NEWS

(I.C) Cleaning Up the Band

• 90 Replies

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #60 on: <09-27-10/2120:00> »
As Father Twilight walks up to the table one of the guys says, "I Ben joining us? He loves playing Spades. We should see if he wants to play."

The man to his right replies, "Dan, no one has seen Ben in a couple weeks remember."

A look of enlightenment shows on Dan's face "Oh yeah I forgot. The memory isn't what it used to be."

Using your second sight you see that they all look relaxed and carefree. When they start talking about Ben you glance back at the nurse and see she is worried about something suddenly.

"Greetings my children. I am Father Gabriel,............." Father Twilight says.

"I'm Jack." The one who reminded Dan says as he rises slightly to shake Father Twilight's hand. Always good to meet a man of the cloth. He extends his hand and shakes it with a firm handshake. "Dr. Anders has done wonders for me. He says if I continue improving I should be able to leave and return to society in a couple more weeks."

"How long have you been here my son?"

"Just under a month. Friday will be my one month mark as a matter of fact."  He sits back down and starts dealing the cards to the three of them sitting there.

The nurse steps over and says, "We should let them play their game. Why don't you follow me and we will finish the tour. It is almost time for my rounds."

She quietly leads you back towards the entryway and asks, "Are there any questions I can help you with?"
"Walking through walls isn't tough..... if you know where the doors are."
"It's not being seen that is the trick."

Walks Through Walls

Father_Twilight

• Newb
« Reply #61 on: <09-29-10/2031:11> »
"Certainly. What are your treatment methods here? I have heard of some places like this which use, unorthadox, treatment methods. I wish to ensure that any member of my flock that I advise to visit a facility like this will be treated for both his body and his soul." Father Twilight said as he followed the nurse.

((OOC:As usual watching her with astral perception for any signs of unease or deception))

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #62 on: <09-29-10/2049:53> »
Father Twilight sees her aura shine with honest happiness as she replies, "Here at the New Hope Hospice we always have the patients well being in mind. The treatment methods are state of the art, but never at the risk of the patient. As far as exact treatment methods it depends on which of the three doctors is working with the patient. Dr Anders is doing wonders with BTL and chip addictions restoring patients self worth and confidence as well as helping them through the physical pitfalls of addiction. Dr Jones also has a great success rate though he deals more with addictions of drugs. Dr Peterson is working on finding new treatments for those who have become addicted to magically active or enhanced drugs. What type of addiction is your friend battling?"

Walks Through Walls

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #63 on: <09-30-10/1047:02> »
He quickly cuts in before Father Twilight can answer.

"A little of everything, Doc. He just takes whatever he can get his hands on, I think." Joker's tone holds mild sorrow as well as derision directed towards his fictional brother.

"Could definitely use some of that self worth and confidence... and help through them pitfalls. ...What's your personal opinion 'bout this Dr. Anders? He any good?"

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #64 on: <09-30-10/2006:25> »
Nurse Linda seems a bit confused at first then figures out that Joker was referring to her when he said Doc and replies, "I think that Dr. Anders is very good at helping addicts find their way back to a more normal life. I don't believe he is religious at all or if he is he keeps it to himself. I'm sorry to cut you off, but I really must be getting to my rounds."

A gentleman walks up and says, "Yes you had better do that Linda. I'm tired of having to do all of your grunt work just because you don't want to. Just because I'm an orderly doesn't mean I have to do all of your slop work." He continues down the hall without waiting for a response.

Linda leads you on out into the waiting room and thanks you again for thinking of the New Hope Hospice and then closes the door.

The receptionist, Kathy, says "I hope Linda was able to give you a good tour. Are there any other questions I can help you with?"

Walks Through Walls

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #65 on: <10-02-10/1721:16> »
Joker smiles at Kathy as he and Father Twilight head out the door. The two have just made the sidewalk when Joker calls Monky on his link. "Meet us at the Bistro and let's go over what we have learned so far."

Monky and Y-Chan head back to the Bistro. You all meet back and start discussing your next move and getting some much needed food. After a half an hour of chowing and talking the waitress asks about desserts  when Y-Chan's comlink sounds letting him know he has an incoming call. He steps aside to take it.

The rugged face of Jenny, his Knight Errant officer contact, fills the screen. The serious look on her face tells him instantly this isn't an invite to dinner. "What the frag have you done?"
After a pause and studying his puzzled face she continues, "You have upset someone with some heat behind them. I just had to deflect two different inquires about you. I stalled them for about an hour or two, but thought you needed a heads up."

(O.O.C. Axe if you want to stay by the warehouse with your drone instead of going back to the bistro just let me know)

Walks Through Walls

Maelstrom

• Chummer
« Reply #66 on: <10-03-10/0918:29> »
"People call me Timithy. Yeah I'll be sure to let you know if I find out anything."

He walks off down the alley. The fly spy following behind him. Axe has to hurry after paying his tab at the bistro to get into position to follow behind the fly spy. He is able to parallel the route staying one block over. "Timithy" goes about 10 blocks straight and then after looking around to be sure he isn't being followed (at least you assume that is why he looked all around and paused at the door.) he ducks into a warehouse building.

Axe messages a full update to the group, including the GPS coordinates of the warehouse building.  I stay here for now.  I raise the drone altitude sufficiently to get a 360-degree aerial view of the building.  Then I perform a data search in public records for information about the building while waiting and watching.

Message to group: "Keep me in the loop, guys, and don't run off on me."

