NEWS

Injector Drone

• 6 Replies

忍

« on: <11-14-18/1925:17> »
Hypothetically if there were a wasp-like drone that would sting victims with a needle. What would that drone look like, statistically? Likely mini similar to the flyspy, obviously some needle apparatus, but would there be an odd 'soft fornit to work? Would it be a dart instead of a contact attack? Any thoughts?

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #1 on: <11-14-18/2240:59> »
In Renraku Shutdown there used to be drones let that, but any drone today can be modified by using Rigger 5 basically.
Flyspy or similar drones would be optimal for the job.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <11-15-18/0105:56> »
I'd count a syringe as a reach 0 melee weapon, so a Mini Weapon Mount will suffice. And yeah, I'd think it will need an exotic weapon autosoft.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Hephaestus

• Omae
  • "Milk Run" is a mighty weird way to spell TPK
« Reply #3 on: <11-27-18/1758:35> »
So a Spy-Fly can sport a Mini Drone Weapon Mount, which can hold a hold-out pistol or light pistol. A Narcoject One from Street Lethal is a light pistol. The only downside is it will only shoot doses of Narcoject (which is still 15 S immediate).

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #4 on: <11-27-18/1850:24> »
So a Spy-Fly can sport a Mini Drone Weapon Mount, which can hold a hold-out pistol or light pistol. A Narcoject One from Street Lethal is a light pistol. The only downside is it will only shoot doses of Narcoject (which is still 15 S immediate).
Well, not immediate immediate. Immediate Toxins/Drugs apply at the end of the Combat Turn after all, so they can still fire back and destroy your drone before they run out of Initiative.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Spooky

• Omae
  • If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #5 on: <11-28-18/1332:01> »
Well, not immediate immediate. Immediate Toxins/Drugs apply at the end of the Combat Turn after all, so they can still fire back and destroy your drone before they run out of Initiative.

So make sure to hit them with stick n shock or a taser first, to reduce initiative and stun, then dart them to knock out.
Spooky, what do you do this pass? Shoot him with my thunderstruck gauss rifle. (Rolls)  8 hits. Does that blow his head off?

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <11-28-18/1345:24> »
There's also the called shot in R&G to move a toxin's speed up one category. Arguably "immediate" could go up to the "truly immediate" speed slap/stim patches use.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.