Whoever is broadcasting the fake SIN will get reimbursed if we ever gotta burn the SIN.]

cyclonus743

  • *
  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 92
  • Is this whats left of the mighty Decepticons
« Reply #50 on: <10-11-10/1633:29> »
(( Running Passive for Bob Johnson my fake i use for shadow biz ))
Note to all you rich corp slugs out there: the Redmond Barrans is no place to take your brand new drek hot sports car out for a spin.
Belial's Bio: http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=79.msg7814#msg7814
Aliases: http://incompetech.com/gallimaufry/mstnames.html

TranKirsaKali

  • *
  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 148
« Reply #51 on: <10-11-10/1658:30> »
running in passive mode.

Devil

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 747
« Reply #52 on: <10-13-10/1226:41> »
((Someone needs to be on active for a minute for him to pick up your commcode and send you the information. Since the others went out of their way to say they are on staying on passive, then that's gonna be Santero. Someone has to do it and he has a cruddy fake SIN and commlink. Santero, after this I'll assume you are usually on passive mode too unless you want me to do otherwise.))

The data is transferred to Santero's commlink, but before you can look it it he has his bodyguard show you out, while shouting at you. "Keep me informed. And don't fuck this up. It's important!"

As the elevator doors close, the mysterious warrior waves at you with his fingers. You can hear O'leary's loud, obnoxious laugh in the background.

Thankfully, the doors shut, leaving the pair behind. You all make your way downstairs and outside, where the rare Seattle snow still clings. Jimmy's car is gone, but it's probably for the better. More nuyen for you, right? The three of you gather around the commlink to peer at the info. It is basically just map with a large dot on it. Looks like it could have been a still picture taken of some kind of tracking program. Doesn't take long for you to recognize the area. It's just inside the edge of the Verge, southeast of you.

((Kali & Belial, Santero would probably send you the image. You all have eachother's fake SIN commcodes from previously working together. If you need info on the Verge then I can provide it for you. The three of you together would know a fair amount. You can also execute data searches and stuff where you're at.))
« Last Edit: <10-13-10/1228:26> by Joker »

inca1980

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 2294
« Reply #53 on: <10-13-10/1254:33> »
[OOC: ok as soon as we get a moment i'm going to sit down somewhere comfortable and astrally project.  I'll also call both of my bound spirits along with my unbound spirit out of the meta-planes and have them on stand-by in astral.  I'll use up a task from my unbound guardian spirit to continuously use it's optional power "concealment" to hide me and Kali in the astral plane.  Since you said I recognize the location, I'll zip over to the place shown on the image and make visual contact with the package.  If Kali comes along then it would be cool if she could summon an unbound spirit to bring with us because mine can't materialize....and then her spirit could grab the package and bring it back to our meat bodies.]

Santero waits until the group is a block or two from O'Leary's office.  
"Oye Kali, let's just leave Belial here for a moment to watch our bodies and we can quickly fly over there in astral space and scope out the package.  Call on one of your Great Spirits to send you a servant that can carry the package for us.  Is that cool Belial?  It'll only take a few minutes."

[OOC: as soon as Kali is ready to go i'm ready to go also.  Just make sure that Kali uses the spirits conceal power to hide on it's way back to our meat bodies.  I'll just preemptively roll an assensing test to look for any possible threats in the astral when we get close:  Assensing 3 + Intuition 3 + Actively looking for 3 = 9 9d6.hits(5)=2.  If you allow it to not count as a task, then I will ask my spirits to mentally inform me of any possible threats they see, but if it does count as a task for you, then I won't do this.  If they do see something then i'll use a task to deal with it.  ]
« Last Edit: <10-13-10/1323:35> by inca1980 »

cyclonus743

  • *
  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 92
  • Is this whats left of the mighty Decepticons
« Reply #54 on: <10-13-10/1410:22> »
Belial runs a quick data serach on the Verge.

( Logic 2(-1) + Browse 4 going for general info threshold of 6 5d6.hits(5)=1, Next roll 5d6.hits(5)=3, Next roll 5d6.hits(5)=1, next roll 5d6.hits(5)=1)

"Yeah thats fine.  I'll just be out here in the cold."

Belial Grabs his AK off his Bike and stands guard over his teammates.
Note to all you rich corp slugs out there: the Redmond Barrans is no place to take your brand new drek hot sports car out for a spin.
Belial's Bio: http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=79.msg7814#msg7814
Aliases: http://incompetech.com/gallimaufry/mstnames.html

TranKirsaKali

  • *
  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 148
« Reply #55 on: <10-13-10/1442:10> »
Guys, I think we should get out of here before we do this.  Lets go to a stuffer shack or a hourly motel and do it in warmth and safety.  I do not trust that drekhead farther than I can throw him.  And that taint far.  I also don't think it is going to be that easy to just go get the package.  I am willing to go with you to check it out but I think we should be prepared for a drive a fight and some tracking.  Heck do we even know what the package is we are looking for or were we just given a dot on a map?  What if the vehicle has a bunch of stuff on it?

inca1980

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 2294
« Reply #56 on: <10-13-10/1509:40> »
[OOC: I think it's actually the safest way to go....we scope it out with you and me, 2 F6 spirits, one F3, and you could summon a hefty one too.  They would also be using their conceal power on all of us in astral space.  The only thing that could cause us trouble in the scoping out would be if there were significant magical defense around the package....but if that's true, then there's also gonna be helluva lot of physical defense too.  If we can't find the package in astral space where we can go through walls, we most definitely won't be able to find it on the physical realm.  If the vehicle has a lot of stuff on it, how would it be any different if we were in the physical realm.  One thing i could also do is have one of my spirits possess the vehicle and we could just drive the thing away....there's a lot of options but going astral is definitely the safest and quickest.  We'll move cautiously looking out for mojo.  If you want to go to a coffin motel first then i'm cool with that, but it would literally take seconds either way because either we find the package unguarded, or we don't find it at all, or we find it guarded and we move out come back to our bodies and figure out a plan for dealing with the threat.]


Devil

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 747
« Reply #57 on: <10-13-10/1519:57> »
((OOC: I'm pretty sure Kali is speaking IC, Inca. ;) ))

TranKirsaKali

  • *
  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 148
« Reply #58 on: <10-14-10/1211:50> »
{OOC Yes I was speaking in character.}

TranKirsaKali

  • *
  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 148
« Reply #59 on: <10-14-10/2253:48> »
So anyone know of a nice safe house we can go and get stuff done in?  I am sure we can find something quickly.  Lets get this over with. Hey Belial, can you find out anything on our Johnson and see if we can figure out what the heck we are even looking for?  I can call Terry and get us a place to go and investigate astrally while you do that.  

*Kali gets on her bike*  Lets start moving out.  This guy makes me itchy.