I will inform the group of all information I gather and any events that unfold.

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #67 on: <10-03-10/0946:31> »
Axe hunkers down in an alley a block from the warehouse as he takes the fly spy up to get a 360 view of the warehouse. It takes a minute that seems like an eternity to your hypersenses as it climbs and finds the correct angle for what you want. While waiting you start up the search programs for who owns this building? come to me data precious data. You can run but you can't hide.

The warehouse takes up most of the city block with a small stuffer shack on the far corner. As you wait for your search program to run its magic you notice that there have been three or four people come and go from the warehouse in just the last couple of minutes. Got the munchies huh?  you think as one guy walks out of the warehouse and into the stuffer shack.

Just then you hear two voices five feet off to your left and growing louder. You scrunch down No where to hide better. I'm seen for sure The two men walk right in front of you. They don't even notice you from the lack of reaction from either of them.

"Yeah I hear that he has decided that picketing the clinic is doing some good. Why else would they keep calling Knight Errant to run us off."
"True that brother. I just hope I get to be part of the next special operation."
"Yeah that would be cool."

Then they are out of earshot. They don't even look around as they open the door and walk into the warehouse. You didn't even realize you were holding your breathe until you let it out slowly.

Your comlink beeps in your ear. You open up the vocal only channel expecting it to be the preliminaries on your search program instead Two-bytes' (one of your Seattle hacking underground "friends") voice startles you, "Hey chummer hope the code is true and your thoughts pure."

You take a second to recover and reply, "There is nothing truer than cord, but drek the pure thoughts." finishing the identification cypher.
"You ok chummer?"
"Yeah why you asking?"
"Well you sounded out of it there at first."
"Sorry just caught up in something and wasn't expecting your buzz is all"
"Null problem. I called because you chummers with a dude named Y-Chan yeah?"
You pause not sure how to answer.
"Don't have to answer just wanted to give you a heads up. Someone ran a pretty complex background search on him a few minutes ago. Just wanted to make sure you were in the loop. Talk at you later." and he ends the call.

Your data search scrolls up the beginning data. It has peeled back three layers but there are more still. It looks like the warehouse is owned by an individual, but you aren't sure who yet.

Walks Through Walls

Darkstorm

• Newb
« Reply #68 on: <10-05-10/1031:06> »
Y-Chan responds to Jenny..."Can you give me any details on these checks running on me? Any idea who they came from, or why?"

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #69 on: <10-05-10/1103:52> »
Joker sits back in his chair, eating a piece of pie, drinking his beer, and watching Monkey and Father Twilight. When he is finished with his pie he wipes his mouth with a napkin and finally speaks subvocally to the whole team.
"Maybe it's time to go check out the warehouse. What do you think? Axe, can I get schematics or security info please?"
He stands up, walking outside with his beer to smoke before he leaves. Y-chan is talking into her commlink a short distance away.

((00C: -10 Nuyen probably for the pie and beer. By the way, Walks, I'm pretty sure Y-chan is a girl. :) ))

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #70 on: <10-05-10/1846:54> »
Jenny says, "Sorry I can't really don't know. They were being run through a national database, and routed around a couple times before they got there. That is why I was able to give them the run around for you. It wasn't an official request just kind of a what is known about this person kind of thing."

(O.O.C Axe's contact could have been using dude as a general term for people Axe hangs out with or it could be that the contact didn't know that Y-Chan was female   :) )

Axe starts running the program for the schematics, and figures it will take about 15 minutes to find them and try to verify if there have been modifications made to the building.

Axe it could be faster or more in depth if you want to drop the other search program. Just let me know 

Walks Through Walls

Maelstrom

• Chummer
« Reply #71 on: <10-05-10/2025:11> »
OOC:  Will you permit me to have taken a picture of the two men with my cybereyes visual recorder when they went past?

Wishing he hadn't downed all that sugar and caffiene, Axe tries to steady himself and slow his breathing.

I turn off other programs to hasten the building search.

Commlink to group, using subvocal microphone:  "This mebbe turnin' bad. Sumbuddy is in hacker turf sniffin' fer info on Y-Chan.  Gonna learn what I can on this buildin' an' keep watchin'.  Stay close, chummers."

Inform the group of the two men and their conversation, and send visual image if available.

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #72 on: <10-05-10/2107:12> »
You get pictures of them, but they don't show the faces very well since they kind of walked by you, but were never really looking your way which is probably part of the reason they didn't see you.

It is a basic warehouse layout with a large loading dock door at one end, a man door next to it, and basically one big open space besides an office off to one side

Walks Through Walls

Darkstorm

• Newb
« Reply #73 on: <10-07-10/1243:32> »
Y-Chan thanks Jenny and heads back over to talk to the rest of the group..."It looks like someone is doing some digging on me. I think it might be our guy 'Timithy', running some checks."

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #74 on: <10-07-10/2115:13> »
Axe's info search on the warehouse comes back as owned by one Vinny "Moon Dog" Fanchelli. He is the son of a very wealthy socialite who made his money trading stocks and bonds, gold and other rare metals. The son has been arrested a couple of times on minor vandalism type charges and one of the tabloid trids have him involved with neo-anarchists.

He bought the warehouse about a year ago and did some type of renovations work on it, but the building inspector was never called for the final signoff so there aren't any official plans to call up. The work was done by a couple of small local construction firms and with a couple hours of time you are sure you could call up information about them

Walks Through Walls