NEWS

Bliss, Blessings and a Piece of Hell [IC]

  • 526 Replies
  • 40700 Views

Volker

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1896
« Reply #150 on: <11-09-15/0905:41> »
"Who is 'we'?, he asked without even opening his eyes for more than a blink.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6516
« Reply #151 on: <11-09-15/0921:24> »
"Citizen, you have been warned: Resisting arrest is a felony. Comply or you will be subdued."
Cinder had automatically fallen into his routine - for a moment even he was convinced that he could just have FY rounded up and sent to the station. The man was a killer after all.
But probably SINless - no case to be build there.
Child-murderer.

Cinder shot at the guys neck.

[spoiler]
Vitals shot with Defiance Ex, aiming for two actions

AGI 6 + Skill 6 + 1 Laser sight + 2 Aim - 4 Vitals shot
Aimed shot: 11d6t5 5

11 S(e) AP -5 + 5 successes

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Volker

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1896
« Reply #152 on: <11-09-15/1528:22> »
[spoiler]Wotcha. That surprised me. I'll roll a surprise check whether or not he realized what's happening in time.
Surprise check: 11d6t5 5

Dodge [dice pool 12 - 4 (lying position) - 2 (he passed the surprise check, but that doesn't mean he can react fully) + 5 using edge]
Defense: 11d6t5 7 plus some exploding sixes.

INI: INI roll: 2d6+11 15
I assume, your INI will be higher, so it's your time to roll and act.[/spoiler]

The killer caught the movement from the side of his eye. The very moment Cinder's finger pulled the trigger, he rolled to the side, landing on the floor with cat-like elegance. Every muscle on his stark naked body is tense like a coiled spring, his eyes are fixed at yours now, and wide awake. And he smiles.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6516
« Reply #153 on: <11-09-15/1558:18> »
Cinder didn't smile
[spoiler]
Ini: 12+2d6 18
Simple action: Aim
Free Action: Vitals Shot
Simple action: Shoot: 10d6t5 3
[/spoiler]

he just re-aimed and fired again.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #154 on: <11-09-15/1621:19> »
[spoiler]If that spirit is payed a service for overwatch he should notify me that there is combat. If he does, I'll give the spirit an order to interfere in combat.
Initiative: 12+2d6 22 (25 because I forgot about the F+2 reaction and F+1 intuition.)

[/spoiler]

Volker

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1896
« Reply #155 on: <11-11-15/1141:18> »
[spoiler]Yep, you're right. Of course, the spirit informs you. He will intervene at the start of the next Combat Round, since I assume that it will take this round to inform you, receive the orders and move to the place of combat. What do Mark's spirits look like?

Defense roll: 12d6t5 4
Maybe you shouldn't aim at the vitals.
Called kick at your knees: Kick:
Your turn in phase 5.
[/spoiler]

From his kneeling position, one hand on the ground, FY rolled forward, nimbly dodging Cinder's incoming shots. Still on the ground, he shifted his weight on his right hand, bringing his foot up in a sidewards swing at Cinder's knee. This kick does not aim to bring Cinder out of balance; it aims to send his knee cap flying through the room.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6516
« Reply #156 on: <11-11-15/1308:31> »
[spoiler]
Evade+Dodge: 20d6t5 7

Ini reduced to 3
FY acts before me.

[/spoiler]

Cinder evaded the kick with practised ease. He had been on the streets long enough not to know how to deal with that - namely going a step back while he readied himself to punch that weasle in the throat.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #157 on: <11-11-15/1326:16> »
[spoiler]
Mark is Hermetic - so his spirit is an air elemental.
the spirit will use elemental attack 12P -6 damage. (let's hope we do not need to revive FY.
I beleive air spirit do lighting damage so non conductivity works and after being zapped FY loses 5 initiative and suffers -1 to all actions if the spirit hit that is.

Initiative 25 - alert mark + receive command to interfere. (from Marks initiative)
15 - materialize
5 - attack:
Attack FY: 15d6t5 7
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <11-11-15/1327:47> by gilga »

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #158 on: <11-13-15/0747:39> »
When the daemon notifys Mark that Cynder is engaged in combat Mark orders it "Do your worst to anyone attacking Cynder"

Volker

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1896
« Reply #159 on: <11-13-15/0748:52> »
The distraction worked. Buying himself a bit of time, FY didn't launch another attack. Instead, he rushed past Cinder, leaving the room and escaping into the other parts of the Temple of Wonders. After Cinder turned around to follow him, he can see him passing out of sight through a nearby door - the changing cabins, you assume.

[spoiler]You can either follow him. If you have Running, you may attempt to roll a running roll, although you can't really sprint here anyway. Or you can try to shoot him before he vanishes. Although it's not strictly speaking turn, you can try and fire at him with a -4 dice pool penalty before he manages to shut the door behind him.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6516
« Reply #160 on: <11-13-15/1148:38> »
[spoiler]
Since he engaged me in melee combat I should be able to make an interrupt: intercept attack -5 ini (p.168 core),
Also I'm using subduing combat to prevent him moving further.

Intercepting attack: 14d6t5 5 [14d6t5=6, 6, 6, 4, 1, 1, 4, 2, 6, 5, 2, 2, 4, 1]

If I succeed and unless FY has more than 8 physical limit, he should be captured

[/spoiler]

Cinder could see what FY planned, but this wasn't his first rodeo. With a short jump and his outstretched arm he went to intercept the murderer.
<<Perp is resisting, need back up>>

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #161 on: <11-13-15/1859:49> »
Hearing the comm Mark replied >> My air elemental is coming your way and my drones are watching the exits.

luckace

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 302
« Reply #162 on: <11-14-15/1047:46> »
"Ok, incoming"
[spoiler] If Scarcrow can see Riker, he gives him a sign to watch the door, if not, he proceeds without it.
Re-edit: forgot the intimidate- roll:
Intimidating the smiler: 11d6t5 4 [/spoiler]
With quick steps Scarcrow walked up to the smiling page. "Reinforces for the officer", he briskly addressed him. "Lock the door, do NOT let anyone out! If Frozen Yogurt escapes, I will hold you responsible myself, meaning the heavy charges will be the least of your concerns. Got me, bhai?"

If the man does nothing to stop him, he asks: "Which way did he go?"
« Last Edit: <11-15-15/1654:41> by luckace »
speech   thought      "matrix talk"   <<message>>    whisper   foreign language

Volker

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1896
« Reply #163 on: <11-16-15/1011:23> »
Cinder

[spoiler]Sorry, but you can't. Your INI is already at -3 afte your lust interrupt action. His action takes place in phase 5, i.e. the same combat round.[/spoiler]

FY slams the door shut behind him.

Mark

Your spirit informs you that he is now with Cinder.

Scarcrow

All color vanishes from the page's face, his eyes widen. Without losing a single word, he just points inside the Temple of Wonders. Since you the AROs are not difficult to understand, it's easy to find Cinder.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6516
« Reply #164 on: <11-16-15/1027:20> »
[spoiler]
Nope, I'm exactly at 3. Dodge is a -5 interrupt (you might be thinking of full defense which is -10)

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex