NEWS

Bliss, Blessings and a Piece of Hell [IC]

• 526 Replies

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #165 on: <11-16-15/1226:06> »
The troll nodded pleasedly. Almost too easy with 'em little folks. "You got other exits? Have 'em locked as well, only unlock for other people. But be discrete."
Then he stepped inside, quickly following the ARO's.
speech   thought      "matrix talk"   <<message>>    whisper   foreign language

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #166 on: <11-17-15/0431:00> »
[spoiler]
Nope, I'm exactly at 3. Dodge is a -5 interrupt (you might be thinking of full defense which is -10)
The Evade & Dodge maneuver lowered your INI from 8 to 3 (-5). An intercept maneuver would lower your INI below 0, which is why it's not legal. Or did I miss anything? Again...[/spoiler]
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #167 on: <11-17-15/0433:51> »
[spoiler]
You need to have a positive ini to do anything, but you are allowed to go into the negative - even with a ini of 1 you still get a full action phase (worth 10 ini) or you can go on full defense (dito).
It's only when you are on 0 or negative that you can't use any more actions. ;)

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #168 on: <11-18-15/0205:05> »
[spoiler]Hm. The rules are contradictory.
It says:
Quote from: CRB 167
When a character uses an Interrupt Action, such as Full Defense, he takes an action out of turn, but only if he has enough Initiative Score left in the Combat Turn to pay the price of the action.

Then it says
Quote from: CRB 167
Interrupt Action occur outside the normal course of the Combat Turn and do not cost the character their Action Phase (unless they reduce their Initiative Score below 0 with their actions).

Well, the author(s) must be either two different persons, or have a multiple personality disorder, or confused. Either way, let's perform the action to continue the game. Although I find this ruling very, very strange indeed.

Anyway, defense roll:
Defense roll: 12d6t5 6

*lol*
Oh man ... we could've saved the whole discussion. I feel so sorry! I really do. The stars don't favor you. :D The dice gods sometimes really are unfair... [/spoiler]

Half by skill, half by mere lucky, Frozen Yoghurt somehow managed to evade the outstretched arm with a roll forward. He lands in a kneeling position, jumps up and locks himself in the room.

Shortly after that, Scarcrow arrives in the hall.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #169 on: <11-18-15/0243:21> »
Cinder cursed. That guy was more slippery than an eel. Without missing a beat he charged after the fugitive.
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #170 on: <11-18-15/0507:36> »
[spoiler] I do not read them as contradictory, in your own turn you get an action as long as you are positive initiative and for interrupt you need to pay the full price

That is if I have 6 initiative I can use -5 interrupt before my turn be reduced to 1 and play my action phase. I cannot do -10 interrupt (not enough initiative), in my action I can go full defense (not as interrupt) because I get an action as long as I have positive initiative.

[/spoiler]

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #171 on: <11-18-15/1151:38> »
"Is he in there?", Scarcrow asked the policeman. "Locked?"

With a gesture he then signalled Cinder to step away from the door, took a few steps back and positioned himself to charge against the door.

[spoiler] What do I have to roll if I want to break that door? Strength + Unarmed?
Reedit: So I just rolled Str + Unarmed + 2 (charge), seemed to be the best idea that came to my mind.
"knocking" the door: 15d6t5 5[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <11-19-15/1259:18> by luckace »

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #172 on: <11-20-15/0137:48> »
[spoiler]@gilga
Well, if we read it like this, the action wouldv'e been illegal. Anyway, it didn't change a lot.

@luckace
I'd rather say Body+Strength. You don't have to reroll, though, because your stats for Body+Strength are extraordinary. I'd also have allowed to roll Intuition+Logic and just open the door the normal way instead of tearing it out of the wall...
Please roll for Reaction+Agility (threshold 2) to avoid falling (see below). If you fall, you suffer -5 initiative and have to get up again.

EDIT: I attached a map. The utterly destroyed "doo" should be the door/whole/collection of splinters you just came in through.[/spoiler]

Like an avalanche, Scarcrow charged at the unlocked door. Expecting a sound steel or at least wooden dort, he lifted all his weight in the charge. He didn't expact the local people to use a particle board for a locker door in the Temple of Wonders. Well, wonder is what you do, to be sure... Putting way to much weight into the attack, Scarcrow stumbles after the door gives in.

Inside, you can see rows of lockers. You can hear steps and angry voices to your left.
« Last Edit: <11-20-15/0140:23> by Volker »
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #173 on: <11-20-15/0814:30> »
[spoiler]Uh... didn't you say he locked the door?
. He lands in a kneeling position, jumps up and locks himself in the room.
Anyway:  landing (rea+agi): 9d6t5 3[/spoiler]

With a loud blast, the troll smacked through the thin door, stumbled, but quickly regained his balance. His eyes darted through the room, looking for where the killer might have run. "Nobody leave the room!", he bellowed. "A fugitive criminal just came in here. Where did he go?"

He quickly walked up to the lockers and tried to open an unoccupied one to check if they could hold a grown up man.
« Last Edit: <11-20-15/0816:58> by luckace »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #174 on: <11-20-15/0909:12> »
With all the commotion, Mark kept his eyes on the electronic equipment of Frozen Yogurt, his drones on possible exists from the buildings and his car ready to interfere with what happens inside. It was far from the action but that guy seemed dangerous.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #175 on: <11-20-15/0930:51> »
Cinder followed Scarcrow. With gestures he indicated to him he should walk along the southern axis, while he made his way to the northern axis of the room. With his taser in hand he stalked from row to row, waiting for his quarry to show himself.
talk think matrix

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #176 on: <11-22-15/1625:50> »
In the row to your left, the steps grow quicker. Someone is clearly running there and, by the shouts of the disturbed Nepalis, you have a sophisticated guess who this could be. You hear a lout banging: Frozen Yoghurt slams the second door shut and attempts to escape. Since you lost a couple of seconds in the locker room, he has got a headstart of about 20 m by now.

[spoiler]@gilga: I'll inform you of any matrix activities he performs. Since he's running for it, he's got no time for this at the moment, though
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #177 on: <11-22-15/1704:01> »
"Outta my way!", Scarcrow shouted at the bystanders as he dashed towards the door the fugitive just slammed shut.
[spoiler]
I'll do a sprint (running + str):
Sprinting: 10d6t5 1
Crap, reroll with second chance (reroll all dice that did not hit)  reroll sprinting: 9d6t5 3
One edge spent.
So that should be agi×4 = 24m + 4m = 28, right?

Did I read that correctly that trolls only get 1m sprinting-bonus, same as dwarves? Why on earth is that?! They have like twice their size!  :o
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <11-22-15/1712:12> by luckace »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #178 on: <11-22-15/1719:02> »
Cinder started to run, too, but didn't waste his breath. The back door was secured, more important was not to give that man a chance to think or worse - grab a bystander as a hostage.
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #179 on: <11-22-15/1916:21> »
[spoiler]
If he does get out of the building, Mark should be able to spot him, he has quite a few drones deployed.
[/spoiler]